Terran claymore problem

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by NecroArbiter, May 1, 2013.

1. NecroArbiter

I posted this in the Gameplay Disscusion genre also:
    There is a huge problem with the Terran Claymore: while other anti infantry mines lie down, it stands up. So it sticks out. Also, about the two lasers that radiate from it, are those lasers visible to enemy players? If so, then it is like telling them that there is a mine here, and only noobs will get killed by it. I also heard that the enemy player must be in the angle that the two lasers form in order to trigger the mine. I also heard that the enemy player must block one of those lasers to trigger, and many other versions that how the mine can be triggered. Can someone answer my questions cuz I am really confused.....
  2. Bloodmyth

OMG dude, I can't believe you're the 1st person to notice this, I for one can vouch that there really are not any other posts concerning this, don't waste your time with the search feature ;)

In all honesty it's annoying yes, but you just have to be a little more smart at where you place them, oh and the answer to most of your questions is yes!
    • Up x 1
  3. Vaphell

reportedly these lasers are only visible when you were closer than X meters from it when it was deployed. Personally i don't recall seeing these rays ever. While betty and proxy are omnidirectional with rather small AoE, claymore itself is directional and afaik it reaches further
    There are changes in the pipeline though (additional blinkenlights), NC one will be the most worthless of the three.
  4. Mustarde

Necro you seem like an enthusiastic up and coming infiltrator, most of us are happy to talk about the class and help you out.

But please, check previous posts on this subforum using the search. I bet 95% of your questions, concerns or discoveries have several dedicated threads/rants/whines you can read to answer what you need to know.

Just don't search for "broken" and "cloak". It'll crash your browser and fry your CPU as tears pour out of the screen.
    • Up x 1
  5. InfamousOrnio

They need to fix the sinking claymore bug, yes it does have a problem use the search feature properly like Mustarde said.
  6. Ztiller

Yes, only noobs will get killed by it, IF you place it like a noob. Place it smart and you will be able to kill smart players.

You can get your flat AP-mines as soon as i get my burst-fire sidearm, 10 extra rounds/mag in my carbines and a 25% dmg boost on my Magrider.
  7. Astraka

Just gimme that no bullet drop goodness. I am absolutely loving the Spectre on my VS Infiltrator so much so that I may not even buy a bolt action for him.