Spawn room shield campers finally gone

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nyscha, May 10, 2013.

1. Breidr

So, one more change that's going to make this game an even bigger numbers game than it is now. No point in being in a small outfit, zerg wins. Between "Rush Lanes" and base changes it's all about player count.

Game Play Changes + Population Imbalance = GG

Guess I'll go start leveling my NC in preparation...
  2. Stormlight666

The annoying part is when you're being forced back by a zerg and you're an HA with a lock-on launcher. You can NEVER get engies to come out to drop ammo at a good spot AWAY from base where you can hit the zerg and split their focus. Nor can you get other HA's to come out with you.

Pisses me right off when my 4 lousy rockets aren't enough to take out the increased armor - makes me wish PS1 where I'd have 24. THEN I could get in a good spot and hit the zerg hard enough to split them up.
  3. Alarox

So, a victory for stupidity?

Staying in front of one way shields at an enemy spawn room = stupid.

Do you understand why they stayed there and shot at you? Because you stood there and gave them targets.

All this does is further put defenders at a disadvantage. Enemies at your spawn room because the base design lacks ANY form of defense layers? Redeploy.

Every change is for the zerg.

Forcing everyone to fight instead of bypassing you while you sit at one base with 5 platoons? Lattice.
    Preventing defenders from mounting any kind of counter-attack? Easy campable spawn rooms.
    Giant zergs getting bored capping empty bases because nobody wants to fight 5 platoons? Timers reduced to 2/3/5 minutes.
    • Up x 8
  4. Breidr

I'm not saying this game needs to be like PS1, or that PS1 was perfect, but I feel like they learned nothing from the past...

I'm just going off the wall here, not setting anything in stone as I'm not a game designer and just musing. If you do this, increase the timers a little bit (cut the current ones down by 1/3 rather than 1/2) and bring back underground bases. Give infantry a reason to fight. Right now it feels like vehicles win everything and infantry is farming fodder and only useful flipping points and gens in WIDE OPEN BUILDINGS Go to Compromise generator, get nailed by tanks. I say NO. Make him get out and come fight me! I already had to run across open plowed ground to get here, he had his chance.

But I don't like this idea in the slightest. All it does is further reward numbers and zerging. He who has the most bodies wins, and that's a big problem with this game right now, especially when the zergs avoid each other. Small Outfits have been marginalized.
  5. Revel

I'll be okay with this when the devs admit they screwed up on base design and the SCU and spawn room is at the bottom of the base by the cap point, protected like it should be.
  6. Malsvir Vishe

You had the option to organize a counter attack from a different base. You never HAD to camp from the spawn.
    • Up x 2
  7. Oreo202

Why are you pretending that this will leave no room for small outfits? Seriously, pull 3 sky guards and four AP tanks, an ammo sundy and two repair sundies. Flank the enemy. There, armor and air zergs are wiped out, and infantry have no respawn location nearby.
  8. SilentWindOfDoom

What do you propose? That people return to the warp gate, get in galaxies, drop on the base, take out the enemy sunderers and recapture the sats while the enemy is hemmed inside a base without hard spawns? You're clearly out of your mind.
  9. Malsvir Vishe

I know, right? That's a totally ludicrous idea that would never work at all! :D
  10. ent|ty

How many times do I have to tell people like you who keep suggesting this?

This would be a FLANK maneuver, or a COUNTER-ATTACK maneuver.

DEFENSE is from a fortified position.

Having to leave your base because of no DEFENSE options, so instead you ATTACK from outside your base to DEFEND?

Please get your head examined.
    • Up x 2
  11. Malsvir Vishe

Move to a SATELLITE base in a major one. That is still in the same base and you can continue to defend from there.

Also, you may quit using the ad hominem attacks.
  12. Kallowe

It's rather stupid that the best strategy is to abandon an outpost to an invading force because it's such a death trap.
    • Up x 3
  13. ent|ty

Someone understands.
  14. Malsvir Vishe

This is why they should redesign bases to make them more defensible. I don't think this SCU "fix" was the right idea. They should have fixed the underlying problem of base design before trying this.
  15. Texicon

This sounds like a really stupid change. Some of the best fights have been from the few times an offense is mounted from a surrounded spawn point.

Just leave it the way it is right now....it is fine.
  16. HadesR

Sounds like stupid change because it is one :p

With the current base design even the " improved " bases on the Test Server doesn't make it any less stupid
  17. illgot

When did people trapped in the spawn room ever turn the tide of a battle?

Never. They were in the spawn room for a reason, 100 tanks and ESFs showed up. You can not fight your way out of the spawn room after that, so sitting in there just waiting does nothing.

Of course the base design in this game is crap. It is all about giving the advantage to the attackers and allowing the zergs to win.

The only base which had any real defense was the Crown, and we can now see how devs want us to play. Just zerging each other and trading bases because we know it is impossible to put up a real defense.
  18. Keiichi25

You do realize... This tactic utterly falls apart when you need to be at a small base that actually allows you to SPAWN Lightning/MBTs... Not all locations have Skytowers which are guaranteed 'everything' vehicle types. And you also assume that a 10 man squad has a decent chance against a Platoon+ zerg, which tends to be the size of a normal zerg.

Also, 3 skyguards against 5+ air... You assume like some of the other questionable players, that the Skyguard is god AA, let alone Dual AA Burster maxes, which they are not. 4 AP tanks against also 4+ MBTs, even with HEAT or HE on the enemy tanks, tend to still out do 4 AP tanks in the long run.
  19. Keiichi25

Let's examine this 'logic' you are using...

If a major base, such as a Tech Plant, Biolab or Amp Station is being attacked. Tell me, Malsvir... WHERE ARE THE ENEMY FORCES STRIKING FROM?

Let me clue you in on something here... It isn't JUST FROM SUNDERERS. And it isn't always from ANOTHER BASE.

It's from the SATELLITE BASES NEAR THE MAJOR BASE they are pushing from ALONG WITH THE SUNDERERS.

So... How EXACTLY do you strike from a SATELLITE BASE near the MAJOR BASE AS A DEFENDER... IF THE ENEMY HAS ALL THE SATELLITE BASES NEAR THE MAJOR BASE AND BOMBARDING THE CRAP OUT OF YOU?

It seems... 'Logic' has failed to take this subtle, but very important flaw in consideration when in order to 'strike' from the satellite base near the major one... One has to actually OWN it and be able to get to it to strike from.

Also, in that self-styled attempt to go to the 'next base over'... In many of the Zerg fights I have done JUST that, the next base over also has a few libs or tanks orbiting that base to make sure you CAN'T do that. So the point of 'falling back and attack' also falls woefully on the 'crapper' side of defense.

The point of a fight is to be TWO SIDED. Right now, this is a One-sided fight when a large group is involved and it is usually on the attack.
  20. Jex =TE=

I would give up, this has been said 10,000 times here and people still don't understand what it means...