Command Center Flashed NS Crossbow?!?!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Colvault, May 9, 2013.

1. Colvault

Did anyone else notice that during Command Center episode 13, they flashed an NS crossbow?
  2. Cougarbrit

Yeah, though the crossbow was revealed aaaaaagees ago.
  3. Pengalor

[IMG]

Screencap for anyone that wants to see it.
    • Up x 3
  4. MNO

Kinda looks like a spinfuser.
    • Up x 3
  5. SenEvason

That'd be awesome if it was available to all classes(MAX excluded) just to add a bit more variety.
  6. LibertyRevolution

I missed it, did it look like this? :rolleyes:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  7. Puppy

Stop SOE... We have already expressed in in great numbers we don't want these...
    • Up x 8
  8. NDroid

The design itself is fine, quite original really but I still don't see how crossbows fit into the Planetside setting nor what possible role they could fill- their mechanics dictate a slow firing rate but high damage projectile, but we already have sniper and scout rifles that fill all the viable niches of the sort. And hopefully they have the foresight to not make it a OHK to the body long range weapon as the community won't exactly be thrilled about such a thing.

It could be made silent and it naturally doesn't have a muzzle flash but these traits don't seem sufficient for a serious sidegrade.
  9. MNO

They're the new Infiltrator toy. They fire grappling hooks. :D
    • Up x 2
  10. WalrusJones

I am afraid of them becoming the new pump actions...

Hopefully, they are a niche sidearm.
    • Up x 1
  11. Dramma Lamma

Hmm, cool I guess.

Depending on what all they can do.
  12. MarlboroMan-E

Give my LA a medium range OHK silent weapon and the screams of my victims still set these forums on fire.
  13. Neopopulas

Not cool, SOE.. Not cool.
    • Up x 1
  14. Jetlag

Pretty sure this would not be received enthusiastically, the only way they could sell it is if it was ohk and that is the last thing we need.
    What would be acceptable however is replacing the infis dart gun with this, just think it's perfect.
    Dart gun is bugged to hell anyway just scrap it.
    Give the crossbow a range of ammo types.
    Explosive tip
    Radar tip
    Emp tip

This will make infiltrators happy and maybe they will whine less about their bugged cloak.
  15. Pengalor

Not really whining when it's a class-breaking issue that should have been fixed three patches ago...
    • Up x 2
  16. tigz

I think it will be fine. Can't wait to try it out.
  17. Van Dax

This really could only work f it were a one shot kill, and I have a problem with a crossbow being more powerful than a machine gun bullet or SASR.
    though it could be a utility device...
  18. jdono67894

Can we get some rocks to throw at each other as well?
    • Up x 3
  19. Van Dax

ewokside 2
  20. Syphers

I'd pick that over the recon dart for sure