Harrasser Buggy - Whats the point?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by biterwylie, May 3, 2013.

1. Ghosty11

I noticed this quite a bit last night. I was driving a Sundy along the road, when I noticed a few friendly Harassers coming up behind me, so I slide my Sundy to the right to allow them to pass me. Well the next thing I know, my Sundy is spinning in circles as these idiot Harasser drivers are bouncing off my Sundy, nearly weapon locking me, since apparently them hitting me counts as friendly fire.:rolleyes:
  2. biterwylie

No
    Do you see me complaining? I said 'what is the point?'
  3. Dreadnaught Wrex

Its fun.... plus the light show I make out the back with my fractures is awesome!
  4. MrHenderson

Max out racer chassis, turbo, composite armor, equip halberd. Find 5 friends and form a 3 harasser terror squad.

Win.
  5. Llaf

This, main reason.
  6. Malsvir Vishe

I laugh my head off every time I get a road kill with my buggy. I drove around a buggy wreckage today to roadkill the three people that had been inside prior to it blowin' up. :D
  7. TomoB

Fun, they say. Yeah maybe if driving one of those, flash armed with grenade launcher etc. were sometimes pain in the **** but at least it only took 1 rocket to finish them. Now we have these flash 2.0's zapping around that seem almost as durable as a tank (1 rocket hit to front about 1/3 damage). Can't wait for them to get sniper cloak also! FUN!
    • Up x 1
  8. ACE McFACE

Yes, the entire point of the buggy
  9. MasonSTL

More vehicles. Do you really need more of an explanation?
  10. Makora

As a TR, I suggest getting the halbert for the gun. And having a burster max in the back. You can't believe the amount of carnage you can wrought.
  11. Rift23

Inb4 tank whining.
  12. Chipay

It's a mini tank that can go indoors.
  13. Pikachu

1) It's immune to small arms fire and covers the driver and 1 passenger.
    2) It's the fastest of all vehicles.
    3) It's a vehicle with significant fire power (at least with halberd) than can be accessed at transportation terminals.
    4) It can pick up and transport a lonely MAX that was left behind by the sunderer.

Harasser is a great vehicle.
  14. Redndead

Seems to me like it would be a good vehicle to use as a rapid attack force with a sundy and a few of these decked out with some decent firepower you could seize alot of ground fast and fight off some moderate resistance and disappear before the armoured columns arrive.
  15. SuBs

I really think that the Harasser should be given a fourth passenger slot to give it a definitive advantage over the flash in troop insertion.
  16. Chyper

So me and some mates were driving around yesterday and we're capping Indar Coms Array. After capping we start to move out again in a sundy, which I was driving. Now, for some mysterious reason, the sundy decides it wants to try driving at a 90 degree angle. Safe to say, it doesn't work out to well, with the exeption of me who bail in time.
    Now, while my team is respawning at Indar Coms, I'm down in the valley, all alone. Up comes the enemy buggy. Of course, all it sees is an enemy infantry, all on his lonesome. So tries to run me over. But I keep jumping out of his way, shouting "OLÈ" every time.
    Of course, I can't keep this up forever, so I start to plan a trap. I place down a block of C4 and I wait for him to come back for another pass. Unfortunatly, by now my team has pulled buggies of their own and are chasing him off. But that's ok, there's another enemy buggy coming up the road. Surely, he'll try and ram me? Nope. He stops and shoots me with the Halberd (good shooting by him).
    Seeing as I dont have anywhere better to spawn, I squad deploy on my SL, resulting in me being back where I started. But I spot yet another buggy coming up the road. I can tell, this guy, he really wants a roadkill. Mind you this is a fully crewed buggy with 3 guys inside. At this time I'm thinking "Right, first one ran off, second guy was smart enough not to get close. But YOU, you sir! are going down!"
    Another block of C4 is placed. I back off so I won't be caught in the blast. The driver is still gunning for me, his vision narrowed down and focused on me. He really wants that roadkill. Me? I continue to back off. 100 meters left. He's veering a little to my right, so I move a little to the left. 50 meters. Right, he's not going to the the C4 straight on but a little to the right. Should still do the trick. 20 meters. 10 meters. 5 meters. He's right beside it, more or less on top of it. Left click. Explosion. Buggy goes up in flames. Everyone in it dies. I stand victorious (with the most satisified grin you have ever seen).

tl:dr

One guy can take out a buggy. It just depends on the driver being stupid enough to try and run you over when you are clearly standing there waiting for him to try just that.

As for OP's post about flashes being able to drive inside buildings, guess what; so can a buggy! It can also move faster (turbo, speed chassis, etc), climb hills and survive large drops/falls/driving off cliff stunts better, its easier to control, provides better protection for its driver, and can be used as cover if needs be. And you can have a MAX in the backseat.
  17. Konfuzfanten

Against stupidity even the gods contend in vain
  18. Macchus

Cool jumps of course and WG racing , griefing , recon, hot boxing, and back seat shennanigans. oh yea and maybe a bit of virtual murder ..
  19. Pikachu

Then it would get a strange asymmetric shape. :D
  20. BlueSkies

love my hillbilly truck