NC AC-X11 carbine

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by simmi1717, May 4, 2013.

1. simmi1717

I have almost 900 certs and LA is my main. I have unlocked a lot of certs for my LA. I have maxed out the JJ, unlocked 3 weapons already and put scopes/attachments to them. I have noticed lately it mostly went to waste with the increasing LA nerf. My score/hour is getting worse after every patch. Now I'm wondering If I should buy the AC-X11 with 1000 certs or just put all those certs into upgrading my HA.

I need to know if AC-X11 can fight against some engis/medics/infils at medium to long ranges assuming I fire first, but they notice me instantly after. So If I hit them with 1 bullet first and we both have the same aim skills. Also how does it perform at shorter distances like 10-20m against LMGs and SMGs? Which has faster TTK am avg. SMGs or ACX-11?
  2. pucwyczes

LA is not long range class, buy shotgun/smg/gd7-f and go cqc.
  3. TheUprising

if you already have your short range options covered, yeah you can buy the ACX, its a mid range fighter, but its so ridiculously situational I wouldn't reccomend it unless you just have certs to spend.

Its good if you are firing stationary at mid ranges and can control the recoil well and you'll probably win duels with it. In any other ranges, it sucks and you start noticing its downsides all the more.
  4. Aresius

It's not the best option you could have (the merc feels like a better all-around weapon), but it's not bad and I find it fun to use. The low magazine size and the low ammo pool is somewhat restricting so you have to conserve ammo a lot. If you get this weapon, try going for the headshots as it rewards them very well.
  5. UberBonisseur

Actually LAs always have the option to shoot from a vantage point which would make a mid-range LA a real threat.
  6. Batisat

I would suggest getting the Razor GD23 if you want a mid range gun, it's time to kill is slightly lower then the merc, but you can get more hits on target so I'd say it's a fair trade
    • Up x 1
  7. Kulantan

Its a Gauss SAW with a 20 round clip and extra damage drop off. Don't use it unless you love the SAW and want to play as a roof sniper.
  8. Epic High Five

If you're going to dump 1000 certs on an LA midrange option, get the Razor. The Razor is absolutely nuts and may be tied for our best gun since the update for compensator/grip. Once you get used to the aim, you can hose down people at 30m with 80%+ accuracy. The X11 is just a "fun" option for later if you've got the certs to blow or cash to spend. If you want a heavy hitting hoss, you really should get the compact S and get the underbarrel grenade launcher.

The true baby SAW is the DMR, as it shares the SAW's damage dropoff. I love love love mine since the update, and the X11 is excellent too, but get the Razor or cert out your HA aka dump a bunch into the SAW because omg the SAW I love the SAW.
    • Up x 1
  9. CanadianAttackBeaver

AC-X11 is a mid-range beast. CQC it's slow rate of fire hinders it, and at range the slow bullet speed, small mag and rate of fire hinder it. But again, at the mid range with its 200 damage, it's fantastic. It's my favourite gun.

The AC-X11 is better with the buffs to reload speed and compensator effects, and so is the Razor.

Just a question, have you considered the Gauss Compact S? It's a sidegrade to the Merc, but the underbarrel grenade launcher is fun.
  10. Word Of Madness

It actually costs 250 certs, so it's a pretty cheap buy if that's what you're after. It's a mid-range weapon rather than a long range one. The low projectile velocity hurts it a lot when trying to hit moving targets over large distances, and carbine's extra damage drop off means you'll be inferior to equivalent LMGs and ARs.

In CQ, the AC-X11 has the same TTK as the Blitz, but it's longer than the Cyclone's. However, it's hip accuracy is pretty bad in general, and terrible when compared to SMGs. The SMGs also have a host of other benefits over the AC-X11, like a 0.75 ADS modifier and more potential damage per magazine.

Like others have said, the Razor is probably the best option for a long range carbine. It's accurate, has easily controllable recoil and a high projectile velocity to make hitting easier. The AC-X11 is a fun weapon, but it's small magazine lets it down at mid-range, and its slow projectile velocity lets it down at long-range.
    • Up x 1
  11. BobroWexNC

questions about the shottys, i got one in a bundle and i was not interested in them but i gave it a shot as i had paid for it, I was absolutly dominating i think in my first outing i got like a 15kill streek in about 5 mins (2 of which where running to battle).. pretty much every enemy i looked at decided to lie down... i certed a sight, larger mag (the 6 shots was the draw back) and slug ammo... since the slug ammo my kills gone back to usual, maybe it was chance/luck that day?

