Win 7 64bit outofmemory.txt ?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by AstroCat, May 9, 2013.

1. AstroCat

I get the outofmemory.txt file when I CTD, I have 64bit Win 7 and 8GB. I've run several memory tests, and I get zero errors. Any hints to why I have this issue. Prior to GU7-4/24 hot fix I did not have this issue. I've tried 2 different graphics cards, Titan and GTX680 and both have the issue.
  2. LibertyRevolution

You are getting outofmemory.txt with a 2GB graphic card!?
    What settings are you running?
  3. AstroCat

Just "normal" High settings. This happens on 2 different systems with 2 different cards, 680 and a Titan. I've run both systems through tons of stress tests, integrity scans, etc... All ok and good. Only PS2 crashes.
  4. DashTech

Monitor your memory usage for your system RAM and VRAM. If it's your system RAM identify what process has the memory leak and go from there.
  5. tigerchips

Make sure you have virtual memory paging file turned on and that it has enough space.
  6. AstroCat

Page file is system controlled so it's around 8GB, so plenty big there. I've tried monitoring my system memory and can't find anything wrong, plus I've tested it several times on both systems, and it's error free.
  7. AstroCat

And just so you know some of what I've already done.

I've run Memtest86 (latest version) and Windows Memory Diagnostic on both systems and no errors. I've also run them multiple times, and passes, all good, no errors.

I've also run Prime95 for several hours, both systems, no errors.
    I've also run 3dMark 11, mulitple times, no Errors.
    Metro 2033 benchmark, 10 passes, everything on. No errors.
    Furmark for an hour. Multiple times. No errors.
    EVGA OC Scanner X for over an hour. Multiple times. No errors.

I've used every diagnostics, stress and tool I know. No errors.
    Other games, no errors!

I've tried different drivers. No difference. I've tried messing around with a variety of Win 7 settings. No difference.
    I've made sure all firmware and drivers on everything are up to date. No difference.

This is for both systems. I've also switch cards in both systems and done all the above tests, and again no errors!

I've even called EVGA tech and talked to them. They also agree, not my systems but the game.

SOE, can I please have a fix now?
    • Up x 1
  8. IceCB

There is a very slow memory leak in the game. After about an hr or so my ram usage goes from 4.1gigs to 5.3 gigs of ram used. And then my frames will go down slowly over that time. If i ALT+Tab it helps some. Once Alt+tabs stops helping I always have to restart the game or it will crash at about the 2 hr mark or so.
  9. LibertyRevolution

Hate to necro this thread but I was wondering if you are running ps2 as admin or not?
    I was having some issues on my other computer and checking the box for run as admin I have not had the outofmemory.txt return.
    Then again that system is 1GB video card and 4GB of ram on windows 7 32-bit.

Right click icon/properties/compatabilty tab, check box is on the bottom.
  10. AstroCat

Nope that's not it. It's been crashing over and over again for me in this one area of Amerish. Frames drop from 60gpu to 5-10cpu and then it hangs and crashes. I'm getting the outofmemory.txt with this particular crash. I'm monitoring my GPU usage and it's not anywhere near stressed. Again this game has crash bugs all over the place! It was never like this for me before GU7-4/24 patch, ever since it's been absolutely unstable.
  11. LibertyRevolution

Do you have PhysX disabled? I got random crashes with it on, so I have it turned off now.
    I have 6 hour session times on my AMD x6, 8GB, with GTX570, Shadows and physX disabled, Ultra textures, everything else on high.
  12. AstroCat

Yeah it crashes with PhysX on or off, although the memory type of crash happens more with it on. The random CTD, doesn't matter what settings I have at all.
    • Up x 2
  13. Jenocyber

AstroCat is right ever since GU7 hotfix random CTD happens constantly, for me it happens at least 3 times per hour and it still happens now with GU8. I've been playing this game since closed beta and have never crashed up until GU7 hotfix was released.

I am also running Win7 64-bit on 16gig ram and get the outofmemory.txt.

So whatever was done it that patch has seriously caused a major problem.
    • Up x 1
  14. Resignation

I agree...though the question is IF and WHEN they will bother to fix it. Apparently they're too busy doing things like http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Game_Update_12_(2013/07/10) when this issue has been going on for MONTHS! MONTHS, Sony! MONTHS! And you want me to get a membership and buy station cash cards? You guys have got to be out of your minds if you think that's going to happen. I can't go more than an hour or two without a meaningless crash, much less a day. Why spend money on an unstable game?
  15. Agorash

Anyone found a solution to this? I have the exact problem and I tried to solve it with SOE support but I feel they are more lost than me. I tried everything I know and everything they recommended me. I was playing through Steam, now I'm playing from a clean install with SOE client. I tried many configurations of pagefile without results and taking care of free space on my SSD. I tried different drivers with same result. I'm playing without Aero and as Administrator, still crashing. My process list ultraclean because I removed some services and programs that were starting on boot. I have 16Gb of physical memory with a current pagefile of 16Gb too, in auto, but still crashing. I sent to SOE support 4 DxDiag, 5 MsInfo and 5 outofmemory.txt in 2 differen tickets (near 40Mb of data attached) and I have no solution.

If anyone have a fix or workaround I'm very, very interested.
  16. Arlo

What's your system information? If you've got an AMD FX processor first install this:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2646060
    and then

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2645594

This may not work if you've previously used Unpark CPU-App or parkcontrol64.

It got my system to 'behave' a little bit.

When you are selecting a new respawn, try always selecting the nearest spawn in the territory you are currently fighting in. I've noticed that spawning somewhere far away causes the cpu to trip over itself and crash. After the last 2 windows hotfixes I've noticed that in some cases I'll see more loading screens for a half second longer, as if the processor/ram were actually taking their time.
  17. noobindo

File named out of memory, but in fact it bad memory management. Sometime before crash I see visual artifacts. Some inscriptions change colors for example. When I open map I see strange polygons over it. And so on.
    It looks like one memory fragment overwrite another. So process memory is corrupted and process crash. But there is only one name for error log file - outofmemory. So you think you out of memory, although in reality the process is simply use memory wrong way.
  18. Agorash

Hi Arlo, and thanks for your interest.
    My system specs are these:
    Win7 64 Professional, Intel Core i7-3820, 16GB RAM, GForce GTX 680, sound card integrated.
    I had unparked CPU a couple of days ago, but this crash happened before, I did unparking looking for performance.. but it seems to not changed nothing. My crashes happened while loading map, respawning or like this morning, just playing or doing nothing.
    I really don't know what to do now.
  19. noobindo

20. Agorash

Can you explain it more? Why this will help me? Current version of the client is crashing and SOE knows about it but don't know how to help me, or at least is what the show to me.