GU08 - I've ceased to be exited about "updates"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Evil Monkey, May 2, 2013.

1. Evil Monkey

The biggest thing you're going to see right away in GU08 is the addition of the Harasser buggy!
    Some cool tactics are opened up with the Harasser, some of my favorites so far are to use them with Burster MAXes as a fast moving AA response,

Awesome. Now burster MAXes have had their only limitation, mobility, removed. Now we can truly have 100% AA coverage and those OP ESFs will stay in the warpgate where they belong.

Each empire specific MAX is getting a new set of AV weapons, these are each designed to compliment replace the existing MAX AV weapons, by creating a long range AV option for the MAX, while the current ones will provide better overall DPS in close range situations.

Aha, so this is why the Av weapons were nerfed "rebalanced" - to make room for an upgrade sidegrade for only 700 SC per arm

We're not 100% done with all the MAX updates yet, however. So, for GU08 have decided to hold off on releasing the new MAX abilities until we have have a bit more time to make sure they are properly tuned. With any new ability or item that substantially changes the way an empire plays in an asymetrical way, we need to be extremely careful about making sure they're perfectly tuned and counterbalanced before releasing them.

Huh - is this Planetside we're talking about? I thought the weapon balances were done by a drunken chimp typing random numbers into a wordpad file.

These helmets were made based on a lot of requests for more sci-fi inspired helmet options, and we hope you dig them as much as we do.
    For the Terrans, you get an awesome stormtrooper helmet. For the others, you get a moped helmet with a black visor. Congrats!

[IMG]

Balance and Tuning changes:

GU08 is also bringing a substantial balance pass *snip*

OK, I admit stopped reading there. "Balance pass" is a codeword for
    (a) nerf existing weapons (that are on sale now) in anticipation for a new item which is arriving next week.... for 700SC
    (b) nerf weapons with no need to be nerfed... just because
    (c) screw up some random weapon (like Cosmos) with no explanation
    (d) nerf weapons that are supposed to be "buffed"
    (e) nerf weapon drastically while buffing its counter

Tank armor has been increased for GU08 in order to give our lumbering armored friends a bit more survivability. This change mostly means that each tank is capable of taking 1-2 more standard infantry rockets worth of damage before turning into a pile of slag and getting eaten up by nanites. AP rounds for all tanks, and base turrets, as well as the Dalton and 30mm Tank Buster and Shredder Liberator weapons have a new resistance type which bypasses these armor buffs, making those weapons have the exact same number of shots to kill as previously, and further defining them as the best tank killing weapons on the battlefield.

What? This actually makes.... sense. 2/2 MBTs may actually live longer.... and get as many kills as a 25-cert Fury flash? AP weapons may be useful now? What is this MADNESS!

On the UI front, we've got a couple enhancements that players have been asking for, some of the big ones include:
    • The ability to separate the customized colors for players and facilities. Now, player and vehicle indicators on the map and hud can be colored with one setting and capture nodes, terminals, territory control and facilities with another.
    Isn't this like what we had back when the game was released?

Capture progress bars on the map now animate to denote the direction the capture progress is heading, so you can more quickly understand if it's being captured or resecured.

Great. Now I can drop in on captured bases and lay booby traps/fire from the shields more conveniently.

Bug Fixes:
    • Vanguard shield should no longer incorrectly drop when taking small amounts of damage from certain weapons
    Is this a ninja Vulcan nerf ;)

• Many, many more!
    • But this patch will create many many MANY more including breaking random stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with any fixes/changes/patches.

As you can see, this is one of our largest updates to the game so far! We can't wait to get GU08 out to you guys so you can check out all the awesome.

Awesome? I'm calling that one as hyperbole at best...
    • Up x 4
  2. MasterCheef

[IMG]
    • Up x 13
  3. Evil Monkey

WTB. Reading comprehension.
  4. eatdachicken

WOW, holy ****, CRY MORE OP. Trash Thread is TRASH.
    • Up x 1
  5. Badname0192

Exited?
    • Up x 1
  6. Hosp

Just :eek: and move along.
    • Up x 2
  7. PurpleOtter

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have not been able to hit crap from the back of a moving Harasser.

