[Suggestion] Make AA do 50% Less Damage if Shot Out of Spawn

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BH Brigade, Apr 30, 2013.

1. BH Brigade

Right now, in certain specific bases AA can lock down the entire base while sitting inside the spawn shields. Certain flat bases on Esamir, and bases built on elevations like Quartz ridge (the spawn room is elevated above the rest of the base, so you can effectively lock down the air out of spawn) and Indar Comm Array (the entire base is on a giant hill, you have LoS on all the surrounding airspace from the spawn room). The entire point of the spawn shields is to give the defenders a chance to "thin the horde" from relative safety, so vehicles can't blatantly camp the spawn. If AA was reduced in damage if it came from a spawn room, then air would still be forced to move away, otherwise they WOULD die. But the entire base wouldn't be locked down airspace just cause there's people sitting in the spawn room INVINCIBLE with bursters. Thoughts?
    • Up x 7
  2. Finli

"Make it easier for us to spawn lock small bases with Lib spam. I feel it isn't easy enough right now."
    • Up x 15
  3. Hoki

4. WalrusJones

Actually... Half damage spawn shields wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, for all weaponry.

It would make people stop willingly allowing themselves to be spawncamped for one or two free kill, and we might see people do smart things, like regroup at the nearest tower to pull lightnings to retake the tech plant, or........................ Not sit in the spawn room.
    • Up x 1
  5. Badname0192

The current situation is, people can fight out of their spawn rooms and try to gain ground. Part of that is taking out the trained guns that aim at the ports one can pass through in order to gain access to better areas.

To your standard ESF/Zephyr/Dalton 'I want to just pwn anything under me and never get hurt!' I say no. If you're hovering and we nail you with flak to have troops get out, or a Decimator, that's simply because you're not thinking with your brain and floating about within view of a potential attacker from spawn.

That being said, you are whining on the forums, so I may as well plan on having to give up ground over and over and over again, because you forum warriors almost always get your way.
  6. BH Brigade

Honestly, I don't really care all that much, I just wanted to see what the community thinks. I don't really know why I read these forums anymore, anyone with any good ideas has left due to the abundance of "noob l2p" or "no no it's balanced because my faction has it." Also, any mention whatsoever of making flak more difficult to use is met with "stupid pilot get on the ground" I spend most of my time on the ground, but SOE ****** up the balancing so bad with A2G balance I don't know why I bother making these threads.
  7. Sumguy720

You can decrease the damage to 0 percent by landing somewhere where they can't see you. No need to hover over the spawn room or even in its line of fire. Only time I've seen it done is when a base is otherwise secure and people are just trying to farm kills. If it's not your base, you shouldn't be safe there.

Personally I would like to change how spawn rooms work completely. Having them be an actual building or be in a building, or below ground, or anything other than a big forcefield tent.
  8. BH Brigade

Yeah, same here I just think the whole 50 percent thing would be a good "stopgap" measure, to try and make up for the awful base design.
  9. HadesR

A bad base design that penalizes the defenders ... So ermm you want to penalize them even more ?
  10. Sumguy720

Here's a nice concrete example of where the spawn room shields are a problem, and the 50 percent damage reduction would make sense.
    [IMG]

But at the same time there are places where it might not make so much sense.

EDIT: This is mesa comm, for reference.
  11. HadesR

Know how to fix 90% of the spawn problems ?
    People not leaving
    People firing out
    Being to easily camped by vehicles
    Those vehicles not making people want to leave
    etc etc

Make the spawn rooms exit into a building and not into a killing zone.

A) Vehicles will not be ale to directly camp the spawn exits
    B) Those inside will not have a clear view of those outside ( if stupid enough to stand outside a spawn room door when its in a building then they deserve to be shot and their internet cut off :p )
    C) It will give a safer more viable means for those inside to leave

Used an Amp station as an example in another thread.
    EG:
    Add two corridors to allow the spawn doors to exit into the two buildings either side.
    Close up any courtyard facing doors and windows in those buildings ( So vehicles cannot influence the spawn exits )
    Close up the lower floor spawn door that faces the main facility
    Extend the barricades outside the upper doors, gives people protection when leaving and stops people firing out.
    Add walls to stop land vehicles getting round the back to influence the wall facing spawn doors.

Voilà
    Players have viable exits while also cutting down their need and ability to fire out.
    • Up x 2
  12. Sorusi

Your suggestion is sound.

Not only would it fix AA MAXes but also deal with K/D chickens who in greater numbers than the enemy camp the spawn room and fire at the attacking team, this while loosing the base.

And yep, these forums are pretty much left with trolls
  13. Vastly

So the building simply becomes an extension of the spawn room, and the exits are the new, improved killing zones, because those inside can't see what's going on outside without exposing themselves to fire. Air will absolutely love it.
  14. HadesR

Would still have the balcony's and covered roof of the spawn room to try and deal with air .

Camping in general will happen, Whether it's at the spawn doors or at the cap point . The idea is to give people viable options to get out the spawn room in the first place.
  15. Copasetic

At most bases locking down the airspace around them is nigh on impossible from inside the spawn room because you've got all kinds of obstructions around you, beginning with the roof cover up top. There's probably only a handful of bases where this is a real problem, I think they should fix those edge cases rather than put in a blanket nerf to damage.

Unless you're talking about getting hit by AA after your empire has camped the other side into their spawn room. In that case I can't give you any sympathy. Nobody is forcing you to hover above the spawn room waiting for some cheap kills, so if it gets too hot go find something else to do. Stopping this kind of behavior was the reason the spawn rooms were redesigned in the first place.
    • Up x 2
  16. BH Brigade

Yeah, it's really only a very select few bases that are problems.
  17. Ghosty11

If the problem is that AA in the spawn at certain bases can lock down an entire area. Wouldn't the proper fix be to limit the FoV of the problematic bases' spawns? Nerfing AA from every spawn in every base in the entire game sounds a bit much considering the limited nature of the problem.
  18. ABATTLEDONKEY

I havent seen lib spam since GU04. Libs are so underpowered right now its ridiculous. If you see a fleet of libs, your probably going to encounter a ground force so big your going to get stomped anyways. Thats how zergs roll.
    • Up x 1
  19. Patrician

SOE please make it easier for me to farm infantry at spawn rooms with my ESF/Lib!!!
  20. Patrician

Ah so you're one of the "the best defence of a facility is to surrender the facility and go somewhere else" brigade then?