Shooting bh Shields needs to be stopped

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by notw2, May 7, 2013.

1. Kenny007

I hate all that this thread stands for.
  2. MasonSTL

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...n-why-spawns-are-the-way-they-are-now.123620/
  3. BalogDerStout

Actually, a 50% reduction for all kills made behind the shields might go a good way to keep people from fighting for a totally lost facility. Don't think it should be 0 though, it's still not always the easiest thing in the world to push out from a camped room.
  4. wwwyzzerrdd

The problem is there's no shortage of noobs who stand in front of (outside) the spawn shields to get farmed by the people inside, so people will keep doing it
  5. Mythicrose12

Of course! Attackers have to shut down defenders constantly pouring out of the spawn site! Must camp the spawn room harder!

I'm waiting on the "Stop mining spawn room" threads. The lemmings just can't resist charging in to those spawn rooms after bases flip and won't wait long enough for an EMP grenade to disable mines... Those lemmings wants their free kills but don't want to be killed in turn. o_O
  6. holycaveman

No shooting through spawn sheilds. Problem solved.
  7. MFP_TK_01

Offense mines the doors and camps them with tanks and ai turrets making it impossible to leave in any form. New problem created.

Just learn not to stand in the killzone like an idiot.
  8. HellasVagabond

I don't mind infantry shooting out from shields AT ALL...I do mind when AA MAXs can do that and we can't do nothing in return.
  9. cann0nf0dder

so, just to stay inside and shooting out is the perfect solution, even if you can't get out at any rate, the base is lost and the only strategy that could work is to gather at some close outpost, spawn some vehicles and take them from behind, but no, it's much more effective to just wait till the base is capped and then move on to the next spawnroom waiting for the enemy zerg is ariving ...

the shields should be working both ways or blocking every shot.

at least they removed the possibility to squaddeploy as a max, so you can't escape that spawnroom anymore when you're about to loose the base (finally) ... a small step into the right direction
  10. Dalzaar¤

Shooting from spawn room can actualy help to drive back the enemy specialy in bio labs.Either you use things like Lashers and MAX crash to get out or you just keep shooting at the idiots who come looking at the shield and thus keeping a relatively large force occupied while other friendly force comes to the rescue by capping the outposts and then shooting the campers from behind.
  11. MFP_TK_01

There is always the possibility of a push. I've pushed out from shields before to retake a point and I've been in situations where the Calvary arrives just in time allowing me to push. But I shouldn't bother explaining too much because you ended that paragraph with a childish whine.

You realize how stupid that sentence is right? The shields should work both ways....

Think about it.

Keep thinking.

What is the point of a shield if it does nothing?

And I just pointed out the fallacy of blocking both sides. Offense mines the entrance. You can see the mine but you can't shoot it without stepping out, thus setting off the mine. Congrats, you just made a spawn room absolutely pointless to go to.
    • Up x 1
  12. Schwimmy

How else are the other factions supposed to handle the TR air-zerg?

13. Ghosty11

We all know this problem is not new at all since SOE actually improved the spawn buildings since release to make it easier to shoot out of them. So in SOE's eyes, and most logical players in this game, shooting idiots from the spawn is an intended game mechanic. Considering where we where back in December when one or two Liberators were able to completely lock down a spawn while they dropped one or two guys off to cap and hold the point, everyone agreed these spawn room improvement were good and necessary.

It's seems now there are people that want to return to that sort of game play.
  14. cann0nf0dder

that i'm glad a max can't use squaddeploy anymore to save their hide in time but has to abbandon their max, even if they already gained the ressources and time to spawn a new one is a childish whine ?

it's protecting the guys on the other side of the shield, so working as intended ?
    i hadn't asked for scu shields able to shoot in both directions but will prevent the enemy from getting inside ...

so it's to hard for you to get ontop of the spawn by those elevator things and shoot the explosive down ?

sorry i'd taken you serious, seems like you can't utilize tactics more complex then suicide bombing sunderers or shooting out of fortified spawnrooms without fear of getting killed if you have problems like that ...

in the main area of the biolab i don't have a problem with that, even if it's more effective to get to another base and try a counteroffensive from there and recapture the outposts then save the biolab, but as the scu .... is located there and so on ....

i don't say it's the best sollution to those problems, but at smaller bases without scu and critical infrastructure those shields should be blocking in- AND outgoing shots, imho.
  15. MFP_TK_01

You ending the sentence with "they go hide in the next spawnroom bloobloobloo' is the whine.

Shield:
    2. A person or thing that provides protection.

Allowing shots to go both ways means that you are no longer protected, and the shield is no longer doing what it is designed for by definition. The shield is now a window. Ask for a window to be installed.

Yes it is actually. Because most of the roofs have a overhang! You never noticed that before? Besides, if I'm on the roof I'm going to focus on the vehicles and soldiers shooting at me instead of a mine, because you know, they won't wait for me to clear it first.

My question is why is it so hard for you to stay out of the killzone? Do you feel compelled to live up to your name?

p.s. learn to quote.
  16. notw2

Im talking about Aircrafts......people hide in the shields and shoot the libs or esfs down from miles away....im not talking fully about people just hovering right above the spawn point or people standing around near the spawn point...ur missing the point.
  17. LahLahSr

First of all: IF it's true that people "people hide in the shields and shoot the libs or esfs down from miles away" (and logically it of course can't be true, since no weapon has even a range of a single mile) the shields are immaterial, since there is nothing the aircraft can do about it anyway - they can't return fire at max range anyway.

Secondly: The whole shield discussion is a moot. Unless the spawn room concept and base design is completely reconceptulized, it HAS to work the way it does, for one single reason: to avoid predictability of the outcome.

It is equally boring for the attackers and the defenders to have 100% certainty of the outcome with 0% chance of "breaking the siege". Having shields that block shots both ways, will completely ensure the predictability of the outcome by further crippling the defenders' chance of ever breaking out.

It's bad enough as it is, with a near-certainty of the outcome in place already, but it is in fact possible to "break out" of a spawn room siege in - say - a biolab, if properly coordinated. With 2-way shields this would become less possible than it is.
  18. Xind

If people didn't spawn camp,
    people would not shoot out of spawn windows.

Solution: Don't spawn camp and let them come out so the fight can continue?

Alternative Solution: Don't stand/hover in front of a one way shield that has angry enemies on the other side?
  19. Springheel Jack

Stop standing in front of the doors like a re-re.

Problem solved.