The cash grab definitely continues.

These are not the nanites you are looking for....(what's that joke about mopeds and fat chicks).

Couldn't agree more, and I wonder what the game breaking bug is going to be this time they are going to have to Hotfix this afternoon!
    • Up x 1
  8. Nariquo

or the servers will go down again
    fps will drop again.
    its everytime the same.
    new update is coming.
    new vehicles new HELMETS are coming.
    but as usal nothing really useful is coming nothing. as usal. no sense in play this game again again :)
    • Up x 1
  9. Phazaar

I did read all of the patch notes, and appreciate maybe one or two more than you. But props on a good half of your observations, and for spotting the Vulcan nerf.

Bout time they sorted that out. It's only been what, 6 months?

I find it hilarious that everyone who bought 6 month membership is about to have to resub, and they just nerfed what the majority of score-hounds liked to do. I'm removing my CC details as soon as servers are up. I'll still be playing, but why pay when it's very obvious the game developers have decided not to go for combined arms anymore? I was trying to help fund the development of a rich, complex and exciting MASSIVE combined arms game. Shame that we've lost the rich complexity, most of the excitement, the size, and the combined arms now. Ah well, at least it's still a game, eh?
    • Up x 1
  10. Nariquo

at least it is teamdeathmatch nothing more
  11. soeguud

im also exited. let's be exited together.

TL;DR I should really be studying right now.
    • Up x 2
  12. tastyBerryPunch

:eek:
    • Up x 1
  13. Sek3000

Atleast they are fixing the reaver gun offset, I don't play NC but even I am a bit uppset by the time that has taken to fix (as it's kinda an important issue)
  14. Phazaar

Yeah, though I heard they pulled it from the Test Center... So maybe we're not so lucky :/
  15. Zeke342

OK, I admit stopped reading there. "Balance pass" is a codeword for
    (a) nerf existing weapons (that are on sale now) in anticipation for a new item which is arriving next week.... for 700SC

Alot of the weapon changes were BUFFS lol...
    • Up x 1
  16. Aegie

Wow, TR got the best helmet in the game so far IMO. I like the Titan OK and everything and the last VS helmet was OK as well (though kind of redundant for infiltrators) but wow- granted they completely ripped off Star Wars- but that is a great looking helmet, easily the best in the game.
  17. Badname82

There is nothing to comprehend in your dumb pointless post. Its lies, hyperbole and whining for the sake of whining. You didn't even read the patch notes. A number of EXISTING guns got BUFFS.

But keep thinking it is all a conspiracy to steal your money 7 bucks at a time. I know that's your hourly wage and all at burger king.
  18. Evil Monkey

99% of "buffs" are decreasing reload speeds .01 of a second, or maybe equip times by .05 of a second. Yikes, everything is so OP now!

The one that made me laugh was the "attaching glowy lights to all APMs"o_O
    I suspect that wasn't the droids "balance" anyone (even the poor TR Claymore guys) were looking for.

SOE guy #1: The mines keep disappearing into the floor - how should we fix it?
    SOE guy #2: Lets leave them as they are and put lights on all of them! The TR guys loved the cool lights on theirs. Cos nothing shouts "cool booby trap" like bright Christmas lights.
    SOE guy #1: True, true. What about those battle and scout rifles? They're OP as anything! I heard one guy got a 5 kill streak with one since their buff.
    SOE guy #2: They're crazy good. Everyone has them - we need to act fast or they will be the new PAS. Scope sway. Definitely scope sway. The guns are perfect since our last "balance". Must be the scopes. If we nerf them, it'll stop them being so FOTM.
    SOE guy #1: Mate, you should get a raise.

How do you know I work at burger king? Are you stalking me or something? :eek:
    If you're the guy who keeps staring through my basement window, I've already told my mum on you. She's going to have a "chat" with your mum about it, so watch out!
    • Up x 2
  19. Holomang

Pretty epic whine there OP, would you like some help putting your toys back in the crib?
    • Up x 1
  20. Torok

and the crayons in the pouch :D