Shotguns spoiling infantry combat.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DeltaGun, Apr 22, 2013.

1. DeltaGun

Hmm, maybe. The automatic ones are pretty nasty though. And the semi-auto ones are still annoyingly deadly at under 8m. Honestly I just thought specifying "pump-action" every time would be tiresome.
  2. crazyoldfart

I admit shoguns are not really exciting to run around with. I'm a gun nut and would have every gun in the game if I could. I like to get a new gun, cert in out and play with it for several days. I understand that it may not be the right gun for what I'm trying to do, but I want to play with it. If I'm getting killed to much I will switch to the proper gun for the task.
    It sound to me like some people don't want to switch to the proper tool for ultra close combat. Less than 7 meters for a OHK. No more deadly than any other close range weapon after 7 meters.
    I been playing with my Serpent and Orion since the weekend, Kinda skipped over them playing with other weapons, I don't remember having a problem with shotguns, A few deaths to them but know big deal. I don't remember breaking out the shotgun once.
    Now what I finding out is these guns are so good certed out I'm not sure I want to give them up, even for my beloved shotgun in CQC. But I will grab a shotty if someone needs a blast to the face I can't deliver otherwise.

Oh yeah. The VR rooms has lines marking meters on the range so you can test effective range of shotguns for yourself.
  3. DeltaGun

"Can't kill shotgun users with a machine gun? Should have brought a whole team to back you up!" Nice argument man. It holds no water though.

How about the rambos with a pump-action, who one shot everyone in a room before anybody even realizes they're there. Conveninet how you're ignoring those rambos.

I said new free-to-play players don't have shotguns, which is an indisputable fact. Never once mentioned noobs. That would be an insult.
  4. Ghosty11

All shotguns using slugs take 2 shots to kill at medium range and 3 to kill at longer ranges. This includes the pumps.

Please don't spread false information.
  5. DeltaGun

Hm, I would change the meters comment if I could. Truth is I live in America and we use feet... and I'm not in the military or in the engineering business. Unfortunately the OP is uneditable. My point was they are best in CQC.

I know what you mean about the weapons, but in my experience, I pretty much only get killed by infantry in CQC if the enemy had a shotgun or if they got the jump on me. I can't really speak for anyone else and I'm not trying to, but this is my personal experience. Having a shotgun should not be a better tactical advantage than shooting first and accurately, IMO.
  6. Phazaar

Way to completely miss the point in each paragraph. It's nice to see that even after a mod stepping into the thread, you're still getting beaten pillar to post by people who aren't swayed by the nonsense.
    • Up x 1
  7. DeltaGun

Good to see you're still contributing to the thread instead of making personal attacks against myself.. oh wait.
  8. crazyoldfart

Most likely the guy you though you were shooting in the back had already turned around. It happens a lot with players and vehicles. I walked up to a guy crouching and facing the other way only to get shot cause he really had already seen me and turned around on his screen, just not mine.
  9. vaxx

PA's should not have been released. They got down voted, but SOE still released them.

Get killed enough by them, then you buy one, to kill the guy that 1 shotted you, then the cycle continues. All the while SOE is grinning because they made people that didn't want a PA buy one to fight fire with fire.
    • Up x 7
  10. Phazaar

Lie much?

pr 22, 11:09:24 PM GimpGotcha
    KILLED BY Esamir
    [IMG]
    TRS-12 Uppercut

Apr 22, 11:06:12 PM GimpGotcha
    KILLED BY Esamir
    [IMG]
    TRS-12 Uppercut
    Headshot

Apr 22, 02:55:43 AM moreTvicar
    KILLED BY Indar
    [IMG]
    TRS-12 Uppercut

3 of the deaths in your last 100 kills+deaths were PAS. Two of which were the same guy within a couple of minutes, and (given their recency) most probably the reason you felt the need to come and whine, having been clearly outclassed by a better player.

Unless of course you're saying that 97% of those fights were occuring in long range combat, or that 97% of the people in close quarters did not appear to have pump action shotguns/you got the drop on? The former, of course, undermines your point about the necessity to enter CQC. The latter undermines your point about the necessity to use a PAS to compete.

Which is it? Are you fabricating constructs to prove an otherwise incorrect point, or making a mountain out of a molehill?

PS. 7% of your kills appear to be TKs. Way to be a team player.
    • Up x 3
  11. Phazaar

Can't see a personal attack in there... There's a correction to your reading of a post, and there's an observation on the content of posts in this thread...
  12. Prince Planet

Bring back 1 shot knife kills!!

Then we'll have everyone running around just knifing people CQC.
    • Up x 2
  13. SharpeShooter

god not another shotgun post! I'm totally over this! Shotguns got nerfed they are fine, if you find them the best gun in the game then use them if you don't like using them use another gun! Stop complaining because the so called "best gun in the game" is not your favorite! /thread
    • Up x 1
  14. anaverageguy

Even snipers need to aim for the head to OHK. I think sg users should need a few pellets to land as headshots for a OHK too.
    • Up x 3
  15. ShadWulf

If you're gonna make a post complaining about something, you should probably look to see if your own stats support what you feel.

This thread is based on feelings.

What say you, OP? In your last hundred kills/deaths you've seen very little shotgun action. Are those three deaths really ruining the game for you?

16. Eyeklops

I disagree with the first part, but agree with the second. Regular shotties are fine, but the auto and pump action really don't need to be in this game.
  17. MarlboroMan-E

Half the RoF of pump shotties and half their effectiveness beyond 7 meters. Risk vs reward. Ba-zing.
  18. Eyeklops

Really? You must have went up against the most horrible shotgun users of all time.
  19. WalrusJones

Planetside two is a F2P FPS MMO.

It should be a melting pot of ideas and mechanics that allow the various high points of the genera to shine, at least... That is what I think.

I feel that doing something to make the CQC sprayer omniguns better balanced with the CQC scatterers would be a massive boost to the games validity in filling this role.
    • Up x 1
  20. SgtBreastroker

tl;dr I'm mad because I mindlessly rush bases
    • Up x 1