ESF Undocumented changes

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Badname82, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Badname82

Reaver vortek appears to have been moved logically if not visibly. Convergence from the cockpit is now gone. Playing with it now. Unsure yet if other factions got the same love.

Anyone notice anything else?
    • Up x 2
  2. unAimed

Tested it with Mosquito - Changed as well - Rotary fire originates right in the middle.
  3. Finli

Oddly enough they did this with the Magrider as well. Shot originates from your crosshair so we can shoot over cover now.
    • Up x 1
  4. Fed

Yeah, here's my testing of it.

• Up x 1
  5. Exolon

Doesn't this look really weird from outside the vehicle? As if the bullets are fired from the cockpit
  6. unAimed

And with the Prowler as well - no more shooting at corners - thank god!
    • Up x 1
  7. nubery

FINALLY! Ty SOE.
  8. tbot

This will get interesting when it gets live :) happy to see it gone!
  9. Ripshaft

Hmmm... I don't like this, hopefully they're just messing around.... but I kind of doubt they'd go to all this trouble =/
  10. buff as hell irl

This change also effects scythe rocket pods in a really significant way: when you fire them in first person, they no longer originate from the pods, but your point of view, meaning they're effectively firing one high damage rocket that lands where you're aiming rather than a pair of normal damage rockets that land near where you're aiming. A massive, massive buff. The Magrider can also fire from a hull down position now as a result of this change.

To any SOE dev who reads this forum, please respond, are these changes intentional?

Both of these changes would drastically change the way I play the Magrider and Scythe, with the Scythe change meaning way more kills on infantry due to them being much easier to hit directly, and the Magrider change meaning I'm basically never going to lose a tank duel again, especially when I have a gunner.
  11. Radec594

Such a GOOD change, and it goes undocumented?
    SOE has weird priorities :)
    • Up x 1
  12. Threat

If this carried over to infantry weapons then couldn't the Mini-Chaingun model be changed back to the original, Planetside 1, model?

[IMG]

Pretty please. Since as I've heard the only reason it is the way it is now is because it couldn't shoot over cover, et cetera.
    • Up x 1
  13. gigastar

So my Magrider can now use a low rock as cover like the Lightning, Vanguard and Prowler can?

Sweet.
    • Up x 1
  14. r1stormrider

Has anyone else noticed that after a patch on the test server, this was REMOVED? Anyone have an idea why? Apparently it affected other vehicles like the mag, but after a patch I noticed these changes are now gone.. Can anyone else confirm?