Stuck at 98% 5/9/2013 after patch

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Shibmiester, May 9, 2013.

1. Shibmiester

My game loads up to 98% instantly then just freezes, when ever i tab out and back in these thick black bars scroll up and down my screen and it wont let me tab back in. Ive tried defragging my game, restarting my PC, and restarting the game itself multiple times. Anyone else experieincing this or have any solutions?
  2. Draekul

I'm getting the same thing. Game starts and instantly loads to 98% then just stays there. Tabbing out and back in just gives me a black screen. Anyone know what's up with this?
  3. Kerepakupai

Same problem for me...

I have not been able to play since yesterday.
  4. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

There are a few different issues which may be causing this problem for you, so you may need to try a few things to get into the game:

1. Please ensure that you have added an exception within your Firewall or Anti-Virus software for planetside2.exe, launchpad.exe, and awesomiumprocess.exe.

The location of these files can vary, but by default they should look like this:

Win7/Vista/Win8

C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.exe
    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.libs\AwesomiumProcess.exe

Windows XP

C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.exe
    C:\Program Files\\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.libs\AwesomiumProcess.exe

PS2 & Anti-Virus Software

2. You may need to clear the cache settings for the launch pad by going to the launchpad.libs folder in your PlanetSide 2 directory and delete the launchpad.cache folder then try accessing the game once again.

3. The launcher may have been corrupted and will need to be repaired before it will work correctly. You can repair the launcher with the launcher set up file from the following link: https://launch.soe.com/installer/PS2_setup.exe
  5. Kerepakupai

It did not serve for me. Continues stuck.

[IMG]
  6. infinite loop

Same issue here, stuck on 96% though. This only happens on one character, I can login and play on any other character just fine. Any other ideas on a fix?
  7. ruin103

Mine gets stuck on any percent, 28%, 29%, currently 48%. I tried the above did not work for me.

How do you change chars from outside the game? is that a different issue? I assume the problem here is not being able to even get to the char screen? At least thats my issue... I cant even load into the game from the launcher since the latest patch
  8. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

Run your Planetside 2 Launchpad and log in, but do not press play. Click on the Advanced Tools icon (looks like a hexagon surrounding a wrench) in the lower left and then choose the option to open game directory. In the window/folder that comes up, locate, make backups of, and delete the following files

PlanetSide2.exe
    ActivityUserData.ini
    LaunchPad-user.ini
    LoadingScreen.xml
    InputProfiles.xml
    SoundSettings.xml
    UserOptions.ini
    vivoxoal.dll
    vivoxsdk.dll

Once these files are deleted, close the Planetside 2 window/folder and go back to the Launchpad > Advanced Tools/Settings menu. Click on the Validate Game Assets menu option and then press the green Validate button to have the Launchpad check your game files, and download any missing or corrupt files.
  9. ruin103

That worked, the game loads for me. It actually found a bunch of errors with the assets while validating...

New problem I have is every text variable on every menu now has ## UI. in front of it

e.g.
    ## UI.Play
    ##UI.CreateCharacter

## UI. You have recieved 12 certs

Update:

I copied the files I backed up to see if that fixed my new UI issue and it didnt but the game still loads. I guess it was my 'corrupted' assets causing the problem to begin with.
  10. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

Try this:

- Exit the game
    - Re-open the PS2 launcher
    - Click the language option located in the very bottom right hand corner area
    - Select a language other than the one you want to use for the game
    - Set it back to what you would like to use within the game

Once you have done the above, log back in and this problem should be resolved. Let me know if it isn't.
  11. ruin103

I tip my hat to you kind sir.

Every thing is working now, cheers :)
  12. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

Fantastic! I'm glad you were able to get your client up and running. See you in the fight! ;)

If your problems persist after the above instructions, please submit a ticket thru our support system so we can take a look and see what's up. Instructions to submit a ticket can be found in my signature.
  13. Kerepakupai

Thank you very much.

[IMG]
  14. infinite loop

This resolved my issue as well. Thanks!
  15. TSR AlexS Customer Service

Nice, double win. Glad Jesse's info was able to help!
  16. Tito

works TSR-Jesse S tx