The TR and Alerts on Waterson Server

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OminousZ, May 17, 2013.

1. OminousZ

has already gotten out of control. The TR on the Waterson server, for the most part of the day, except for maybe 1-2 hour window, has an increase of population...hence winning every single alert for weeks now. Both the VS and NC are suffering from this. The NC and VS have won a couple of times, but the unbalance of population of TR is becoming unenjoyable. No matter what is done or attempted, it's nearly impossible to win because there's always a 10-15% more population with the TR. Clan mates and myself have already transferred to other games because it's a lose-lose situation. Of course, i can forget the alerts and play on another continents however, it doesn't seem to matter much because the TR still has more population. If the NC or VS don't take a continent within that 2 hour window, the rest of the day is lost. This is a shame because this is such a great game. It's important that SOE balances this out because the TR are winning soooo many certs. that it will enable them to become very strong and unbalance the whole game. If anyone from the TR disagrees...please create another character on the NC or VS and play on the same server, then you'll understand.
    • Up x 1
  2. metrotw

Welcome to Mattherson before the warpgate rotation except change the TR for NC.
    • Up x 1
  3. OminousZ

What's happening there? The same with the TR?
  4. metrotw

Nope it was the NC dominating nearly every alert until the warp gates rotated...now things have almost evened out again pop wise.
  5. Ghosy01

you cant force people do change factions/play other factions
  6. OminousZ

Well, that's good then. Glad things evened out. Should always be fair across the board
  7. OminousZ

You're miss understanding...I mean, if you had a question about what i was saying, try joining another faction on Waterson so you can see what's happening.
  8. Haterade

I play TR on Waterson and most of the time it's a good battle to the very end of alerts. We rarely roflstomp other factions during alerts, and I generally see a population balance on the alert continent.

Server population =/= continent population. There's generally one continent where there's general faction parity or (gasp) TR is underpopulated.
  9. OminousZ

I'm sorry...but you are incorrect. There is ALWAYS a 10-15% population difference with the TR, especially on Alerts. Again, join another faction...and you'll see what I'm talking about.
  10. Haterade

Because there's no way I can see population numbers when I'm on the map figuring out what my squad's next objective is, amirite?

I don't have to play other factions to understand data. In the majority of alerts I play, there is +/- 5% parity between the factions. It may be unbalanced at the beginning of an alert, but it generally evens out.
  11. PhilDun

"In the majority of alerts I play . . ." Do you only play during primetime? Because during the AM, the TR indisputably dominate. They usually have 45-60% of the population during the mornings.
  12. vrcarnage

Yea in the morning its bad. As far as alerts go well... I don't care to much for them because I get tons of exp killing the flood of people during the event so the small exp you get for winning it does not bother me.

I noticed a whole lot of low br tr characters last night. At one point I thought I ran into and entire squad that had converted because every tr I killed in a 30 min spawn was from 1-10.

Faction hopping is an issue and people jumping factions because times got hard is also an issue. I have played VS since day one. During the Alpha / Beta I played all 3 for testing purposes.

Eventually they will have to do something about it or it could potentially be detrimental to the game. At the moment though w/ the hours I play we hold are own vs the other two factions so its not an issue for me.
  13. ReconTeemo

There are too many people hopping factions during alerts. When they see one faction is dominating, they would switch to that faction. I'm pretty sure, prime time NC have more pop than TR, sometimes even. It's the VS that have the lowest pop, and they have the right to complain and they do need more people to join their faction. But NC? lawl...

ps. the NC likes to lick VS shoes every early morning. Keep saving them NC.
  14. vrcarnage

This use to be the case but as of the last couple weeks (vs capturing indar) this has not been the case. On the 2 alerts I was on last night the vs had 17% vs what ever the TR NC had.

Of course that has nothing to do w/ TR since the VS chose to defend indar instead of doing the event.

On the other hand the VS can't really do the events if they want to keep a cont lock. TR has enough pop during prime time to push on multiple conts the VS only has the pop to hold one and put a few stragglers on another.

Either way atm I am not bothered by it because it makes for a truck load of certs.
    • Up x 1
  15. Invako

That WAS the case less than a week ago. This past week, however, the VS has really stepped up their game, and the NC honestly rarely had any pop problems verses the TR. Honestly you've both adopted this bizarre strategy, where instead of even trying to fight the alert, you both try to grab continents where the alert isn't taking place instead. Sometimes you even succeed. You'll need to rally more of your faction to participate in an alert if you want better results, you had honest numbers in many of those alerts, you guys just didn't show up.
    • Up x 2
  16. Haterade

Yeah, let's QQ moar about morning hours on a US server. Go play on a European server if you want balanced populations during US morning hours.
  17. Zakuak

This guy is talking about AM server hours for sure. The evenings on Waterson are more balanced with VS on the low side.

I can imagine it's frustrating but it's a hard one to tackle.
  18. PhilDun

Oh, I see. Because it doesn't affect you personally, it's not a problem.
    • Up x 1
  19. Slaidd

Same exact thing's been happening the last few weeks on Connery.
  20. KuramaBingyi

As Waterson TR, most of the alerts I've been a part of during the day has had a heavy NC presence and were almost always won by NC towards the end of the alerts.