Meet Minimum Requirments, Still Lags..

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Milestone, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Milestone

Hello, so my laptop plays Planetside 2 perfectly fine without much lag but my desktop is a whole different story... My specs on my desktop are:
    Processor : AMD Phenom(tm) 9500 Quad0Core Processor 2.20GHz
    Ram : 8GB
    Graphics Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560Ti
    My laptop is newer but all the specs on my laptop aren't as high as my desktop and my desktop still lags to the point where it's unplayable. At first I thought it was my graphics card so I replaced it with a GeForce GTX 560Ti but that didn't help any at all.. Now I'm starting to think its my processor but my laptop has a 1.90GHz processor and it runs Planetside 2 perfectly fine with no lag... I'm also playing Planetside 2 on the lowest possible settings on my desktop as well but I still have heavy lag.. If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated :D
  2. Rheyde

The minimum/recommended systems specs for this game are wonky, and in my experience, 2.2 GHz is just too slow. Are you GPU or CPU bound? Because I have a very VERY similar setup, the only differences being I have an i5 @3.3GHz, and Win7 instead of Vista, and I run the game on ultra with no problems.

Another thing to check on is whether or not you have GPU Physics enabled, because it is buggy and that setting alone will break your FPS.
  3. Milestone

How do you check if you are GPU or CPU bound? And I do believe I have PhysX enabled with my new graphics card and have no idea to disable it.
  4. Plompkin

Press Alt+F in game. Let us know what your FPS is at WG and in a mega huge battle. Also PhysX can be disabled in the options menu, it doesn't impact performance greatly (but is known to cause some crashes). I used to play on a very similar system (Core2Quad, 6 gigs ram, 560ti) and was getting 30 fps in large battles on mid.

Also a tip I got from ArClegger is to delete your useroptions.ini after each patch. I don't know how much good it does, but there it is.
  5. Milestone

Well I'm guessing my FPS is the problem lol. At Warpgate I'm getting an average 22 FPS and at a tech/bio lab battle it's literally at 5 FPS. And also on the top left of my screen I get a PhysX>CPU message. And I believe I am CPU bound since it said [CPU] next to my FPS rate.
  6. TheAppl3

It's the processor. A Phenom 9500 is only marginally more powerful than an E6850 which is stated as the absolute minimum. As I seem to continuously repeat, the minimum does not guarantee a stable valid and happy playing experience. It means you can play at all, which you clearly can. Typically, anyone without at least an overclocked Phenom II X4 or Q9xxx/Nehalem i5 chip will definitely experience overall poor frame rates.