[Suggestion] Burster warpgate camping

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ikillyou1990, May 3, 2013.

1. Izriul

So you got killed outside of your warpgate and now need your hand held by SoE to deal with it. Got it.
  2. Krinsee

I seem to remember that there is more than 1 side to a WG, you can drive in enemy territory and also that you can pull vehicles from outside the WG, Not to mention the reinforcments needed spawn points from deployment and the instant action abaility.
    Stop crying and go somewhere else or stop trying to Lolpod farm solo play.

Doing ops like that take orginization so either team up or deal with your impotency as a solo player.
  3. xluryan

Yeah, have fun with that. TR had to deal with it daily while we had the SW WarpGate on Indar. And it wasn't just VS that was camping up there. NC did it all the time as well.

Enjoy!
    • Up x 1
  4. Fenrys

That's whole the point of the operation. Why do you think you should be able to fly over a Burster nest and not get shot down?

"Doctor, every time I poke myself in the eye, it hurts!"
    "Stop poking yourself in the eye."
  5. Holomang

Warpgates are circles if you hadn't noticed.

Go out a different way.
  6. Macchus

Actually the real problem , at least in my experience is that 99% of the TR ground units and 98% of the air units were all heading toward the crown instead .
  7. Funfetti

This thread is just stupid.
  8. Tekuila

You're just mad you are back in your proper warp gate. Revenge time. :)
  9. ikillyou1990

Actually I'm not. I hated our old warpgate.
  10. ROCKFIISH

Fly out to right side of warpgate, stay low and hug mountain till you approach bio lab. Turn around, stay low and come back from behind them with your reaver, If your lucky they will be a tight group and you can run several of them over. Rinse, repeat, maybe make a youtube video.
  11. theholeyone

If you have to take two bases, doesn't that meant they have adjacency?
  12. ikillyou1990

Usually yes. Either way this issue needs to be looked at. There should not be a way to perma-burster camp a warpgate. I would love to see the pain field of the warpgates much larger so this would not be an issue.
  13. RipperTR

Why are you trying to attack anti-air with air? :eek:
  14. ikillyou1990

Maybe because that is the only way to get up to those burster maxes without having to drive a tank column 15 minutes to get there just to deal with bursters.
  15. theholeyone

Then your proposed 'solution' is worthless. And no, it doesn't need to be looked at, there is a massive list of real issues like bugs or population imbalance that SOE would be better spending their time working on.

There isn't a way to permacamp, go cap the territories behind them and roll em out of that hex. You might need to get out of your aircraft to do that, but that is how balanced imbalance works. Ie, AA will destroy air, but vulnerable to a ground attack. Or just fly around them. Neither approach is very difficult.
  16. LynxFury

It's the same problem with burster maxes effecting other play. Their range is too long ranged and effective enough to do area denial AA rather than the point defense AA it should be.
    • Up x 1
  17. Hibiki54

Camp WGs has been a tactic going back to PS1, redone in beta and utilized in current. It's a legitimate tactic to both create a No Fly Zone near the warp gate and force the faction to use resources to push that group out.

It's a delaying tactic. If you can't find a way out of your warp gate via air, you shouldn't be flying.
    • Up x 1