Terran Republic underpowered?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xArchAngelx, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NGONat

just to have everyone clear!
    the BEST LMG for TR is TGM50, is the more "NC style" LMG TR could afford!
    this will means something?
    NC gun style is the more suitable for PS2 games right now (high damage, low ROF, controllable recoil)
    Having an higher ROF was an advantage with the old flinch, now the only advantage TR are is more ammo on carbines witch is useless cause: more ammo = less damage per bullet = reload after 1-2 kills, exactly like every other fractions, but with a longer reload!
  2. xGreedFuSioN

Although I agree partly, 10 more rounds in carbines is pretty useful, and fractions lol.
    Fractions = Something you learn in 3rd grade
    Factions = What we're talking about.
    edit: oh also i believe all carbines pretty much do 143 dmg, not sure.
  3. xGreedFuSioN

still laughing about fraction, lol
  4. pnkdth

Yet you're asking for buffs to weapons that are already good. CARV is easily controllable, not easy mode like it used to be but when you get a 100 round 750RPM bullet hose you better have some drawback. Haven't really used CARV-S but the "adaptable" weapons tend to be meh across all factions. In terms of ARs/Carbines you're already blessed with 40 rounds per mag and almost identical stats to VS. You also have LC2 and LC3 which are unique due to the 0.75x movement mod. No other faction got this on their carbines. Then you ask for attachments to weapons that already have a easily controllable recoil(the T16 doesn't seem to have any recoil at all and all you need is a grip, and you got a laser beam). Then you say you need a 0.75x movement mod on your MSW-R? It is already the best CQC LMG of all factions, and you want the movement mod as well? Isn't it enough to be the only faction to has this on, two of your best, carbines? You "need" it on all your weapons?

So yeah, you can't have everything. The stuff you ask for would remove unique features from other faction's yet grant TR the "best in class" weapons across the board. I much rather have weapons have their pros and cons, and maintain faction differences than turning one faction/weapon type is easy mode/no brainers.
    • Up x 2
  5. xGreedFuSioN

The worse thing on the carv is the side to side recoil (cant be controlled at all) and an (or at least it feels like it) huge amount of spread.
    magazine size honestly does not matter after 50 rounds or so, after that it's the reload that counts, imo. no way you'll run outta ammo for anything 100-200 is just overkill.
    • Up x 2
  6. GimpyGotcha

I couldn't agree with you more. TR is getting the short end of the stick in just about everyway. Now that they've put in the official stats on the weapons with their RPM and dmg ect. I did some testing between my 3 different factions chars and found some disturbing things.

It has long been said/assumed that "oh well Nc gets more dmg but Tr has higher fire rate" WRONG. Both Vs and Nc get some weapons that have a fire rate 40-50 higher than ANY Tr gun gets And those same ones get More Dmg. And in the cases where their rof isn't higher it is identical yet tr has less dmg. WTF?!

I did the math on Dps based on the new ingame Rpm/Dmg stats and found that MANY Tr guns have 1500-1550 dps yet NO Nc weapon has below 1600-1650. Again WTF?! Every Single case of matching the guns of the same 'role' like smg to smg ect I found the Nc have on avg 100 dps Higher in EVERY CASE than the Tr equal. The smg dps for Nc is over 2k but the Tr is 1900. The VS smg is over 2k as well. And you might say 'oh well the Vs and Nc ones don't have as high of fire rate" Again WRONG they are both Higher rof than the Tr versions by 40!

The next thing you might say is the recoil ect. Well as has been pointed out many times by people, specifically Vs, you can make up for recoil and bullet drop by practice and learning the weapon but you Can NOT make up for having less Dmg.

Seriously SoE you need to up the TR Dps with higher dmg or actually putting it's rof over the other factions so the Dps equals out and puts them on par with the others. Cause they are Clearly lower than the others not just in dmg per shot but lower Dps once factoring in the rof, it's just a fact. The NC weapons are better dps, often better attachments and either similar or LESS/More Controllable Recoil (more updown recoil than side to side). So either lower the Nc dps or raise the Tr's, until then there is No Balance.
  7. PS2Freak

8. GimpyGotcha

No we don't dude go check the other 2 factions RoF on their weapons and compair them to TR's and you'll find that they have either equal or They Get the rof adv. It's a fact you can check with the new stats just go make a NC and VS char and look for yourself. Their carbine gets 845 rof with 143 dmg Ours does 800 rof with 143 dmg at the same range. Our guns are Less or Equal Rof with LESS Dmg on top of it often. Fact dude.
  9. pnkdth

On a 750RPM weapon 100 rounds is awesome. Not to mention you will have much more ammo spare versus the MSW-R and Orion.

As for having "huge side to side recoil", no, it doesn't. It may be huge relative to the barely noticable recoil of most TR/VS weapons but that's it. It is the cost for having a proper LMG which doesn't run out. Add a grip and it is far far from hard to controll.

Stop being selective in your comparisions.

