The Carv has been un-nerfed on the test server

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kronic, Apr 29, 2013.

1. y3ivan

arent TR doctrine is about spray and pray. T9 CARV is the fine example of the doctrine.
  2. CommodoreFrank

I'm glad it's going to be a usable gun again. It needs it now that flinch is gone. I'll still roll the MCG for lols on my TR character, though.
  3. gudman591

Hey traitors.

You know what awaits you?

CARV equipped with IR/NV. It completely negates recoil and, given the CARV's accuracy...

I hope you already have enough air in your lungs to cry "NNNNNEEEEEEERRRRRFFFFF".
  4. huller

it was a quite open and honest nerf. It used to be as good as the saw with the flinch giving it an advantage over the SAW. Then they added a completely random wobble to both sides (which cannot be compensated for in any possible way other than hacks), increased it's CoF and other stuff like that.

a 2X reflex and adv forward grip would have been nice to have on the CARV. The TR is severely lacking in the LMG department.
  5. kadney

Did they change the stats from the CARV itself or does it come from the change of the weapon attachments?
  6. TintaBux

T9 is the most used TR HA weapon still and is still the best HA default LMG in the game within 30 m.

If its changed, well done again TR for whining your way to get changes done, needed or not.
  7. XRIST0

Never use the carv anyway , doesnt bother me .. But i honestly feel like the orion is better and so is the saw .
  8. Imperium Assault

Orion is better than the CARV

It was NC and VS forum crying that got CARV nerfed in the first place
    • Up x 3
  9. }{ellKnight

Maybe it's down to personal preference but I'd trade the Carv for the Orion any day.

Anyway, tested it out and I think it does indeed seem to have less horizontal recoil now. It felt better than a TMG in that aspect. Dunno, wait and see I guess.
  10. pnkdth

This entire thread is based on what's on the test server. They also seem to play around with lots of settings right now.

Not maybe, it is down to personal preference. When I ask my outfit which is the best VS LMG, I get a list of all our LMGs, as well as a laundry list of reasons why their favourite gun is so much better than this and that one. Then there is the question of novelty value. Your faction doesn't have the Orion, only this old worn out CARV, man, wouldn't that shiny and polished Orion be nice to have? In other words, the grass is always greener.
  11. MikeyGeeMan

Hmm... Angry that you have to l2p?
  12. TintaBux

What has that got to do with it? If you must know T9 my fav TR HA weapon just like many other BR90+ TR players.
  13. {joer

No the recoil on the carv and recoil bullet speed nerf on the carv-s was undocumented. They only listed the equip speed as a nerf.
  14. Kociboss

Apparently forward grip on test server is bugged?
  15. Farlion

Oh, the tears if this hits live.
  16. Kronic

Yeah it effects guns with balanced horizontal recoil. SO yeah, the Carv is probably still **** :(
  17. anaverageguy

Unwarranted crying, I might add. The SAW was just as good back then as my primary weapon choice.
  18. Metallic123

Whining got it nerfed in the first place. Now that flinch is almost completely gone this unnerf of a stealth nerf will give newer TR the ability to fight past 40m. Also, the .75x ms orion is better in less than 30 meters. Anchor is pretty beast too.
    • Up x 1
  19. Liberty

I'm pretty sure its a bug, guns (all guns) with side to side horizontal recoil have it nearly (if not completely) removed. Guns with a pull to the left or (but not and) to the right still have pull with a forward grip.

While the Carv was much better with the (I believe) unintended buff, there was a VS gun I tested, I forget which, maybe the Ursa? That I could full auto nothing but headshots at 50 M thanks to a near complete lack of recoil.
  20. Pie Chasm

Actually it's just bugged. It has no recoil whatsoever..... (on test).

Actually....

No weapons have recoil on test at the moment.