No matters if SOE work on battleflow Hossin was suposed to be out in May ? So what happen ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stew360, May 17, 2013.

1. Stew360

According to what they said at first is was looking like this

but esamir is already under the lattice systhem on the test servers , and it migth end up to be faster than what you expect for the (( lattice )) implementation part

but hossin will need to be test more than the other 2 continents since we will have the new Interlink facility ( ps2 version ) and no ones know what they look like in ps2 yet
  2. Stew360

this is exactly why i dont understand... why we dont even get a screenshot yet or a video preview already:(
  3. CrimsonDaemon

I didn't know they already had Esamir with lattice on the test server yet. Not entirely surprised that its nearing completion, either. I suppose with them getting everything ready for lattice, they also are looking at how Hossin will fit into things they have planned like continent locking and warpgate links. Although, Im with you, I would like to see more Hossin. Though with everything on the roadmap being moved to "some time and place in the ether", its hard to know whether its reasonable or not to demand to see what they have been up to.
  4. Stew360

Yes

[IMG]
  5. RealRook

They moved a lot of people to remake Indar (last ~2 months) which slowed down hossin a lot. Now they are making light changes to Esamir. Last i heard hossin is planned to be released around august. The whole Hossin battleflow and bases will be designed with lattice in mind which will be pretty cool if you ask me. It is actually possible that they will release hossin and the lava continent at the same time but i wouldnt bet on that
  6. Captain Kid

Is this you first SOE game?

SOE does not believe in creating hype by showing of screenshots and other news.
    They don't want to be mentioned on gaming websites.

They keep everything secret and then are surprised no one plays their games.
  7. Bindlestiff

Yet here we all are, playing Planetside 2. Who'd have thought?
  8. Zenanii

Why build hype around something if you have no idea when it will come out? If there is still 2 more months before Hossin is finished I see no reason to throw out teasers already.
  9. lootandshoot

Where is Stew360 translator? :eek:
  10. FailasaurusRex

Is stew360 a Gungan from Naboo?
  11. Cl1mh4224rd

They've changed nothing on Esamir. The facility connections on Esamir are exactly the same. The map just now displays those connections.
  12. DreamlessLiberty

Is the lattice on Esamir supposed to be a puzzle map where you find the one broken connection? I thought the lattice was going to lead to warfare with direction and big armies and nullification of ESFs and introduction of new bombers but that map looks pretty much the same.
  13. Haterade

What is this. I don't even.

Hossin is being reworked as they learn more about problems they're having with battle flow. Further, we already have a problem with population density and battle flow on the three continents we have. It'd be moronic to release another continent if currently you can't consistently find large fights on the three released continents. A fourth continent will exacerbate the problems Planetside is currently having.
  14. Cl1mh4224rd

That's because it is exactly the same. They've done nothing with Esamir yet.
  15. Stew360 Translator

I personally would like to know if the work on the pending lattice system was simply an excuse to delay working on the new continent of Hossin. Whilst I agree that this game needs improvements in regards towards the flow of battle, I would like to know why we haven’t seen any progress being made on the continent of Hossen.

Hossin was originally planned to be released in May, yet we haven’t seen any evidence of progressing being made on the making of this continent. I would really like to see some pictures or a video of this continent that they are supposedly working on.

(Translators note: I'm not sure why this quote turned out weird)

According to what the developers have previously stated what you have said may be true. However, the lattice system has already been implemented on Esami on the test server, the implementation of the lattice system may not be as time consuming as you would think. Although I feel that Hossin will need to be tested more than Indar and Esamir as Hossin will also contain the new interlink facility, on which there is little information about.

This is the main reason why I don't understand the why we haven't seen any pictures or videos of the new continent Hossin.
    • Up x 1
  16. Total_Overkill

Lost in Translation...

... but your work is appreciated good sir! Now if only Stews dominatrix mistress would get here and put a ball in his mouth for awhile.
  17. Stew360 Translator

This is what my thread is referring to. This change took place fairly recently, which would indicate that work has been done on Hossin, yet they have not given us any new information. I would like to know if they began working on the lattice system to give us a reason why we haven't received any new information relating to Hossin.

Perhaps they only have one map designer, that switched focus from working on Hossin to working on improving Indar for the upcoming addition of the lattice system. However, I doubt that Tramell Isaac would be working on the improvements to Indar, I'm sure that Tramell Isaac would be working on Hossin or the new Interlink facility.

What I would like to see is new information such as pictures or videos of Hossin and the Interlink facility. The developers should have some work done on Hossin, such as environmental details, I just don't know why we haven't seen it. Perhaps it is due to marketing reasons or to build hype, either way I just really want to see Hossin already, I have been waiting patiently for a long time.

Personally I have been playing on the test server a lot, I know just about everything that happens and gets implemented on the test server.

Firstly Tramell Isaac is a senior art director; he doesn’t focus on map design. Rather he makes artwork, such as conceptual art of what Hossin will look like. Perhaps He isn’t done completing his conceptual work yet. I very much doubt that Tramell Isaac has been involved in the recent changes to the layout of bases and outposts on Indar, as no conceptual or any form of artwork was needed to do these changes. The recent changes to Indar were most likely done by a map designer, not a senior art director. I believe that a map designer’s work is relatable to building things with Lego, although I could be wrong.

Anyway, I am still curious as to why the developers haven’t shown any new information about Hossin. Also I would like to note that currently on the test servers there is a ‘warp to Hossin’ option, this has made me even more curious as to why we haven’t seen any new information about Hossin.

Searhus could be made very well, hopefully the aim to reproduce the orrignial whilst also improving it.
    (Translators note: My apologies, I missed theseone and I am not longer able to edit my post.)
    • Up x 1
  18. siiix

its not an excuse to delay, just think about it IF the lattice system works out, then they would have to redesign not only 3 but 4 continents, so of course they did not create unnecessary additional work for them self... i would do the same thing

with that said a new hints or teasers would be nice :)
  19. Czuuk

Because they're planning a massive publicity blitz when they reveal the first new continent?
  20. Pikachu

Amerish and Esamir getting changes? [IMG]

Higby said it's going to take 2 or 3 more months before Hossin is done.

Epic when when there is just about enough people on all continents and they are going to be diluted on 2 more. :L