ADAD macro

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ZoeAlleyne, Apr 24, 2013.

1. St0mpy

There have been already threads on this, ill say again stop making stupid rumors, just thinking that someone could usfully macro ADADAD to use in play is totally misunderstanding, using a bind sequence is so unreliable and locks you into timers and sequences for situations you just cannot predict, it would get you killed more than be useful.

How is it that your hand will move to a different key to press the adad macro faster than just pressing the two keys your fingers are already attached to? If you are 90, have a gammy hand or are just generally lame it might help you, but for everyone else just press the damn ADAD keys and stop feeding the rumor mill.

Macros may help some things but flinch ADAD spam in a game is not one of them. Thats just mindblowingly stupid :D
    • Up x 1
  2. Wobberjockey

i'd like to point out that i bout my razer naga because it had 12 buttons under my thumb, not because of the macro features. those are a nice bonus.

but you're off your bloody rocker if you think that banning users because of their choice of input device is EVER going to happen.
    the accountants wouldn't allow it, and SOE's name would never recover in the gaming community
  3. P149U3

macros are for nubs ----- AD crouch ADAD crouch is where it is at
  4. KAHR-Alpha

I've found this about PS1, but I have to admit I've never seen anyone move like that on PS2, so no idea:

5. ent|ty

I macro'd the WoW Death Knight and leveled up pretty much with 1 button.

Yeah thats what it looks like. It covers much more distance than simply strafing ADAD.

I've seen myself on someone else's monitor (his player looking at me) while I did so.. I just looked stupid flicking back and forth, but it certainly wasn't like that video.

I see that a lot, especially with the ODIN outfit on Connery. They have that down pat, since most of them are doing it in firefights against me.. it works.. I can't kill them fast enough.
  6. h00n

Strafing is now an exploit.

Kids these days.
    • Up x 3
  7. Armchair

Strafing isn't the problem. Obviously you don't understand the issue at hand.
  8. LibertyRevolution

Most people aim for the center mass in this game, as it is run and gun style shooter, so I wouldn't duck..
    Your putting your head in their crosshair for them. :p
  9. ThundaHawkPS

10. h00n

Obviously this is babby's first fps
  11. Ghosty11

Any of the modern programmable keyboards will allow a user to create just such a macro that you describe which are undetectable by the game client due to the fact that the macros are built in to the keyboard and register to the PC as standard key inputs.
  12. Phazaar

Buying equipment in CS.

Game, set and match.

SWG had macroing built in and thoroughly encouraged within the game; it made competitive PVP as much about how well you understood the game and its nuances as how fast you could spam 1, 1, 1, 4, 1, 1, 1, 3, 1, 1, 1, 2.
  13. loleator

This. Also I would understand macroing 3 in wow where it's very neccesary as you just can't activate 3 ability enhacers, an ability and 2 objects at once. However pressing A and D is something you can do manually without any help unless you don't have fingers. Blaming that on macros is just plain ignorance.
    • Up x 1
  14. Nobalification

there is option how to nerf adad :) (i call it nerf cuz u know). Nerf strafe movement speed to right and left hmm maybe about 50%? or 70%
  15. Advanced Darkness

Heh correct. And to the Internet know it all who posted above you Binding that adad to a key on your programmable keyboard or mouse works. People should try it before they post about it like they have some experience.

Razer deathstalker does the trick and has the option to toggle playback on or off. No need to hold a key. Very quick click and you're moving side to side while shooting and cracking up the whole time because of how well it works.
  16. INFP

Just one you say? How about a buy script in CS?
  17. MurderBunneh

Wow first off you are ********. Second I guess people that bought $2000 PC's to play games and run this at 60-100 fps have an unfair advantage too right?

Bad, whining, mostly grown people crying like babies over a game this place is pathetic.