PS2 Playlist - What's yours?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Otulien, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Otulien

I know I cannot be the only one out there who doesn't like the empty, boring silence of day-to-day Planetside gameplay. Don't get me wrong - the game has an awesome soundtrack. (From a Vanu's POV.) But it doesn't play often enough for me. I always have to have background music playing to enjoy the heat and drama of a battle. There's just nothing like timing headshots to the dramatic points of a song. I even have specific songs for Traveling to a Hotspot, or Flying a Scythe. I even have class specific songs; Reggae with Medic, Dubstep and Techno for the Infiltrator, and dramatic music for the LA.

That being said, I would like to know what your playlist is, if you have one. And If you don't, why not?

> Inb4 "Doesn't belong in PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion noob!##$%@#"
    It is a discussion of my Gameplay experience in PlanetSide 2. So there.

I will now commence posting my long and epic playlist. The actual count is 121 Items, + various songs from YouTube. But I will only post the most prominent ones. Damn right, They are all seperate links for Youtube. You're Welcome.

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here,
    Tomahawk - Crow Dance,
    Pink Floyd - Shine on you Crazy Diamond, <--- Great for travel time, 26 minutes long.
    Tom Waits - Hell Broke Luce,
    Infected Mushroom remix of People Are Strange by The Doors,
    The Tea Party - Emerald,
    Massive Attack - Angel,
    AwolNation - Sail, <--- Outfit Theme Song
    Unlimited Gravity remix of AwolNation's Sail, <--- I have about 10 other remixes of the song. This is my favourite.
    A Perfect Circle - Imagine,
    Blue Foundation - Eyes On Fire,
    Depeche Mode - Soothe My Soul,
    Dj Dela - Bleed,
    Queen - Don't Stop Me Now,
    Eisenfunk - Pong,
    CombiChrist - This is my Rifle, <--- And everything else they ever put out. Great band.
    Epic Score - They Hit Without Warning,
    F.O.O.L. - The Theif,
    Fable TLC - Guild theme,
    Full Metal Alchemist OST - Brothers, Infiltration and Amestris,
    Hellsystem - Shut Up and Die,
    Esmasesh - I am L,
    Johnny Cash - Ain't No Grave,
    Klauss Goulart - No Man's Land,
    KMFDM - Krank,
    Marco V - Universal Godd (As preformed by Dj Stana),
    Timber Timber - Magic Arrow,
    Talking Heads - Burning Down the House,
    Dishonored OST - Drunken Whaler,
    Skyrim OST - Sovngarde,
    Weber - Der Freischütz, <--- Classical music goes Hand-in-Hand with (digital) Murder.
    Two Steps From Hell - BlackHeart.

Again, this is only a snippet of my collection. If any of the links don't work, lemme know. There is a lot of them :p

*Disclaimer*
    WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
    These songs were not filtered for profanity and/or nudity or other malicious content.
    The poster (Otulien) Does not claim to own any rights or priviledges to the songs listed above.
    All links are for Youtube.
    OP doesn't know how to write Disclaimers.
  2. phreec

The cries of my enemies!

No but seriously, I rarely have music on when playing FPS games since it dampens my situational awareness too much. Pinpointing footsteps, groans, shots etc with my headset is too much to give up IMO.
  3. Gustavo M

>Rushing towards a sniper nest

>Everything else
    • Up x 1
  4. Bobghiskhan

Netflix. I'm on Star Trek season 3 now.
  5. yama

I listen to the BSG 2003 soundtrack.
  6. Nichivo

Music would kinda defeat turning off all the in game proximity chat, music, and garbage, and adjusting the sound settings so you hear important things like footsteps, vehicles approaching in the distance, cloak activation, jump jets(which now are really loud).
  7. Otulien

A valid point.

I've never been a fan of in game SFX though. I find I'm usually fighting the big fights, so if I've got SFX cranked up all I hear is a clusterf*ck of groans, shots, cloaks and JJ, which is just as depressing as empty silence. If I'm going solo-infiltrator, or ghost capping, I will occasionally turn the music off at the least. For everything else, it's just not worth it. I generally seriously dissaprove of sound whoring, as not everyone has the same set up, and it can be considered as an unfair advantage.

In short - The mini-map is my friend.

And as for Proximity Chat - that sh*t is permanantly muted. There's not enough good coming out of it to outweigh the bad.

EDIT: Why is it that Threads with ignorant and moronic content get more veiws and replies than ones that actually have somthing that somewhat useful / intelligent to say?