Anything official regarding true ultra?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Madscot, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Madscot

I'm about to build a pretty decent gaming rig and want to crank up the .ini to true ultra settings.

I've read numerous posts saying 5 is the go, 4 is it, etc etc.

Is there an official response to this question anywhere, I wonder if a DEV could maybe shed some light?!

Cheers,

Madscot
  2. AnUnoriginalName

Just found this post after searching for forums for any solid information.

I'm not holding him to his word or anything like that but I believe a while back CyclesMcHurtz said he was going to do a writeup on the different UserOptions.ini settings and how each one works (what setting is low, ultra, etc). If he didn't actually say this then no harm done, but I too would definitely appreciate some sort of mini guide to absolute ultra graphics settings if it's possible. I understand they probably don't want to do this until they bring back ultra as an in-game option (whenever that happens) due to possible performance or stability issues, however I think there's a very healthy amount of people that can run or would like to run ultra settings either because they can or they want to.

Just my two cents.
  3. Mr T

I believe this is Ultra, well the one I use, (I have shadows on high, but this list has them on ultra):

[Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=5
    TextureQuality=0
    TerrainLOD=5
    FloralDistanceScale=2.000000
    ShadowQuality=5
    RenderDistance=6000.000000
    Gamma=0.000000
    MaximumFPS=120
    UseLod0a=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=5
    EffectsQuality=5
    TerrainQuality=5
    FloraQuality=5
    ModelQuality=5
    MotionBlurQuality=5
    BlurQuality=5
    AOQuality=5
    AmbientOcclusionQuality=5
    ParticleQuality=5
    VerticalFOV=74
    FloralLOD=5
    EffectsLOD=5
    ParticleLOD=5
    ParticleDistanceScale=2.000000
    EffectsDistanceScale=2.000000
    FogShadowsEnable=1
    MotionBlur=1
    VSync=0
    AO=1
    ForceGpuPhysics=1
    GpuPhysics=1

Before the update which allowed Ultra Low settings in the game, ultra was set to 4 in the User Options, but that number now sets things to ultra low/off, so the number is now 5.

Game looks so sexy on ultra!

Hope this helps. :)
  4. Madscot

Ok, so the new ultra is 5 now? Can anyone else confirm this?

I notice you have some outdated entries from beta in there. BTW Mr T, what specs you running?

Cheers
  5. Mr T

My Specs:

GTX 660 Ti
    Intel Core i5 2500 CPU 3.3Ghz (It has four cores, but Forgelight will never use the other three).
    8GB RAM DDR3

Just as a warning, Ultra is very unstable, so expect more crashes, also PhysX is very unstable, so expect multiple crashes, I crash too much for my liking, but Ultra looks so good!
  6. Mr T

A more up to date config:

[Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=5
    TextureQuality=0
    ShadowQuality=5
    Gamma=0.000000
    MaximumFPS=250
    UseLod0a=0
    VSync=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=5
    FogShadowsEnable=1
    EffectsQuality=5
    TerrainQuality=5
    FloraQuality=5
    ModelQuality=5
    ParticleLOD=5
    MotionBlur=1
    VerticalFOV=74
    AO=1
    GpuPhysics=1
  7. Dragam

No, this cannot be confirmed, as its just as.s juice coming out of his mouth.

The only things that increase the visual quality, is setting render quality above 1.0, and setting textures to 0. The rest has Z.E.R.O effect, changing to anything beyond the ingame values.

And fyi, only a moron would play with motion blur, as you gi.mp your vision in combat...

As for an official confirmation... the devs seem to amuse themselfs with letting people speculate, rather than giving a proper response... but then again, its SOE... aka incompetence at the highest level.
  8. Thudruckus

I play with motion blur on, because it looks sick, ultra on 5000+ resolution. And seeing how I had #2 most kills on server and #1 score yesterday it can't really **** ya that bad... unless you just.. well... yanno.
  9. Dragam

It lowers your visablity while moving - thats a fact, and it will decrease your performance. The only reason why anyone would ever use motion blur, is to cover for the fact that they have **** fps, so it still feels somewhat fluid.

And nice little claim youre making, despite the fact that the claim comes without any sort of proof whatsoever.
  10. Fimconte

11. TeknoBug

5 only works for shadows, it's 4 for everything else except 0 for texturequality if you want ultra. Setting 5 to shadows gives you cloud shadows so it'll be a performance hit on your system.

Sheesh no one likes motion blur.
  12. Dragam

13. LibertyRevolution

Wrong again... Cloud shadows come from LightingQuality=2. (high)
    Shadows 5 just increases how far out it draws high quality shadows instead of the lower quality version.

