Spawn room shield campers finally gone

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nyscha, May 10, 2013.

1. Vanudrax

Maybe I'm confused. Seeing how at 50%, the fight will be pretty much over, how does that make the battle last longer? I understand that the defending force can always redeploy and attack from outside, however I rarely see that happen. They simply move to another battle. All I see this doing is shortening battles.
    • Up x 2
  2. The King

Then it'll be near impossible to defend that tiny base.
  3. Vetto

I can't explain why the cap time been pushed down, all I can is the removal of the spawn doors, cause again it no different than it is now, if your scu is down and everyone around your spawn doors you are no longer at the point of pushing out, You have lost there is no coming back from it even the world most massive of pushes is still a killing choke point, your enemy has A lot of cover, and you have a narrow door you must run threw For everyone 1 Push that works at this point there 30 that don't.

But now that the SCU is tied to the cap points, people will stop just fighting in the spawn room and actually push the hell out or risk getting slaughtered massively ones that cap it 50%.
  4. siddar

So you can take out a Bio lab in two minutes flat now.

Two people can now shut down all Amp stations base turrets in three minutes. All tech plant turrets in two minutes by a single player.

Does the fact that offense only has to hold the upper hand for two to three minutes in order to win a fight at a major base. While defense must be maintained 24/7 in order to defend not give Dev's a slight pause to think maybe this isn't a good idea.

Sounds like a really dumb idea to me.

Why don't you just put a one minute capture point at the center of every base that flips control of base as soon the one minute is up.

That basically where your headed with these missguided changes.
    • Up x 3
  5. Morpholine

It's...annoying. Really, it just means at least one Spawnderer has to have some distance from the spawn (or some very clever positioning), when facing NC.

At least at this point; when it was better used against infantry than vehicles, it was OP.
  6. Vetto

It longer do to the fact Cap point will be Priority 1 now instead of getting the SCU up, or the Gens up or the Blank up Actually getting the cap point to ether slow or STOP it from hitting the 50% zone will mean more fighting will happen and people will defend/Attack the points, instead of everyone just capping the point and running off.
  7. Skippytjc

I dont have a problem with people shooting out at me. After all, this is usually when you are about to cap their base and you have already beaten them. Also: If you are stupid enough to be in their line of fire you are an idiot.
    • Up x 1
  8. TheBillOf3D

This is not always true though. You could be sucking up their time until backup arrives. I did this just yesterday. Delayed their ability to cap and kept them there as they wanted to get every last one of us. Then a friendly platoon sweeped in. True I didn't stay in the spawn room but had to use it.
  9. DashRendar

And we both agree that was a welcome change. However, the Phoenix is clumsy as hell to control in flight, extremely slow moving and it even lost its initial speed boost which was nice, and the damage is pitiful, it takes 2 Phoenix rockets to destroy an infantry terminal. Only place the Phoenix shines is the rear end of a Lightning or MBT which it makes short work of because of some unwritten damage multiplier, but against sunderers any other rocket would have proved better due to the faster projectile speed. It's a lot easier and less stressful to pop out, fire rocket, pop back.

I really wish they would make the Phoenix wire guided, it would fix ALL of this. It's just too damn hard to balance a camera guided rocket, which is why it always has to be either OP or UP, same as the Striker. Whine alert: devs have chosen to air the Phoenix on the side of UP, and the Striker on the side of OP. /whine
  10. Vetto

Agreed, But this is something that is actually helping defenders, to many people just stay in the spawn room and pop shot when they could have regrouped and hit another point or come at the attack from a different side, now that at the 50% you will be slaughtered you will have more need to get out or at least move bases.
  11. Vanudrax

So the same fighting that takes place over the SCU, will now take place over the cap. Fine, I get that. Only now you only have 50% of the time to fight over it. Once it flips, the defenders have no place to spawn. Fights over quickly. Yes they could get an AMS out, but again, it rarely happens.

The idea is fine. The reality is many people will simply hide in spawn until 50%, then redeploy. The rest now only have 1/2 the time to enjoy the fight. People aren't going to fight any harder. The people who were rushing out of spawns were already doing their best to fight. Those who hid aren't suddenly going to become super soldiers. They simply have 1/2 the time to farm from inside the shields before moving to a new base. This won't actually fix anything at all, just cut down the amount of time people are actually fighting.
    • Up x 3
  12. Vetto

I can some what agree with your point, But I am also hoping the term "Fire under your feet" will help keep people from just standing in there, putting more stress on the point mean more people will push out before they lose the point, as well as less people will be around the spawn room on mutli point bases cause defenders are needed.

In the end how deep of a impact this will have will only be seen on live.. as no one uses test.
  13. FABIIK

IF they effectively regroup. I think they will disperse...
    • Up x 2
  14. Skippytjc

I hear that. I actually feel sorry for people that use it as a shield to keep from dying at all. If thats the game experience they want to have, let them be pathetic.
  15. Vanudrax

I see what you're saying. you hope this will force spawn room campers to get off their lazy duffs and get out and fight. However I really don't see it working. These are people who are either so protective of their KDR, or simply people who aren't very good at PS2 so they hide. Either way they aren't going to change their playstyle. They are very conservative players. Aggressive rushing and attacking simply isn't their thing. Kicking them out of spawn earlier won't change that.
    • Up x 2
  16. GraphicJ

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  17. ShayeUK

Just get out your Carbine S, grenade the *****
  18. Dis

The reduction time on base caps is a terrible idea. Right now some of the best smaller scale fights are attempted outpost resecures...2 minutes for the small ones? Nobody is going to bother.

This will only make the game more zergy.
    • Up x 3
  19. siddar

It just mean 100 man zergs can run overrun major bases and get there free 500 kills of exp with less resistance.

This isn't going to make caps take 50% less it will make major bases fight be effectively over within two to three minutes. Large bases with SCU will be faster fights then smaller bases with out a SCU. Towers will take Six minutes while Tech Plants and Bio lab fights will be over within two minutes and then require attackers to wait in a empty base another six minutes for capture to complete.

This is rapidly becoming a chicken**** no defense zergling rush game. That is not what I play PS2 for. I finally found a game besides EQ that could hold my interest for more then a few months but these changes are changing game into something not worth playing.
    • Up x 7
  20. Vanudrax

That's basically how I see it. Forget outfits, simply join the zerg. More xp. There won't really be time for tactics or anything. Nothing other than the cap point will matter, so no need to divide your forces. Simply swarm the cap, ignore everything else. Numbers will win everytime. Oh well, guess it doesn't matter. I barely play PS2 anymore anyways, this will simply make me want to play even less.
    • Up x 3