T5 AMC

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by HarvestCheddar, May 10, 2013.

1. HarvestCheddar

Hello folks,

I was wondering what impressions you guys had on the T5 AMC for longer range combat vs. the Trac 5 or the Trac 5 S w/ Compensator, foregrip, and HVA?

Does it perform better than the alternatives now that the T5 has been buffed?

Also, worth the 250 certs compared to a Trac 5 S?

Thanks!
  2. Farlion

Don't use the TRAC-5 at long range. It's utterly horrible at it.

Never used the T5 AMC, but I heard that with compensator+ advanced foregrip and 3.4 sight it's quite nice at long range battles.

As for the TRAC-5S, no idea at all how it performs for LA. Ever since I got Auraxium on it with my Engineer, I lost all interest in using it for LA.
  3. vaxx

Actually, the Trac-5 is fine at long range. I do well 100m out even. Since the GU08 I find it better for all around. Good at CQC, Med, and Long ranges. Cheap to cert, and reliable.

I used the T5 AMC briefly. I got all the attachments, Compensator, Adv Forward Grip, 3.4 scope, HVA, and even after the GU08 its still just "ok". It needs a RoF decrease, and a damage increase, IMO.

To be honest, the Trac-5 S with Grip, Compensator, and HVA, does a better job at long range than the T5 AMC. Not only that, but you can use it more situations. Change some attachments to utilize smoke, nades, or use the long range stuff. Very versatile.
  4. Llaf

T5 AMC is excellent at mid to long range by carbine standards. I use it regularly on my LA with 1x reflex, Adv Foregrip, Compensator and HV ammo. The 1x is for control purposes, the recoil effect is easier to control the further zoomed out you are, I've tried using a 4x and a 3.4x, but I've found I can always put more bullets on target with 1x reflex because it's just much simpler to control recoil, and the T5 AMC hardly has any fully certed anyway, its practically a laser beam.

EDIT: Oh yea, definitely worth 250 certs versus TRAC-5 S, that carbine on its own is terrible and everyone knows it, people only use it for the grenade launcher.
  5. FnkyTwn

The UBGL (Under Barrel Grenade Launcher) is amazing and well worth
    putting up with the weapon it's attached to. I got the T5-AMC along with
    the Alpha Squad pack and of all the guns I got across all the factions,
    the T5-AMC is the least useful. NC got the AC-X11 and VS got the
    Pulsar C.. both of which are solid performers in the right situation, but
    the T5-AMC just doesn't have anything that makes you happy to fire it.

Go with the TRAC-5 S for the UBGL, or the Jaguar/Lynx for reliability.
    Trial it in VR if you have questions. There are just better options for
    CQC and Medium range, and you might as well be happy with what
    you're buying, and not just buy something you'll probably regret.
  6. vaxx

Totally disagree. Trac-5 S is awesome. UBGL is good, sure. But the smoke is nice too. Also, as I said above, Compensator and Forward grip make it great at long range, with a higher RoF than T5-AMC. Even switching it to burst fire at long range makes it very controllable.

Would rather spend certs/SC on the S over the T5.
  7. HarvestCheddar

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

I think I'm going to stick with my Trac 5 S for now, considering I've already certed it out. Appreciate the advice nonetheless!

--
    Cheddar
  8. commandoFi

If you get the T5 AMC you will get a lot of assists due to the good handling but low damage.
  9. repairtool6

Post GU8.
    T5 AMC - undisputed best med/long carbine in game
    (still pretty bad up close, thankfully)

Its simply extremely consistent.
    Learn it, and it will never once surprise you. I mean that in a good way
  10. Tyzh

I purchased the AMC on a whim and have been using it with advanced grip/compensator/6x scope. It is... kind of wonderful. It's really fun to use. It may not have the fire rate of the other carbines, but it's so easy to aim and control that I find I'm get a lot more headshots and/or just getting more rounds on target.
  11. redshirt

I also quite like the T5 AMC with adv forward grip, compensator, HV ammo and a x2 sight. And is quite capable of putting longer bursts on target at greater ranges. It's hip even with a compensator isn't great but its not woeful either.

A few of my outfit mates also swap out the compensator for a silencer.
  12. metrotw

t5amc is the weapon you want if you are looking for a support weapon as an engie or if you are one of those LA who likes to get up in a tree or building 75 meters from a fight and plink at targets.