Putting 4 and 5 in these fields just reverts to medium...
    GraphicQuality=
    LightingQuality=
    EffectsQuality=
    TerrainQuality=
    FloraQuality=
    ModelQuality=
    ParticleLOD=

GraphicQuality 5 v 4 v 3
    On 3 (high) you get blowing dust, you get particles floating by.. on 5 and 4 you don't, just like medium.

These are the only settings that change how the game looks:
    RenderQuality=1.410000
    TextureQuality=0
    ShadowQuality=5

This is what the game looks like when you do this:
    RenderQuality=1.410000
    TextureQuality=0
    ShadowQuality=5
    EVERYTHING ELSE ON HIGH

Good luck getting it to look any better than that.

"I put it on ultra and I get higher framerate" .. well your playing on medium.. that's why.
    "lightingQuality=5 is ultra, my guns reflection is shinier".. well lighting5 doesn't have sunlight changes, so it has stable reflections..
    • Up x 2
  14. Mr T

Well we learn something new every day. I now play the game with everything set to high, and the the textures set to ultra, not going to bother with the render quality and ultra shadows as they are an FPS killer, FPS which I cannot afford to lose since SOE's latest 'optimisations'.
  15. Iscariott

The game definitely does look amazing on these settings. I'm surprised to find that my new rig cant push more than 37FPS when everything is set to 'ultra'.

I7 3770k @ 4.2ghz
    8gb ram 1600mhz
    ATI HD7970 GHZ edition w/ latest drivers

I wonder what I'm missing here, I should think if anyone could play on ultra I could...
  16. MacG32

If you'd like to visually see first hand what each setting does, check here.

These are my tweaked setting, based on that guide, and I've easily gained 20+ FPS and visually, nothing really changed.

Code:

[Display]
    FullscreenRefresh=0
    Maximized=0
    RenderQuality=1.410000
    FullscreenWidth=1920
    FullscreenHeight=1080
    WindowedWidth=1600
    WindowedHeight=1024
    Mode=WindowedFullscreen
    FullscreenMode=Windowed

[Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=3
    TextureQuality=0
    ShadowQuality=1
    Gamma=0.000000
    MaximumFPS=120
    UseLod0a=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=2
    EffectsQuality=3
    EffectsLOD=2
    EffectsDistanceScale=0.650000
    TerrainQuality=3
    TerrainLOD=2
    FloraQuality=2
    FloralLOD=1
    FloralDistanceScale=0.650000
    ModelQuality=3
    VerticalFOV=74
    ParticleQuality=1
    ParticleLOD=0
    ParticleDistanceScale=0.650000
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    MotionBlur=0
    MotionBlurQuality=1
    BlurQuality=1
    VSync=0
    AO=1
    AOQuality=2
    AmbientOcclusionQuality=2
    GpuPhysics=0

I've disabled PhysX, due to very poor optimization, and gained ~20 FPS.
  17. LibertyRevolution

Yep, RenderQuality=1.410000 and ShadowQuality=5 is what I tell people to do if they would like to punish their system.
    I also don't run phsyX because it is completely unstable. Random crashing on deploy with it on, 6 hour sessions with it off.
  18. Thudruckus

Oh I'm sorry princess. http://imgur.com/wRsn895

My mistake, it was #2 top score and #5 for top kills that day.. at least from a couple of days ago. I don't screenshot all the leaderboard rankings I make. I'm only BR 88 right now so you'll have to forgive me.

Yeah, bad FPS? Right. Funny how right now I have #51 all time benchmarks on 3dmark 11 extreme with 3 GPUs. Oh and actually it seems I have the highest I5 rank ever with 3 gpus.... and something like #6 using 670s.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/6410095 Because I know you need the proofs.

Apparently you just suck? I guess needing ever little help to try and keep up, you should probably keep it off. Us big boys enjoy it. Maybe one day, someday, you too can take the training wheels off.
  19. Thudruckus

20. Dragam

Neither of your "proof" proves anything, as i dont see your forum name linked to either of them.

If you do indeed have very good fps, then you have no use for motion blur - you do understand that its purely used to cover up for sluggish gameplay, which is caused by low fps, right? All you get from it being enabled (while having high fps) is alot of blur... which in turn makes it harder to see the enemy.

Why do you think the majority competetive players in fps games, turns all kinds of blur off? So they can see stuff 100% clear, thus react much faster.

I like how you try to belittle me though - if that dude youve posted is indeed you, then you have half the kdr i have on both my men, and thats while youre spamming the mossie... so all you have, is alot of playtime, facerolling in the mossie... i can see how that makes you a very big boy...

In any case, if you want to gi.mp yourself by using motion blur, then be my guest.