SOE whats this ? New ability for VS max could ruins the balance between infantry and maxs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stew360, Apr 25, 2013.

1. JP_Russell

I could definitely see ZOE being potentially overpowered in tandem with flamethrowers. Biggest balancing factor on scattercannons and their ilk is slow movement for closing the distance. But the general reaction to flamethrowers on the test server so far seems to be that they have pretty major issues with the MAX weapon displacement, so that remains to be seen.

Without pairing it with a close quarters burst damage weapon, though, I don't see it being that impressive.
  2. Total_Overkill

I thought about posting stats and corrections and posting a dev video *blah blah blah*

... but then i realized this was a Stew topic...
    • Up x 2
  3. ih8Darian

That's a part of the ZOE module. It's supposed to increase bullet damage and speed. But it also increases the amount of damage to take in order to balance you out.
  4. Obscura

Bullet damage and speed. That can easily refer to the speed of the bullet, not the speed of the max. Where is the confirmation of this from soe or higby?
  5. PieBringer

Oh, so he's just the new "Imgladumad"? Huh, I'll have to make a note of that. *Opens personal notebook*
  6. JP_Russell

They talked about it on Command Center. From the sounds of it, a ZOE MAX will probably be a little faster than normal infantry.
  7. ih8Darian

It does not increase the speed of the bullet, it's only the speed of the max and the damage input for max. I've seen it somewhere, pretty sure by Higby, but I can't seem to find it. Seriously though we shouldn't be worrying about completely unknown max abilities (I can understand the complaints against anchor TR maxes because it's actually in test server).
    I might look harder when I'm not tired
  8. Van Dax

video was posted in February vanu max weapons have drasticly changed since then, hence why half the vanu faction wants refunds on cosmos.
  9. Nocturnal7x

I would like for VS to be OP again, im tired of all the complaining about NC, NC needs to go back to being the underdog.
  10. {joer

You mean Stew360, where everything is unbalanced against the NC? You would think he would get bored by now.
  11. Copasetic

So, like a scatmax?
  12. Xasapis

OP are you seriously complaining because the VS max will be better than one HA? Seriously? I mean ... seriously?
  13. HAYMAKER

NO, THIS IS SPARTAAAAA !!!!
    • Up x 2
  14. MGP

Wait wha...
    NC whining about MAX ballance?
    NOW i've seen everything...
  15. InMedeasRage

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dual nebula's gonna chew off your FACE scat max!
  16. Rebornvanu

This is VANU!

Could be a cool ability. The mentioned berserk mode is a joke. They also could give us a giant mirror ball. Should have the same effectivity than the berserk mode and would be in line with the high heel shoes from our maxes.
  17. DramaticExit

Posting in a Stew360 thread.
  18. C0L0NELH0GAN

Enough said
  19. Stew360

Is that all you have to say ? blablabla NC maxs blablabla Maxs maxs

WHAT ABOUT THINKING ABOUT THE REAL PROBLEM ?

BALANCE BETWEEN MAXS AND INFANTRY I DO NOT CARE ABOUT MAXS VS MAXS MAXS VS MAXS IS BALANCED MAXS VS INFANTRY IS ONLY BALANCE WITH THE MAXS BEEN SLUGISH AND SLOWER SO YOU CAN PLAY CATS AND MOUSE WITH THEM THE VS MAXS ABILITY WILL RUINS THIS BALANCE PERIOD !!
  20. Sebyos

HAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH This guy is a joke close the thread.
    • Up x 1