Please be more creative with the TR

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Eclipson, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Eclipson

So first of all, I want to say the new Max rocket launchers are awesome. I can tell you really put some work into them . . . well . . . at least the NC and VS onces. The NC and VS max rocket launchers look and feel awesome. They are also good. The NC get a portable Mana AV turrent. The VS max gets dual lancers. What does the TR get? A spamming rocket launcher. Thats it! Now I know you could argue that it will be more effective then the others, but your know what, I could care less. What I really want is a weapon I could enjoy using. I know the TR unique trait is having the highest rate of fire, but really guys, please be more creative with the TR. The Striker was an annihilator 2.0, these are dumbfire spam rockets which will encourage no new gameplay. The TR ones will be good, just like the Striker is good, but they will be the most unentertaining to us. They even look and sound bland. Please put a bit more work into the TR rocket launchers, because in their current state, there is nothing about them that makes me want them.
    Again, great job with the NC and VS ones anyway!
    • Up x 9
  2. -Synapse-

I'm still waiting for those swarm rockets the said the atrokwr (striker*, how in the world did my tablet mess it up so badly...?) would fire...
    • Up x 3
  3. Ash87

If you want fun to use, get your chainguns and lockdown mode. Seriously it's like having the Gauss carbine on each hand, you eat through health like a 2 week starved fat man sitting infront of a buffet table.

Or get your harasser with a vulcan and turbo
  4. Ryko Nailo

This is a joke thread right? The new TR AV Max guns are powerful and are completely unique models and animations, granted I think the NC Sparrows still win mostly thanks to that huge splash that murders infantry on top of huge laser guided damage. But the VS Heavy Beamers are literally Lancers turned Assault Rifles, hardly a unique model, and they have horrendous accuracy that is somehow even worse then the Vanu Maxes AI guns.

And all the guns mechanics have been done before, TR are dumbfire rockets, NC are Engie AT turrets and VS are Lancers or try to be. While I'll agree the TR got shafted on the HA rocket, its not like the Max AV are unique on NC or VS. I do wish they'd look at PS1 for inspiration but even then the theme sorta is 'VS is experimental alien tech', 'NC is jury rigged equipment turned weapon' and "TR is standard military tech', unique mechanics aren't really TR's deal.
  5. Garmr

You chose the boring faction

Better get used to miniguns and fast firing weapons, that's the TR way.
  6. -Synapse-

Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't aware the point of faction traits was to make one of the three really boring. And let's face it, most of the "fancy experimental tech" is stuff we already use I'm the modern world. The fact that TR keeps getting shafted by uncreative weapon design speaks poorly of the people who come up with this stuff, and I strongly recommend a redesign.
    Dumb fire = boring. Lock-on = boring.
    Let's get some fresh ideas please, this is getting old fast.
    • Up x 4
  7. Ranik

As i said in the other thread.

"If TR is going to be boring. Make them customizable. Give the fracture the option of default AP rounds or purchasable HE rounds"
  8. felfox

As 'boring' as your rockets are, extended mag with lockdown makes these things insane scatter missiles. Our heavy beamers are over-sized VS pistols with accuracy so poor they would have to be point blank and still would manage to miss... Seeing as we were given the name 'starfire' I was at least expecting something akin to the halo needler and not terrible lancer pistols.

Honestly with things like lockdown and vulcan buggies and NC laser missiles and scatter maxes, I'm starting to get really bored with the 'sci fi experimental tech' faction :/ With the ZOE 'stat booster' ability... just feels like there is nothing that really rewards fun game play on VS :/
  9. Tycoh

They need to fire the creative designer for TR. Most of these "futuristic" weapons are way below performance standards to modern weaponry today. Hell we have scatter bombs that blow up when near a heat signature. TR is still stuck in the 1970's in weapons department.
    • Up x 2
  10. St0mpy

I complain about the Phoenix a lot, not just for its powerful one shot on ESF, its power against infantry and vehicles, or its huge tactical advantage having a flying camera gives around bases, nor because users hide behind cover to hit/kill things who cant see you, but also Phoenix (and the Lancer with its charge up) is downright fun to use and was a unique addition irrespective of score/kills/OPness or how tactically gamebreaking they are or arent.

This can be said in other areas, scythes have powerful to use on the move double impacting pew pew rockets plus are great fun manoeuvring around cover where mossies (with tails) fear to tread, reavers have fun with the shotguns and low level strafing, what do the mossies get? A banshee which is frankly just another rotary with slightly more spread and utter pants against air vehicles (unlike the reaver shotgun, awesome against both), the lolpds are boringly normal, sure it has a clip of speed, its 4% faster including afterburns but thats not fun in itself, I dont notice 4% more of anything really.

TR infantry weapons are generic and mostly boring, sound wise they are generic too, they dont sound cool and gurgly like a gauss or that pyow pyow of the VS shotgun, TR get a demented woodpecker in a mahogany box for all their carbines, ratttatatattat, urrgh. I actually fit suppressors to some of my guns just to change that sound up.

Oh the tanks, magging about mowing around the foothills is fun, even the vanguard has its blue shield like the heavy *(when it works) and the TR? Anchor mode, fires a bit faster. humm, well its functional, prowlers are good, no complaints about useage, just being stuck in one place for a skill ts not really fun. It gets the job done a bit better than without, thats all.

So yeah, while we can argue a lot about power and balance, Im agree theres a lot of the unique fun element missing from TR that we see in other factions. and while this new lockdown MAX will probably be stupidly OP (probably irresponsibly OP as far as the general game goes) its not giving us any new dynamic, its just the same but a bit faster.
    • Up x 3
  11. -Synapse-

12. S0LAR15

This looks like such s joke now lol.

Also dumb necro.
  13. -Synapse-

How so?