No love for the merc?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Batisat, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Batisat

I've hardly seen anyone using the merc anymore, is it really that bad? I've started looking at the stats and it seem to be one of the faster time to kill guns with 167 damage and 600 rounds per min, any thoughts?
  2. Corezer

I love the merc, It is a great mid range carbine!
  3. Batisat

Might I ask how do you get it to work? I tried not moving and everything but I still can't get my hits on target.(Note this is when I have the sight directly on the target)
  4. ClickMe

Merc is the best all-around NC carbine. Good damage, good recoil, fast reload, enough ammo for multiple kills (non-issue anyway due to fast reload), not limited by range, and most of all... it's free. Razor is another alternative with even faster reload, however it costs 1k certs and has more annoying recoil (preference thing).

GD-7F is good, but it's much worse for medium range than merc, and the constant 3s reloading really brings it down in my book. Merc is just pure run 'n gun, whereas GDF is like run - shoot - cover - reload - run - shoot - cover - reload.
  5. lilleAllan

I've auraxiummed GD-7F. Now working on the Merc with the grip. I kind of like it, but not for close encounters.
    It's a gimped version of my much adored Gauss Rifle.
  6. vaxx

Its probably my favorite carbine. I would trade my Jag for it on my TR, and I would trade any carbine on my VS for it.

Seriously love it. Fits the way I play LA perfectly. Even in short range with a headshot or 2, it can stand up to the higher RoF carbines.
  7. tutzdesPS

I like merc, but now I use Gauss Compact S. I found I really need these 2 grenades for finishing off the vehicles. GCS is really a Mercenary with slower RoF and reload. Quite good weapon all around.
  8. thePankakeManne

Initially, I despised it. Now, it might not be my favorite, but it's dependable and good for a lot of situations. No complaints, but there's better.
  9. Ghoest

The merc is good and its the most balanced NC carbine.

GD-7F if you want to zap people up close
    Gauss S if you need the grenades
    Razor if you are extremely recoil adverse
    AC-X11 if you like slow firing harder hitting guns

Gauss Burst if you are an idiot
  10. BluescalesNZ

I have mine kitted out with x2 Reflex, Laser Sight and Suppressor, being able to play as LA and sit in little perches and blow several people away without giving away my position too quickly is great. After messing around in VR I'm considering swapping out the Laser Sight for the Foregrip, because I tend to use at longer ranges anyhow. Not sure what I'll buy after I've got the Auraxium Medal for it though, none of the other carbines are really jumping out at me.
  11. GigaClutch

The gauss burst isn't that bad, the recoil is incredibly good as well as the accuracy. However mashing click isn't very practical, especially for long peroids
  12. LibertyRevolution

Merc ain't to bad.. but the GD-7F is so much better that I wont use my merc now that I have it.
  13. Aparition

Razor is a beast :)
    The massive bullet velocity lets you touch enemies so easily, even with a suppressor.
  14. Bersigil

Merc + IR/NV+Grip. 1200 Kills with this combo and NEVER regretted having int equiped. in short bursts it nails targets out to 100m before most enemies can even react. Its not ideal in really close quarters (sub 10m) but the slower firing rate will at least keep you from having to reload in a cqb-situation.
    If you play your LA to its fullest - which for me is flying in, shooting enemies in the back, flying out, shooting enemies from the rooftop, repeat... then you need a versatile carbine. The merc is just that.
  15. Flashtirade

I'll probably go back to the merc after I auraxium the compact s. The grenade launcher comes in handy a lot.
  16. Mekhazzio

The Pulsar C is a slightly gimped Mercenary. A little slower reload, a little lower ROF and a little worse vertical recoil. So, it's pretty much entirely worse, but it's at least close. By far the best carbine on the VS side.
  17. vaxx

I wouldn't go that far in saying the Pulsar C is the best VS carbine. Its ok, and decent, but cant really compare to the Merc IMO.
  18. LibertyRevolution

I love my solstice with forward grip... Fast reload, good ROF, easily manageable recoil, why buy another carbine?
  19. Aresius

Get the TrueShot 4x scope (not the other 4x one, that's horrible), a forward grip and a silencer; around 20-30 meters it's devastating. If you would slap a laser sight on it... It's not very good at cqc, and you might as well just go with a shotgun or the GD-7F. I got auraxium this way, now working on getting it on the AC-X11 with the same setup.
  20. CanadianAttackBeaver

Same setup I use. I also like the IRNV scope on it.