Convince me somehow that the AF-4 Cyclone isn't useless..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Grayson, May 8, 2013.

1. Grayson

I RARELY use it, because it's just SO BAD the hip fire, the mag size, the COF....and well everything.
    Just somehow convince me that i didn't wasted more than 1k certs.
    Should i get the Blitz, is it better?

Edit: Using it on the Infiltrator.
    That which range is good for this gun? TR just simply sprayed me down today (failstorm, carbines and stuff )..
    And in "longer" range, well you can feel that it's and SMG.
  2. TeknoBug

Don't use an SMG if you think it has bad hip fire, bad ROF, bad COF, because the Blitz will feel the same way to you.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  3. OddChelsea

The cyclone doesn't feel useless when I am infiltrating. You really feel that extra damage per bullet over the blitz. If you just want to spray though then the blitz is better. The cyclone has the fastest ROF of any 167 damage gun and it has a good hipfire, unlike what you claim. Like you said, you rarely use it. So you haven't given it a chance in the situations where it would shine obviously.
  4. Zinus

Cyclone is my wep of choice for inf.
    The faster ttk and harder hitting bullets make a world of difference for me. Sure Blitz has more bullets and fire rate, but it somehow feels less reliable when i tried it out.
    My cyclone is extended mag, hollow point, supressor and easy mode scope (IR scope)
    At the ranges i engage hipfire is more than enough to land 2/3 of hits and it even performs quite decent at mid ranged (20+ meters)

If you want a smg for class other than inf then you might as well look into some other weapons as they are overall superior to the smg anyway.

P.S. ambush is the name of the game, just don't rambo with it :3
    • Up x 2
  5. MFP_TK_01

My highest kills is on this gun. Suppressor, grip, soft points. I did more sneak attack than hip firing spray'n'prays though.
  6. Grayson

Did you even used it? It's not like the other spray n pray SMGs. You can't really hipfire the AF-4. You waste bullets, your dead. And in CQC VS and TR with any carbine can beat it IMO.
  7. YamiNoTenshi

I doubt the problem is with the weapon, it's most likely the user.
    • Up x 2
  8. Zaik

if you're using it on a class that could use the GR-22 or GD-7F, yeah it's going to feel bad.

they were basically for infiltrators and HAs that wanted to be able to hipfire, they aren't as good at it as carbines or assault rifles made for it.
  9. Grayson

Sure, like the TR failstorm needs any skill to use :rolleyes:.
    (I like this forum full off mean trolls...just like me.)
  10. Deadeye

I use it all the time and kick *** with it. The gun hits hard and fires fast. In a firefight with a TR or VS using their higher ROF SMGs, I always win. It's such a good gun, I tend to use it over even my carbines and rifles on engineer and medic. Really the only thing that can beat it are the shotguns.
  11. OddChelsea

No it's not a spray and pray weapon. None of the first SMGs are. If you can't aim while hipfiring or ADS then that is your problem. Also carbines are better than SMGs anyways, always have been. All you're saying is I can't aim with this thing so I waste too many bullets.

Here's my stats with the cyclone, no they aren't great but I've used it enough to know what I am talking about. 790 kills. https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428044677969565345/weapons
  12. Zotamedu

You are not close enough. The SMGs are made for CQC combat and they are pretty useless if the enemy is further away than you can spit. It those ranges, they are awesome.
  13. Grayson

Erm, wut? I wasn't replying to you btw.
    Cluster f*ck again....
  14. Hosp

Pretty much this.

I've used it to great effect as an infil. Sometimes scoring 10+ sprees. The big issue with the Cyclone is, it's not a great Hip Fire SMG. It does hipfire decently well in Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot moments, but do no rely on it to hipfire.

The Cyclone is an ADS SMG. :eek:. I run mine with Extended Mag + 2x Reflex on my Infil. It hits hard if you can put lead on target. But, as far as SMGs go, it is the Gauss-Saw of SMGs. Gotta invest in it and learn to use it, then it hits like a truck.

But that's only half the battle with many weapon. You also have to stop and evaluate your play-style. Maybe your style doesn't suit the weapon's use, in which case, you wasted 1000 certs to begin with.
  15. OddChelsea

You weren't replying to me, I was replying to you. Unless you think that no-one can speak unless spoken to.

Off topic, I just noticed how bugged my stats page is, holy **** that had me laughing. 22620% accuracy with the mercenary. xD
  16. TeknoBug

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428021759056397825/killboard

It's definitely not a spray n pray, you must be able to aim.
  17. Xhaleon

SMGs are relatively cheap CQC weapons because they can be used by all classes, those certs or SC paid will be put to good use. They also reload fast, so they've got a leg up on stop-and-go combat against CQC carbines.

The Cyclone has the second fastest TTK just behind the Armistice, but only by a minuscule difference. In practice, the better control of the Cyclone means it places more of its shots on target (and head) where the Armistice might miss, whether the fight is in hipfire or ADS, so the Cyclone has the fastest practical TTK of all SMGs, which is exactly what you want for CQC.

It partial reloads the second fastest (again by a tiny margin), deals the most damage so it can reach out further than other SMGs, it suffers from COF bloom less because of its low rate of fire, and even with the recent nerfs to its horizontal drift during ADS fire its still decent enough for ~50m fights.

Cyclone was and still is best SMG in the game.
  18. ThePackage

The 50 and 60 round SMG's are clearly the better weapons in nearly every case. The 25 and 30 round SMG's can't touch the damage per magazine the large capacity ones have. Damage per magazine is one of the most important stats for sustained fighting, and multi kills. The cyclone with extended mag still has less damage per magazine than the blitz. If the first batch of SMG's came with 35 and 40 rounds by default they would be worth while. If you're not an infiltrator you should never be using the first batch of SMG's because you have much better options at your disposal for cqc and medium range.

If you are an infiltrator using them......go buy the better ones. Since we want to link killboards, this is why you use the large capacity magazine SMG's.

P.S. Yes, I killed a Harasser with the commissioner because I am that badass.

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428021759056752001/killboard
  19. TeknoBug

^ For TR, why even bother with the Armistice since both SMG's do 125-84 damage but the Hailstorm has a large magazine. The two SMG's on NC and VS are different in damage and ROF but the TR ones aren't much different at all that those who bought the first one got screwed.
  20. Vashyo

they feel pretyt identical from my testing in the VR
    The only worthwhile way to use SMG over other guns is to move around while shooting them since moving barely has any penalty to accuracy.

Only difference I feel between cyclone and blitz is that blitz is more user-friendly if u have trouble with your fire control in hectic CQC situations since the large magazine size forgives more misses.