Matherson VS....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Negator, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Littleman

From my perspective as a VS last night, it seemed more like mindlessly rushing the least populated hex adjacent to the warpgate, only to fail once TE showed up en masse because no one could be bothered to even consider my warning to camp the spawn room with their tanks before that happened. Also, bio-lab campage.

Then I opted to go back TR because playing as VS was frustrating, fought on Amerish some, and we got hit by a lag $#!%-storm the likes PS2 rarely ever sees. End of the night for me. Actually rather amused we had that many people online. Seems like forever ago we could pop lock Indar and hold massive fights on another continent.

It's probably going to get a lot harder to hold a cont lock after the lattice is in. Also, lol at anyone denying an 800 killstreak hacker didn't cheaply hand them their lock. Seriously, it's like taking pride in running and winning a marathon on a motorcycle.
  2. mpal

Oh really, how about you tell us about how a cheater some how time traveled 5 hours into the future and gave the VS our lock. Do you even know what faction the cheater was a part of? Honestly, its amazing to me how ******** people can be.

Since you clearly weren't there, here's a run down of what happened. The TR lost their lock to the cheater, which is unfortunate, but then he got banned/logged and 5 hours later when the VS had 45% pop on indar was when we started to warpgate the TR. This was while an alert was active on esamir or amerish, mind you. The NC held out in a biolab at 22% until we broke the TR at 33% pop. The real thing that ****** the TR over was not being coordinated enough (read: late at night) to get the lancers/lashers/burster maxes off the cliffs of copper ravine and old auraxium. Overall, good fights were had aside from being late at night.

Just an FYI with regard to TE; they bring half of the TR faction with them where ever they go, regardless of how many enemies are in their path. Most people with crappy comps avoid those fights because they are unbearable. Its pretty obvious that until the platoon leaders of TE realize that they'd do a lot more damage, or try, by splitting up and capping different territories (or get better fights) people are going to continue to back cap them. Especially against outfits that run one platoon, rather than 2 or 3. Or until the lattice system comes into effect.
  3. EnviousCipher

VS are playing Indarside, what else is new?
  4. TeknoBug

I've been on Amerish and Esamir a lot, haven't bothered with Indar mostly because of queues but everytime I looked at Indar it was mostly purple, not just at 2am in the morning like Bape says.
    Before I deleted my TR alt on Matherson I've been in those zergs, zerging with TR is the only way to go because there's almost no other squad/platoons that runs on their own. Well maybe a few now after the Soltech merge, but even TR players don't like their own faction sometimes, I've come across constant arguing on command chat and constant TK'ing and blowing up friendly vehicles intentionally (and I still see it happen from a VS and NC perspective).
  5. Jaloro

You're maths is terribad. TE start the evening with around 6 squads and that goes up to around 10 later on.

But lets give them the benefit of the doubt and say 3 platoons. 12 x 12 = 144 people. On a locked continent you have 666 TR.

144 does not equal 333. It doesn't even equal a quarter.
  6. mpal

You forget the other outfits and zerg that runs with them. Plus continents rarely reach full pop unless its Friday night or during alerts. Do you even play on mattherson?
    • Up x 1
  7. Vintorez

TR capped it during an alert to cap on of the other continents, then we capped it during another alert. Players have caught on to the tactic and enough people stay on indar to prevent such capping any more.
  8. Sebyos

What's happening here is Mattherson created it's own metagame as SoE didn't give us any. For me tough, I see continent locking as a really poor replacement and I really don't care about it.
    • Up x 1
  9. Holomang

You seem to be confused... are you not aware of command chat?

What you're referring to is the TR.
  10. Negator

because EVERYONE cared (read, TR) when TR took it a while back
  11. PEETREE

meh. 10% isn't that much when resources flow like Niagara falls
  12. Strykar

We won 2 alerts this evening and maintained our Indar lock after they tried to snag it during the Esamir alert. There have been multiple attempts in the past few days to break our lock but they were all thwarted. Great job VS, keep up the good work and remember, these haters are just hatin' because they're aren't on top like us. ;)
  13. TriumphOfMan

14. Strykar

Keep bringing up something from 2-3 weeks ago and use it as an excuse for not being able to break the lock now. It shows how affected you guys are.
  15. TriumphOfMan

Hey, you gotta cheat to win then you gotta cheat to win.

Do what you gotta do.
  16. NoblesseOblige

I want to know why TR can climb out of the damn cavern, push VS all the way to their warpgate, but NC can't do the same thing on the MUCH EASIER TO DO SIDE of Indar.
    The conspiracy theorist in me claims that it's because NC doesn't want VS to lose lock, because then they wouldn't be able to spare 90% pop on the other two continents since they'll be fighting for Indar again.
    the realist in me claims that NC just w ant to farm the biolab and are VERY BAD at the game, carried only by how OP their weapons are, alone.
  17. Strykar

The NC cheated, not VS.

Gotta come up with excuses cause you lose. Don't worry, you're not the first to be butt sore.

They tried. Many of these attempts to break the Indar lock involved NC and TR focusing against the VS, it's just that people are more willing to fight against the NC because they're easier targets, therefore the NC has a harder time reaching the warpgate than the TR does.
  18. EnviousCipher

You only got it because NC simply don't care about anything and most of TR simply stopped playing for a week after the cheater incidence.

Suffice to say, you took it with the easiest to defend warpgate on Indar at a time when the only real challenge on the server was non-existent. Whoopde****ingdoo.
  19. Strykar

And 3 weeks later, we still got it. :) Stay affected.

Forum warrioring for the VS since 429BC.
  20. VanuSovereignty

I think everyone is getting upset about nothing and cont locks aren't worth being upset about.