Please remove the 10k cert cap.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by illgot, May 16, 2013.

1. Stew360 Translator

If you spend around 500-1000 certification points in upgrading things such as your classes every now and then there shouldn't be an issue in having the maximum certification points being 10000. Personally I have gotten to battle rank 70, I have a lot of certification points spent on my character and I never had more than a total of 3000 certification points available to spend.
  2. Mythicrose12

I've saved up 10k certs to buy 1000 flashlights.
    • Up x 2
  3. illgot

Wouldn't be an issue if I played more than 2 classes (only one class primarily for offense, one for defense), and used 1 vehicle (Flash).
  4. Jobarra

From your other post. Looks like we finally got a dev response to the issue. Hooray!
    Luperza seems to indicate there was not a definitive reason that the cap was chosen for that amount. She indicated that it probably wouldn't change without reason. Considering that plenty of reasons why the cap is limiting right now have been given, this may allow them to revisit the issue and increase the cap. I don't imagine this would require a large amount of coding at all(if any. This might just be a setting in a datasource somewhere). Happy to get an official dev response finally though.

It's interesting that people are extremely quick to immediately say you are terrible for going over the cap and offer 'suggestions' of spending all the certs immediately because that's what they do. For those people, good for you. You spent all your certs. The next time something you have been waiting on(or something new the devs added by surprise) comes out, I hope you enjoy playing for many days before you can cert into what you want to play with. Me, I'll just buy it that day and upgrade it however I want. Then I can spend those same days you're spending having fun with what I wanted in the first place.

In all 3 of these threads(one of mine and two of yours), I still haven't seen one reason NOT to increase the cap. Even the dev team doesn't seem to have a reason for why the cap is set to its amount(they state they do need a cap though). All the negative posts I have seen is people who are incensed that you have 10000 certs. A change to the cap would in NO WAY affect them, but they are extremely quick to attack your idea even saying there is NO REASON for you to have that many certs even as you give valid reasons.

The only attempt at a reason I have seen is that accounts could possibly be sold. Well, a cap does absolutely nothing to curtail this other than the amount of certs available at the time of the account sale. If someone is selling the account, they could still spend the certs when it gets to the cap just as easily as storing them. BTW, currently if you logged in perfectly every 24 hours, it would take you 208 days to hit 10000 with Auraxium membership the whole time. If you are on a free account, it woudl take you (18 per day I think) 555 days to hit 10000. I think this makes selling accounts fairly moot(Could still be done no doubt, but the cap increase will do nothing to affect this)
    • Up x 3
  5. Advanced Darkness

Guys this is obviously a problem. I mean i'm so tired of constantly getting 10k certs. SOE nerf certs or your game is dead! This is game breaking. .....:rolleyes:

Now i need to feed my 50 cats and add another dirty adult diaper to the pile in the kitchen.
  6. illgot

you do that, and a few months from now, unless you are one of those players who refuse to spend money on boosts and a membership, you may end up maxing out the upgrades you have an interest in and then notice a month later you hit the 10k cap.
  7. Mustarde

I think if you pay for a membership, the cert cap should be removed. I'm always sitting at between 5-9k, being frustrated that I have to dump certs just to stay under the cap.

For those who can't fathom hitting 10k certs, or want to tell us how dumb we are, just look at how often SOE tweaks and nerfs various weapons and attributes in the game. How many certs have you spent that you regret or don't use? I take my time and don't spend my certs lightly. Once I know how I want to spend them, or which weapons to spend them on, I do so freely (over 6k certs in my wraith flash).

Personally I have been saving for the infiltrator update and the max lockdown ability. I would be very happy with a 20k cert cap.
    • Up x 2
  8. seamus2013

I'll take those extra certs from you as they come along.
    You're welcome.
  9. illgot

If I could give them to you I would just give you my passive certs once I hit 10k again (should take a few weeks of passive gain or a week of active play).

It would be better than gaining nothing at all for a six month subscription and heroic boost
  10. NovaAustralis

It would be kinda cool to be able to 'gift' certs.

Outfits leaders could use it as a reward for activities.
    Or you could 'gift' certs to a medic that revives you MAX when you really needed them to.
    Or an Engy that actually stops and repairs your red-lining vehicle.
    This would go a long way to encouraging positive behaviour / interaction between players.
    (Rather than the selfish, disorderly, disobedient, zerg-fest that we have now...)
  11. Keelin

I don't understand cert hoarding but i don't see any harm in removing the cap either.
    (Though i imagine that there would have to be a certain cap simply because of software limits.)
  12. Schwarzpferd

I can see saving like 1 or 2k for when a new weapons or something comes out, or I am sure many saved up certs for harasser so they could get it good from start, but I do not see myself ever getting to 10k. I mean I spend them immediately on stuff I use, reload speed, ammo capacity, timer reduction..
  13. Hobo Jack

paid for a year membership just because you paid money does not mean you get to make the rules. the rules were put in place BEFORE YOU SPENT YOUR MONEY!! 10k certs is a a huge amount just spend a little bit of them. i do agree that you should not have to log in every day to get your're passive certs if you go on vacation or get tied up IRL for a few days you get nothing and also i would have thousands on my alt chars but i keep forgetting to log them on!
  14. Macchus

i thought that once you go over the cap you got whatever certs you were supposed to get anyways ? i guess im wrong lol....
  15. illgot

Maybe they should state all the clauses to the subscription (24 hour limit on passive certs, 10k limit on cert and what ever else we haven't discovered yet) on their subscription page and boost page. Oh wait, no that would inform people before they purchased 6 months to a year of subscription and a six month 50% boost.
  16. Advanced Darkness

Thats the same thing hoarders say on all the tv shows. They like to take their time when it comes to reading news papers. they dont like to rush. Everyone else is dumb for not having a living room full of news papers.

A hoarder would would be happy with another house to stack full of newspapers = needing a 20k cert cap..this happens soooo often its insane ..........games broken
  17. Advanced Darkness

i typed my post so slowly i didnt think i had to write the words (sarcasm) heh obviously i didnt type them slow enough because my post seemed extremely serious.. /facepalm
  18. Advanced Darkness

The whole thing makes no sense at all. Cant even take the OP seriously heh because it just isnt serious. Fun..it is fun to reply to because all the non player-serious-business people come out of the wood work with made up facts and formulas :D totally worth watching.

Man, their parents basement should be getting pretty full of adult diapers by now.
  19. Advanced Darkness

somehow this 1 comment offended someone here :D i dont know how, but im positive it did. heh theyve got nothing else to do and nothing else going on. :p
  20. Eugenitor

Dear people who are hoarding certs to use them on future purchases:

You'll be able to completely max out those future purchases with 5K certs. Seriously. Max out your ESF or your MBT or even your Flash. Max your MAX, even. Do you have upgraded magazines for Bursters, AI, and AV weapons? Flak armor 5? You should.

Did you really expect "Wah! I have too much money and nothing to spend it on, and now my piggybank's full!" to get much traction on a public forum?