VS on miller are pathetic

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sindz, May 15, 2013.

1. sindz

Its incredible. Every single alert, VS keep going for NC and let TR dominate every last alert ever. Its so tiresome, WTB server merger so miller can finally see some good VS outfits that dont get caught up on a supid tech plant for 2 hours and end up with <20% territory.

No wonder TR has so many 4th faction players, NC and VS only fight each other while TR ends with 60%+.
  2. NyaR

VS are pathetic

FTFY
  3. ValorousBob

All the TVA people were fighting TR, I kept asking who was attacking Tawrich and got no responses. As far as I can tell, it was just a massive zerg.
  4. Rhagnor

I think most of the organised people are cursing at the platoons at Cross Roads or some distant biolabs too. We actually do coordinate stuff, but there is only so much you can do when you're outnumbered and the other half of the VS pop doing silly things like mentioned.

And yes it is frustrating, but not much you can do at the moment.
  5. S1eB

VS seems to have lost it's way on Miller, people are just all over the place lately doing nothing.

Earlier we were at Zurvan defending and about 30 people were just standing around doing nothing whilst NC were taking out the generators. A few other times when we were attacking a base, we had loads of people in tanks around the bases and people sitting around farming kills but hardly anyone was going for the generators or capture points.

To many people are only bothered about making easy XP instead of playing the game. :(
  6. Kronic

I don't think so at all. Miller VS have always been good. You can't do much when you're underpop'd really.
  7. sindz

Werent underpop'ed this alert, actually think we had 1% more than TR. NC were the underdogs this time.
  8. Ravenorth

There´s been some really good alerts when VS started with the slowest region control while TR had like 50% continent. In the end we managed to win with just 1-8% difference. It all depends how well all major VS outfits gets those random zerglings follow their lead and attack against right regions.
  9. Tenhi

The problem is that we get out peak region control too early. 40min before the alert ends we had 40%+ control.

Also looking at the side where TVA fought (around Cora Med and Indar Excavation) we had at least 6 TR platoons (2 regions with platoons, 1 with platoon, 1 with squads and multiple enemies/squad). At the end they just zerged us at Indar Excavation.

Oh and did SOE un-ban some of the cheaters? Noticed some old names that were gone for a long time because they were quite obviously cheating.
  10. Stanis

Let me see tonight there were at least 3 coordinating platoons that are part of The Vanu Accord.
    One of those was a full platoon dedicated to Armour for most of the alert as we were experimenting.

We peaked on about 40% territory with just under 40mins to go. Then had both the TR and NC hitting our fronts.
    At the end we were just behind TR % population and were facing a TR push with a lot of momentum in the northwest that hammered across a 4 hex front.

I think people expect some form of outright victory. The alerts create some really fun and exciting conflict.

How many times during prime time have you seen a faction take and hold 60%+ territory or win by capping a continent?
    Victory is usually achieved at 40% territory control. That's close. That's a damn good fight!

Finally if you look at every TR warpgate position you will see VS and NC are closer on every continent.
    That means we will soon run into each other - and keep pressing against each other.

Blame the devs for giving us continents with 3 factions and 3 spawns. Can't break the three way clusterf@!#
  11. Shinrah

I´ve been online for plenty VS wins, so it´s not like VS always loses. It´s definately not the lack of good outfits, Miller VS has enough good outfits and the TVA usually coordinates amongst each other, but theres plenty of outfits outside the TVA and even more small outfits and solo players. Sometimes those people listen when /orders are posted, sometimes they don´t. Sometimes it doesn´t matter sometimes it does.
    You can´t always win, it´s not like TR and NC only have scrubs and bad outfits. They have just as many good and bad players as we do. VS often does have the lowest pop, it´s usually not a problem on Indar, but on Amerish or Esamir we often don´t manage to poplock the continent making it infinitely harder to win.

Also, if you think VS sucks so hard please join TR or NC and leave us alone. Threads like this don´t help anyone, afaik they cause harm. New players reading this, or players who consider to join Miller sure as hell wont join VS with a payload of threads like this floating about the boards. Our biggest problem is having 25% pop during primetime, you are definately not helping with that!
  12. Stanis

Out of interest you are BR63 fairly active yet not in an outfit ..yet you say VS have lost their way?

There are many outfits. Some large, some small. They have different goals and styles of play.
    Virtually all of them are happy to get new members.

One of them will suit your playstyle and hopefully participate in /leader chat with their squads.
  13. Simferion

I have been in 2 alerts so far. Both on Esamir (the continent I hate). In both the NC won the alert with less population. VS didn't go against NC and focused against TR. TR was last in both of the alerts.

This is the "focused enemy" syndrome. In all the servers each faction chooses a favoured enemy and go against it while forgetting the other.

Guys, this game should be a Mexican Standoff!!!
  14. Kronic

Nah by the end we outpop'd both factions by a bit.
  15. S1eB

I was just speaking in general, i'm sure the outfits do a good job. Maybe I was just lumbered with zergers who weren't bothered about PTFOing. For the most part though VS on Miller kicks ***, we are usually underpopulated yet we do a good job of kicking NC and TR butt for the most part.

I have thought about joining an outfit, but to be honest at the moment I don't want to commit to one. In a few months time I more than likely will though.
  16. Pikachu

Vanu dominates on Cobalt alerts. :L Later they seem to dominate Esamir all the time. Take vanu biolabs is mostly futile. Even if you have captured it to 67% they will come back and destroy all the attackers.
  17. Edgewalkr

VS on Miller are hardly pathetic, due to the pretty even population balance during prime time on Miller alerts generally break down into 3 phases that I've noticed from the alerts I've run as a lone wolf and in a platoon:

Phase 1: 0:00-1:00 - All factions farming XP and jockeying for positions on the map, trying to push their lines as far as possible
    Phase 2: 1:00-1:40ish - The 2 factions with the lowest territory start pushing the faction that has the most (in tonight's case at the 1 hour mark VS had about 40% territory so both TR and NC focused on you)
    Phase 3: 1:40-2:00 - All factions start their final land grab on territories they can flip quickly (leading to some epic final minute caps taking the lead)

Now what is pathetic is whats happening with the NC right now, once again the TR are trying to cancel your Indar lock, we have groups deep behind lines working to liberate NC territory from the VS (we have no adjacentcy to our main territory so it's not providing us any benefit) so they can focus their front line without having to deal with VS behind them or TR getting in their way. What do the NC do, focus their attacks on the TR of course, and start pushing the northern territory. I want to believe that it's just the zerg driving these northern attacks but given how often I've seen this happen I'm starting to think you just want to show how "rebellious" you are.
  18. IronWarrior

Sums up what I think of the VS and NC on Miller.
  19. IamDH

Let me fix that sentence
    VS on miller are pathetic