Moments of sheer joy in the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Teegeeack, May 15, 2013.

1. USD

Killing ESF by letting them ram my liberator.
    • Up x 1
  2. GSZenith

Killing anyone in the AIR even friendly by "mistake"

sorry you looked like a mossi lolpodding :(
    -to friendly lolpodding reaver hit by AP vanguard.

droppod onto esf.
    -sorry was afk

edit: cya in a week after ban from flyboy mod.
  3. applepienation

Killing 4 NC including an almost-full health MAX before my shields have started to regenerate as a medic.
    Felt like such a badass. I love C4.
  4. FPSnoob

Dumb fire rockets hitting ESFs
    Hardest thing for me, I can never judge the speed and bullet drop correctly
    But when the sun and moon aligns...

PURE.JOY
  5. Flavo

When your deployed prowler lands two consecutive shells on a speeding ESF.
  6. Kupcake

Yeah. I've actually killed friendly scythes through genuine accidents. My aim isn't terrible. I've killed more ESF's using the mag's main gun than I've had ESF's kill me.

But current dogfights tend to be tightly grouped cluster****s. I've had situations where I've literally had scythes fly in front of rounds that would kill enemy ESF's. Off the top of my head, it has happened at least three times. And I'm packing Mag AP, so that's an instant kill.

My greatest recent moment of joy was a near suicidal rush against the main sundy of an enemy zerg. It was behind some serious cover on the road up to Crossroads Watchtower. Enemy air couldn't really hit it for much, and in addition to the zerg streaming from it, it was being guarded by about a dozen infantry in close proximity and a Vanguard next to it, so our tanks were pushed pretty far back.

I was running AP-Saron mag with front armor and smoke 4. I did some insane hill climbing, flanked from an angle nobody expected, and started pounding the sundy. But the slope was too steep to stay on it. I eventually was forced to plow straight in to finish the job at muzzle range. I dropped the Van pretty quickly, then I went for the Sundy. We got it down in pretty short order. But we were getting pounded ourselves all the while. Mission accomplished, but when the Sundy finally popped, our mag was deep in the red, critical damage siren wailing. Got one or two infantry kils, then died a second later from the angry hornet's nest swarming us.
  7. McJackson

Most of the times I use the Phoenix. :) Like this moment yesterday I happened to record:

8. huller

among others: roadkilling with ESF, who needs lolpods?
  9. Cougarbrit

Ah, so that's the phoenix exploit then.
  10. lilleAllan

3 shotting an ESF with the halberd from a harasser.
  11. RoMoronik666

2 great ram kills

Playing as a TR sunderer. Driving along the north of Indar and an enemy tank comes out of nowhere. Death is certain so in a moment of madness I ram the tank.
    Tank explodes! Joy!!

Again, playing as a TR sunderer.... being chased by an NC rocket pod ESF. I manage to evade by driving under treees, zig zagging, but my armour is close to zero. Finally I round a corner and I'm on a plain with no cover whatsoever. This is it. Theres nowhere to go, nowhere to hide. I park the sunderer and look up at my killer. He knows he's won and hovers in front of me and sends me a message, saying he enjoyed the chase.

Just then a Scythe rams into him from the side and destroys him.

Joy!!
  12. McJackson

I don't know if it can be classified as an exploit, it happens (for me at least) only when the server is laggy.
  13. NovaAustralis

Did.. did you... did you just SHOTGUN a Scythe out of the sky???
    ;)
  14. Technologist

Dogfighting and right before the enemy plane explodes he ejects and before he can exit PS2 (won't count as a death) shooting him in the air while falling.

Killed the same K/D lamer twice in an hour doing this.
  15. StormHawk

Dogfighting with a Scythe, almost fly into an ammunition tower, do a sharp turn to the side, boom goes the Scythe.

Tailing a Mossie, he tries to dodge my lock on around a mountain and crashes into it instead.

Scythe blows up my plane on the ground, starts trying to kill me, I shoot it with my rifle, it wings a base building and explodes.

I love making my enemies crash into things XD
  16. Bankrotas

Killing Daddy.
  17. Morti

Killing people with their own C4/prox/tank mines.

Had a extremely hilarious moment where I dropped on a bunch of people and thought I had prox mines set, and instead dropped tank mines. As I tossed the last mine, literally as it just left my hands and was falling to the floor.. an enemy HA shot it and blew up 6 people.

no XP but still pretty funny for me at the time.

I also get giddy every time I solo a TR max with concussion/Jackhammer/shrike combo.
  18. 660/12

5) Suicidal rush as a MAX and racking up 5x kills in about 10 seconds.

4) Each and every Mossie I kill is sweet (I hate those damn things! --> props to mossie pilots more skilled than I)

3) Holding off 3x our numbers of NC last night on an Esamir tower fight.

2) Capping a continent when I was a Platoon Leader was pretty sweet.

1) Getting headshots w/Eidolon on enemy infils who assume they are safe from a "dumb HA" because of range.
  19. NovaAustralis

For me, because I get it happening so rarely, is when I pull off the:
    "strap 2 C4 bricks to the front of a Flash and drive it towards an enemy Sundy (usually while being shot at), bail just in time to press the trigger and watch the whole lot go up a magnificent explosion and reap 1000s of XPs!"
  20. Captain Kid

Stumbling on a decloaked sniper crouched with his back towards me.
    Then proceeding to very slowly aim and execute him with two head shots.

I hate snipers. In any game.