Serpent = massive buff, GD-7F = nerf?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by McLulzypants, May 2, 2013.

1. Xind

You think they're so good? Start a thread about how your faction is terrible and your switching to TR.
    The only reason I'm still on the Red-Wagon is loyalty to the Republic.

Especially as a VS, your weapons are literally ours with better recoil statistics. (for the most part) Sure we have more bullets in the mag, blah blah, tell me that really ******* matters any more than no bullet drop? It doesn't. No one wants to trigger a long reload. and it's not enough bullets to really make a TR player feel like they have a dynamic ammo advantage over the enemy. Not to mention we don't actually have more bullets in our LMGs than NC does. *ranting*
  2. WalrusJones

It feels like the T1 Cycler.
    .... Also the foregrip was buffed to reduce maximum recoil values, which is what was nerfed on the jaguar.
    Technically, I think a foregrip jaguar isn't that far from the pre-nerf version.

Basically, they made it a "Choose between close range and long range gun" that the Carnage BR is, without giving it the Carnage's attachment selection....
    We really should add the rest of the advanced attachments to the jaguar.
    • Up x 1
  3. ROCKFIISH

I think they should remove the dual sided recoil that cannot be compensated for, if they want to add it all to the right side that is fine. But they basically made our best mid range carbine into the worst, kinda for no good reason either. I got what they were trying to do but the firerate was only 750RPM to begin with (same as default Trac-5). But whatever im content that i've wasted certs on it and will just use default till they change things again.
  4. Prodigal

I have a TR toon with which I literally smash through enemies, by using the default weapons without a single attachment. I'm nowhere close to fulfill the same things with my VS weapons. But I'm a VS loyalist since 2004. That is all I have to say, good day sir.
  5. AxisO7

This is the thing which really annoys me about guns in this game. The majority have completely random horizontal recoil where it bounces both left and right. No amount of skill can actually control it; the best you can do is bursting it in very small amounts.

If it only kicked in after 7 or 8 bullets or so, fair enough. But they start bouncing by the third bullet. Guns in this game are not nice to shoot. It would be so much better if the guns were given proper horizontal recoil to one side, at least until you've gone full-auto for longer than you really should (7 or 8 bullets) at which time you would get the random uncontrollable recoil. That way people can actually use skill to control the recoil, and those who don't have it can work on it.
    • Up x 2