New tank busting chain gun resist type

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Slandebande, May 2, 2013.

1. Slandebande

"New Armor Piercing 30mm Resist Type: A new resist type has been created for Tank Busting caliber chain guns"

It then goes on saying

New Armor Piercing 30mm Resist Type: A new resist type has been created for Tank Busting caliber chain guns. Tanks have been given a vulnerability to this resist type. This makes these weapons nearly as effective as they were before the above armor increases.
      • Lightning (65)
      • Magrider (60)
      • Vanguard (62)
      • Prowler (60)
    • The following weapons use this new resist type
      • AP30 Shredder
      • CAS30 Tank Buster
    Am I misunderstanding something, or shouldn't the Vulcan use this new resist type aswell? Seeing as the description of the Vulcan goes: "The G30 Vulcan fires armor piercing 30mm rounds capable of damaging heavily armored targets."

As far as I understood, the Vulcan is therefore using Armor Piercing 30mm rounds and should thus employ the new resist mechanic..
    • Up x 3
  2. ChaosRender

While logicly it would for balance they cant. If the Vulcan get the Chain gun resist type then the Enforcer and Sauron would have to get the AP resist type, And you start to make those the mandatory weapons. And you open the can of worms that if the X get the _____ resist then the Y should get ______ resist. and you slowly undo the buff.
    • Up x 3
  3. Slandebande

While that is true, they really should have called the new resist type something else to avoid the confusion... As according to the name, its a direct description of the Vulcan.. If you ask me it seems like some sort of fast band-aid solution where it was overlooked :/
  4. HLM

This. They probably just forgot they previously classed the Vulcan as 30mm. Or that it existed at all..
  5. gigastar

I doubt it was overlooked by accident, giving the Vulcan the AP attribute without also doing the same to the Saron, Enforcer and Halberd would cause a huge balance issue, and giving it to all of them anyway would automatically make them the best secondaries to mount for MBT's.
  6. Angry Scientist

The reason they didn't was to keep the balance, yes. The faction specific secondaries were already considered one of the best to take and you rarely see much anything else. Giving them the anti tank buffs would settle it.

The fix is simple, though. Simply change the Vulcan's description of its ammo type to anything other then 30mm.

Or, you know, you can just accept it 'for reasons of balance and fun'.
  7. Slandebande

^
    Like the Angry Scientist said, just alter the description and I would be satisfied.. It confused me at least to begin with :p, and is an inconsistency that could easily be fixed
  8. Xhaleon

Keep the Vulcan as non-AP or non-TankBuster, change the item description, tighten up the maximum COF, do whatever to damage and rate of fire.

It won't shred tanks anymore, but it can BRAAAAAAAAAAP from further away.
  9. Phazaar

Yeah, change it to fire 29mm AP ammo :) Problem solved!