Asus 7970 matrix

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Toxicmix1, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Toxicmix1

Hello guys.

I have a 560 ti 448 heavily overclocked at stock 580 speeds, but unfortunaly i can´t max out the game with full ultra in user file. I know im allways gpu limited.

Im about to get the normal matrix, not the platinum. Is still above the ghz edition speed. I want to know if i can fully max out this game in FULL ultra. I know this game is very cpu bound, but currently im totally gpu lmited at this settings.

My other specs are:

HAF 912 plus fully ventilated
    3570k at 4.8
    Thermalright hr 02 macho rev A
    Artic Slver 5
    Asus maximus V gene
    2x4gb 2400 cl10 gskill trident
    Corsair HX 650w

My question is, what kind of performance can i expect? Smooth? not smooth? MIN frames?

Thanks guys

;)
  2. Itzyab0i

This game favors Nvidia more due to Physx.
  3. Serpent808

Probably Max settings with 30 fps to 100 fps, depending on the fight and how much your CPU bottlenecks in the process...
  4. Blitzkrieg

I'm running a card similar to the one you're getting, not quite the same. An MSI R7970 Lightning BE, which I overclocked as well.

I run the game on ultra and also the rendering at 1.41 which is super sampling. On average, in a very large fight my fps will go to around 35-40, normally if it's reaching 30 or lower it's normally because a patch has gone out and screwed up fps for a lot of people. The only time my fps legitimately went below 20 was during a server event which every major outfit from all 3 factions went to Amerish to the same location for a special fight. So really to hit that kind of fps requires almost the entire population of one continent to be in the same place, at the same time. Lets be honest, won't be happening unless it's special.
    But your average large fight your fps will hold up fine and should be smooth.
  5. Toxicmix1

Are you sure mate? i mean, it favors IF you use physx? am i grong? The matrix 7970 at 1100 "stock" on core is allready very fast so i dont know how well the 680 will perform against to it. With physx disable it doesn´t matter.
    To be honest, as a nvidia user, physx is just gimmick. I have it disable because actually causes crashes from 30 to 30m and it sucks.I hear nvidia is introducing some form of more simple physx to run in more diferent platforms. "something like that"

Well, at this moment i dont even have full ultra and i never see cpu. Allways gpu bound, even on massive battles. With min frames above 35. Before i had this cpu/board etc, i had an i5 750 and i was cpu limited. It was because of that i actually upgraded the rig.
    I hope to not return to that dam cpu cpu cpu bound crap all the time. :eek:

Excellent mate. ;) I cant wait to try. So dam excited. Like i said, i already experience cpu limited situations in the pass and it really sucks. Sence i upgraded, all is running great and in all high and just a few settings to ultra i can get a solid 50 in any situation, but a soon as i put full ultra, bam! 30-35.

At this point im obsessed with ultra.:D The game can be dx9 only, but is beautiful on max. I would love to see this game dx11, but that´s not going to hapen so i will just buy a good card and crank it up.:D

Thanks for the answers guys.

:)
  6. Iscariott

Before my FPS tanked today I was running above 30fps at almost all times w/ full ultra. I did notice that ultra shadows took a huge hit on performance(cpu and gpu).
  7. Blitzkrieg

More than welcome. I was going to get your card, but a stock 1150 core and 1500 memory which I've now beefed up to 1230 and 1700 for £360 was too good too pass up.

But just so you can see it, put the rendering on 2. It will make your card squeem, I guarantee, but it's worth just seeing.
    Any way, enjoy.