VS Death Machine

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DreamlessLiberty, Apr 30, 2013.

1. PurpleOtter

12-gauge auto-loader + .45 long slide, with laser sighting + Phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range + Uzi nine millimeter..discuss
    • Up x 2
  2. RocketKhruschev

Hey, just what you see pal.
    • Up x 2
  3. Strykar

The Ursa is too manly for me, at least at long range. The recoil and CoF are just insane, even with the compensator.
  4. MrEclectic

For the time being, the SVA-88 is the superior choice. But with the upcoming GU8, the Ursa and the Flare are in all probability tol get significant buffs. At least in the PTS VR room, they have smoother recoil and seem better than their live implementations.

As for HVA, faster travel time means hitting first and having to lead a moving target less in order to score hits at range. Plus it buffs damage past medium range.
  5. Regis7575

Lasher + Flashlight

Discuss
    • Up x 1
  6. MrEclectic

Party time!

Just keep spamming the L key as well so the Flashlight acts as a strobe light.
  7. AssaultPig

HVA was really important for VS guns before the damage falloff penalty was removed. It's less necessary now but the recoil penalty is pretty small and easy to adjust to.

The real problem with that setup is the extended mag. Seriously, you're so unable to find 3.5s to reload that you want to forego a forward grip, when firing at long range?
  8. FnkyTwn

If by 'eat' you mean "die to all the time with your .66 K/D ratio" then okay.
    Please post a link to your VS alt with Ursa experience, because if you're
    just crying about the only VS LMG that works worth a damn past 40m
    then please find another game, as PS2 is way too hardcore for you.

SAW > EM6/TMG-50 > Ursa > Flare

DreamlessLiberty = BR23 TR with a 60% HA playtime and .66 K/D

9. FnkyTwn

Go make an NC alt and fire the SAW in combat for 3 hours.
    Then go pick up the buttery smoothness of the Ursa. Win.
  10. FnkyTwn

Apparently until they patched VR just a little while ago, LMGs
    with Foregrips were firing with zero recoil.. so update and test
    it again. I would be absolutely thrilled if the Ursa got better, but
    something tells me the Ursa will suffer the most under the new
    system they've got. (Along with the SAW and TMG-50)
  11. Rhaeyn

Aw, too bad. I though this thread would have something to do with the 90s movie "Death Machine". ;)

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  12. Xind

The Em6 is better in every way than the TMG-50 except recoil decrease.
  13. FnkyTwn

Maybe, but when you have the SAW as your default LMG I don't see too
    much of a point in the EM6. (IMHO) I got the EM6 with Alpha Squad, but
    quickly ditched it in favor of the SAW and my NC alt has never looked back.

That being said, it's still a tossup for me between the EM6 and TMG-50.
    I will admit that with extended magazine, the EM6 is still rock steady,
    but now everybody gets to wait until the dust from GU08 settles to see
    if the "best" LMGs remain the best.
  14. Xind

I think most of the dust will hit LMGs without access to compensators, so I expect the EM6/TMG-50 to hold fast in the same position even if they both suffer a little more vertical coil from lack of foregrip.
  15. Strykar

Can somebody give a description on the Ursas performance in close-medium range? It's just a Flare with a slower right of fire and higher velocity so I don't see why I would want it over my Flare. I realize it's for long range but I've heard that a few favor it universally.
  16. MilitiaMan

See, I dislike all the LMG for VS but the SVA-88. Just a beast of a gun both long range and CQC.

TR LMG of choice is the Rhino with that sexy Adv Foregrip.

Gauss SAW or EM6 for NC imo, I have been loving the SAW since I was using the EM6 for like 5 months ;D