ES Tank secondary/Harasser primary weapon choices: TR wins again.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tar, May 11, 2013.

1. Fenrisk

The halbert reloads after every shot. If you cert into reducing its reload its the same as increasing its rate of fire.

Yes, i said the Vulcan's better against infantry but i would not bank on using it against esf's. The limited aiming arc, buggy bounce and velocity isn't that great. Unless the esf is hovering close to the ground near you it's not something id use on esf''s.
    • Up x 1
  2. WUNDER8AR

lol. it's decent vs stupid pilots, though. no doubt about that
  3. felfox

Hold on a second, I could be wrong but I thought the vulcan counted as 'gattling' damage along with the liberator's shredder. Don't the gattling weapons do more damage against tank armour sorta like AP cannon rounds? Feel free to correct me as that would definitely make a difference but I swore it counted as AP essentially.
  4. Fenrisk

Halbert = Shotgun
    Vulcan = SMG

Least that's the way it feels in terms of TTK against tanks.

If you have good gunner then you can use the halbert as a hit and run tool keeping your harnesser alive longer. The Vulcan requires you to stick around to get the desired damage but more use friendly as you can spray it. It's spray and pray up against a accurate front loaded cannon.
  5. WalrusJones

The Shredder, and Tank buster were given an entirely new damage type.
  6. felfox

That's actually a pretty solid analogy. It really is the ease of use on a harasser that most people, including myself, are afraid of. The bouncing and speed running really works well with a gun that can spray and still hit compared to a gun that gets one shot to do the same thing. It's also a bit of jealousy at least on my part :p I'd love a weapon that rewards hit and run and can do it well! I don't want to see the vulcan nerfed and I'd love to see everyone have something similar (though somehow still faction special) on the harasser since it would be so fun!
    • Up x 1
  7. felfox

But not the vulcan? Darn I think you're right... I forgot about the tank buster. Hrmm well that sucks... The vulcan should count as those too really.
    • Up x 1
  8. Shockwave44

Yup.
  9. FIN Faravid

Funny, every TR player thinks SOE hates them.
    • Up x 3
  10. WalrusJones

You LIKED me one magging magriders?
  11. Llaf

Thats kinda what I was thinking... an extremely mobile AV turret, except it's visible.
  12. felfox

Lol! You had to get in close to do it and on a prowler that's usually pretty hard. I really don't care how powerful something is (within reason of course heh) so long as it's fun! Now I don't like being on the receaving end so much but I do like gameplay options and people should be rewarded for doing crazy things that work! If someone does manage to flank me with a prowler and get right up next to me and blow me apart then I didn't stop them in time or they played a great game of peek a blam! I'm terrified of a harasser having that sort of fire power but I think it should still be an option. (Harasser varient Vulcan would have needed to be toned down a little and vs/nc should get something sorta similar) getting close to a tank, dodging cannon fire and bouncin like crazy, trying to coordinate with your gunner and seeing a heavy tank blow up would be an absolute thrill! Sure you'd probably get sniped a second after but it would be worth it to drive that crazily and pull it off!

Edit: At the end of the day you have to ask yourself what is more fun, playing the exact same thing as everyone else for hours but ultimately winning, or trying crazy different stuff over the course of hours but ultimately losing the objective.

There's no right or wrong and everyone is different :) Some people will freak out over min max details and i do understand the fustration of losing 'because of your gear' but I also like taking risks and setting up styles that may or may not pay of and that to me is more fun personally. You may be different, or a combination of or whatever! I was just trying to say that I think the vulcan is a fun addition to the game no matter how much it sucks to get Magged by it heh...
  13. Blackmar

All well and good except for the fact that parking a Harasser on a hilltop defeats the whole purpose of a Harasser in the first place: "I wanna go fast"

Vulcan undoubtedly meshes the best with the inherent nature of the Harasser; Saron HRB should be avoided like the plague for the Harasser and will only become a viable option when the Thresher makes its appearance, reason being a pinpoint accurate weapon with a firing delay needs a stable platform (read: MagLev chassis) to be able to reliably land shots will in motion.
  14. DonC

You should have ******* played this game 5 months ago, then, newbie.
  15. Tar

I'm not actually talking solely about Harasser balance. I'm talking about the ES turreted weapons in general. TR have 4 alternatives where VS and NC only have 2. This applies to current state already, in before harasser variants, where I simply assume it will be the same sad story.
  16. Tar

I can.
    First, Enforcer and and Saron are not "slightly better", they are more like "slightly tweaked".
    And even if not, the presence or absence of choice is a different matter than a general disbalance (such as one caused by the Striker)
  17. Teegeeack

I did. How long do you intend to keep punishing the VS for our brief period of Magrider glory?
  18. Loegi

Not only are you leaving out a lot of information, this is something that's for the test server. Nothing indicates that they're done already.
  19. Tar

the problem I'm talking about is already present in the game - the only real choice, as in getting something differentm among the ES tank weapons is the Vulcan. Other weps are either NS clones or useless.
    So what I'm sahing is that this is a good time to look at all the EZ tank weps as eell as the Harasser variants, and make them all valid choices.
  20. IamDH

ONWARDS TO NERFSIDE 2
    WHOS COMING ALONG?