Anyway my question is, is the slug ammo just for better range or does it still pack a punch close up?

and as my note for guns i love my GD7-F, though the recoil means its not great anything longer than what i call distant CQC (you could hit them at the far end of a big room but not further than that)

my Cyclone SMG is pretty good, i need to cert the extra ammo i think but it pack a puch for a niffty little gun, i use with my infil
  12. JonboyX

Get the NS-11C and forward grip it. At least then you won't be totally vulnerable at anything other than exactly 80m ;)

The AC-X11 is a broken gun I'm sorry to say :/ For shooting at range, you want a bigger clip than the 20 bullets this thing gives you. I wouldn't mind if the dps was high, but it isn't: it just has high single bullet damage. Fine if you want to alt fire one bullet at a time, but otherwise I think you'll be really disappointed.

Or just stick with the mercenary. Friends of mine use it exclusively on their LAs - it's a solid all round gun.
  13. Bersigil

You never did the math, did you? The AC-X11 has the second highest dps of any carbine usable by the NC, second only to the GD-7F while the NS-11c has the worst.
  14. JonboyX

Admittedly I've not checked to see if stats have updated, true. If you're a believer in spreadsheet stats rather than in-game practise then I can try and address this...

Going by the last spreadsheet I saw, HERE, excluding reload penalties the AC-X11 has the 4th best MAX DPS after the GD-7F, the Mercenary, and The Gauss Compact Burst. I've calculated this by:

MAX DPS = Bullet Max Damage * ROF / 60. That's the right maths isn't it?

Hopefully the table below works ok:

WEAPON NAME EMPIRE Bullet Max Damage Bullet Min Damage ROF DPS Max DPS Min

GD-7F NC 143 @ 10m 100 @ 60m 600 2,014 1,408
    AF-19 Mercenary NC 167 @ 10m 125 @ 75m 845 1,670 1,250
    Gauss Compact Burst NC 167 @ 10m 125 @ 75m 500 1,670 1,250
    NS-11C NS143 @ 10m 112 @ 65m 600 1,554 1,217
    Gauss Compact S NC167 @ 10m 125 @ 75m 577 1,606 1,202
    AC-X11NC200 @ 10m 143 @ 85m 550 1,667 1,192
    Razor GD-23 NC 167 @ 10m 125 @ 75m 652 1,531 1,146

...And that's at 10 metres. I think we'd all agree that the AC-X11 is terrible at hip firing.
    So, taking it to the other extreme where I'd contest the AC-X11 is supposed to be used (you can mount a 6x scope to it...), let's look at its MINIMUM DPS. And... we see that's not good either, especially made worse by having a low bullet speed which makes aiming trickier.
    Now add in to the mix small clip size and hence multiple reload times, and it's penalized further.
    Have you got the revised numbers as you're probably working off a newer spreadsheet than I?
  15. darkstarzx2

In terms of sheer damage, the AC-X11 is the most powerful carbine on the market. However it's low clip size can sometimes be a problem. I would go with it's bigger, more functional brother, the Guass Compact S. From what I've seen in VR, it has a bit more of a kick, faster firing, and slightly lower damage. However, you can get all sorts of attachments and it has three different fire modes. Personally, I wouldn't bother with the 1000 certs carbines.
  16. GoldenDeath

AC-X11 is what I use, and keep in mind you can use it for more than LA if you get it, I recommend a compensator and forward grip, also keep in mind that you shouldn't hip fire it, always zoom it. The stats are pretty close to the Reaper DMR if you have any experience with that.
  17. Xhaleon

AC-X11 stronk, Razor a ****. Genudine Dynamics should stick to making fast-shooters and CQC guns.

AC-X11 is modestly priced, has the same laser accuracy potential as the T5 AMC with full upgrades, doesn't have that annoying first shot recoil, and the real penalty for shooting hipfire with the thing is deceptive; you just need to run a little closer than usual to compete.

Razor is disgrace to NC for using same sound as AC-X11, for such a baby gun with baby bullets.
  18. Ghoest

Its not deceptive - its just bad at hipfire.

Yes by getting even close you can make it work from the hip. But you have to really close.
  19. TheBand1t

I'd like the ACX-11 better if it A. Had a decent projectile velocity and B. Had the same damage dropoff as the DMR/SAW.

As it is, Carbines aren't what you should be looking at if you need to shoot long range targets.
  20. MykeMichail

For people with exceptional accuracy, the AC-X11 becomes an exceptional gun.

However, considering that in game we need to deal with FPS drops and laggy players and servers, even the most accurate people are sometimes unable to get rounds on target despite their best efforts, and in that case, this gun just has too many disadvantages.