New on Public Test: 4/24 Edition - Get Some Harasser Buggy

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by JGood, Apr 24, 2013.

1. JGood

We have a new build up on the public test server for everyone to check out. There are a number of changes associated with it, but here’s some of the stuff that jumped out at me:
    • The Harasser buggy is now available to all factions on test server
      • A three person vehicle with a driver, a gunner, and a (MAX capable) rumble seat
    • The map and minimap should now respect your empire color selections
    • VR zone consumables no longer eat your resources when resupply them
    • Explosives that are set to auto resupply will now attempt to purchase up to the max equip count for an item based on your available resources
    • Placed deployables should no longer disappear (to your client) when a you travel 300 meters away from them
    • Added a toggle for the empire-colored explosion animations on the map
    • Single Use Camos are being hidden in the marketplace. Very few people use/purchase them and with the recent loadout changes that show unpurchased items they are bloating the UI.
    • Refactored the Map UI so it’s performance should be significantly improved with the new hex system
    • The new MAX abilities didn't make this build but they are super close to hitting test, so keep an eye out over the next few days – it shouldn't be too long.
    As always, we're eager to hear any feedback you guys have. Thanks!
    • Up x 6
  2. Elrobochanco

Oh hello mini tutorial.
  3. Duvenel

This might seem like a bit of a stupid question and I don't know how this currently works in the live patch,

"Placed deployables should no longer disappear (to your client) when a you travel 300 meters away from them."

Does this mean that if an enemy is next to your deployable and then travels further than 300 meters, will it still be visible to the enemy and allies as well as to me if that enemy happened to travel back to it?
  4. CHDT65

Has the driver access to a weapon?
  5. JGood

No, there is no driver weapon. The driver drives, the gunner guns, and the rumble seat rumbles.
    • Up x 18
  6. Messaiga

Nope, it is all about the gunner and the guy in the rumble seat. I feel using an HA in the back with a lock-on weapon while the gunner's turret is also Anti-Vehicle would be very useful.
  7. JGood

Looks like we had some stuff get pushed to public test early. We will rectify shortly.
  8. CHDT65

So, the driver.... drives.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Please, SOE, one day, this one:

(turret aimed either by the driver or a passenger)
  9. Taelus

Don't know if this bug or whether it just me.

I can't seem to spawn an Harasser.

At a Vehicle Terminal clicking on the Harasser button does not render the vehicle in the load out section (just the spinning timer graphic). When I click to spawn a Harasser I'm sent back to first person view. Without being transported to the vehicle. The re-spawn timer has activated, furthermore the vehicle icon is shown on the right side of the screen...but no Harasser.

Anyone else encountered this?
  10. Messaiga

So is the Max meant to have dual handheld Empire Specific Rocket Launchers, cause if it is then the Comet, Falcon, and Pounder are gonna be really outclassed.
  11. SpaceKing

Single use camo would probably get purchased more if they could be safely unequipped and re-equipped without deleting them (but remain tied to that loadout slot)

It'd also be nice to have an option to purchase single-use or multi-use at the purchase/preview screen rather than having a separate listing cluttering up the Depot and selection screen
    • Up x 2
  12. OddChelsea

"The Harasser buggy is now available to all factions on test server
    A three person vehicle with a driver, a gunner, and a (MAX capable) rumble seat"
    *golden light shines out of my monitor and angels themselves sing out of my speakers* It's... it's beautiful...
    • Up x 1
  13. Ash87

No, the driver's job is to make coffee.
    • Up x 1
  14. Torok

the tutorial starter area was so awesome, i tell you, i did it and enjoyed it so much! you should put it live ASAP! it's great and even dubbed already! :D

Good Job on that one!!!!
  15. UnrealGaz

Harasser: From what I exerpainced of it this is the fist vehicle that's has the "cool" factor in it 1 driver 1 gunner 1 rumble seat(how it should be in tanks...cough cough)overall it feels very good handbrake turns are run and its quite fast.

TR max lockdown:the little I got to try of this beauty....oh boy ill say this you thought the striker was good at AA? limited fireing arc fast reloads and a really fast fireing rate those dual onslaughts with this baby will lock down a place defensivly for sure

Grenade launchers for max: these are obiously still being tested can fire them way too fast but a very limited clip size and blast radius seems smaller than normal grenades.

Flamethrowers:again still in testing seems to take a lot of damage to kill someone nice clipsize and decent reload speed nothing op about these as it stands.

sparrows nc max anti tank:These are OP in the current build on the test server laser guided missles pretty much AV turret and both arms hit very very hard tanks are rare enough as it is we dident need thse yet.

TR Max anti tank arms: dident trial these much tbh so cant comment but you can fire these as normal.there rockets

Max nc riot shield:Shield looks like it could go a little bigger and cover more frontal armor looks small to the guy whos using it could be usefull in certain situations.

Starfire VS max: this is dual lancer arms strapped onto a max however on the little testing I tried these seem pretty inaccurate so these are still being tested for 100% certainty
  16. disky00

The driver's job is to drive the RIDICULOUSLY FUN vehicle. That said, as someone who plays alone a lot, I do miss having something to defend myself with and I'll probably just keep using my beloved Flash.
    • Up x 1
  17. SpaceKing

I was hoping for a 4 seat but MAX capability is also awesome, the MAX's AV weapons will get some usage now that they can flank around enemy armor quickly and blast them.

Then again, hyper-mobile rumble-seat MAXes with dual bursters are going to eat into the Skyguard's role a bit more.
  18. ChrisLand

Agreed.

Not to mention it should have been in at launch................................................................
    • Up x 1
  19. Zaxudih

When will the test server be up? I've been dying to test out that buggy since it was announced!
  20. Messaiga

Same, I think they are removing a few things that were not supposed to be there so it won't be up until they finish that.