The LC2 and LC3 also have 0.75 movement mod(something which everyone claims makes the Orion awesome) and 10 more rounds. ROF isn't everything, 800RPM with 40 rounds > 30 rounds with 845RPM and a pretty long reload considering damage per magazine.
  10. Springheel Jack

lolwut
  11. GhostAvatar

Obviously you have not been reading this thread at all, but I will repost it for just for you.

Recoil Horiz. Min/Max
    T9 Carv 0.225/0.225
    Gauss Saw 0.175/0.175

Recoil Decrease
    T9 Carv 12
    Gauss Saw 13

First Shot Recoil Multiplier
    T9 Carv 2x
    Gauss Saw 1.65x

Recoil Vertical
    T9 Carv 0.4
    Gauss Saw 0.5

Gauss Saw wins 3 out of the 4 stats. Then add in higher RoF for the T9 that multiples its recoil even more than the Saw.
    • Up x 2
  12. Cyridius

People in this thread are giving me an aneurysm with the intense levels of stupidity being displayed.

You have zero comprehension of what weapon balance is, do you?

Tell me, what is the MSW-R good at?
    It's meant to be good at Hipfire. Too bad it's worse at it than the Hailstorm and is entirely invalidated by Shotguns. Which, in case you were too busy being a ****** to notice, is why a .75x move speed is a needed benefit to actually make it worth something as opposed to the SMG and Shotgun and to put it on the same competitive level as an Orion.

What is the T16 good at?
    Allegedly it's good at long range. Riddle me this, genius, why does it start off in the lowest maximum-damage tier for LMGs, and have the same level of damage degradation rate? It is statistically inferior to the VS Ursa, the closest comparison LMG. And if you want to pull rate of fire, you should probably shut that ****** tunnel you call a mouth for a second and have this amazing epiphany, realizing that a high rate of fire is detrimental to long range weapons(Compounded by the T16's higher horizontal recoil values).

Why doesn't the TMG-50 have an Advanced Foregrip, when the NC6 Gauss SAW has one, where they have identical horizontal recoil statistics? Infact, due to the marginally higher ROF, the TMG-50 is even more difficult to control. There's a reason why barely anybody on NC uses a Gauss SAW S, and it's because it's a steaming pile of ****. Guess what, it is statistically identical to the TMG-50 in every single way except with marginally larger vertical recoil.

For somebody saying TR wants everything, sure looks like VS & NC have it in droves. VS holding 5 out of the top 10 highest projectile velocity weapons, having 2 weapons with the second highest maximum damage tiers(With the only one higher being the Gauss SAW), having weapons with a lower cone of fire and lower recoil along with equally high rates of fire.

Let's do a little something called summarizing. Out of the 8 high damage LMGs, TR has 1, VS has 2 and NC has 5.

This little fact, on top of the fact that ALL TR LMGs have a VS and NC equivalent(With the sole exception of the T9 CARV-S, dubbed the "CARV-Sh*t" by Terrans everywhere), I would consider it EXTREMELY justifiable for us to want to do everything so there's finally, at long last, a level playing field. I think I'll take my 200 damage LMG to go, please.

"tl;dr" You're a moron

If it didn't matter, it wouldn't be in, for starters. Horizontal recoil has a direct impact on weapon performance.

Horizontal Recoil where the stats show the left and right pull as equal, is like artificial cone of fire. It causes extremely random deviation in bullet spread. Take a look at VS LMGs, they all suffer the exact same dilemma with 2 important exceptions being the Pulsar and Polaris - your two highest ROF LMGs - right after the Orion(Which suffers the same as the CARV, but is statistically superior in most other aspects) - which have a single direction recoil pull.
    TR has no such benefit, with our only single-directional horizontal LMG being the MSW-R - an LMG designed for hipfiring - But is, laughably, worse at it than the Hailstorm and is invalidated by Shotguns.

-----

The T9 CARV has the highest recoil in this game, second only to the CARV-S. This is primarily due to the rate of fire making our horizontal recoil uncontrollable due to the random deviation is causes. Complaining about vertical recoil is pointless because it's easy to control.

I'm not even going to comment on the other points BuzzCutPsycho outlined here because I would be typing until tomorrow, just to outline the horrible saga of ******** that TR has had to handle in their weapons arsenal. Post below for reference.

• Up x 4
  13. VanuSovereignty

TR's infantry trait has evident since launch. The devs want TR to have the fastest vehicles, and infantry with high capacity weapons.
    The TR have slightly less fire rate on some guns to make up for the ability to kill an extra enemy per magazine.
    • Up x 1
  14. ncAce

"You're not fighting like TR"

I am just glad I don't play TR, maybe stop whining so much on the forums and the devs won't nerf you every GU.
    • Up x 1
  15. pnkdth

1. Stop being selective.
    2. Stop making false assertions.
    3. Stop with the logical fallacies.

For example, in your summarization of LMGs on who ha the most "high damaging" LMGs. Here you list NC has having high damage LMGs completely ignoring they also have the lowest ROF and that 167dmg is the standard DMG tier for NC. What makes this comparision of yours so monumentally awesome is that just before it you're raving on and on about my lack of understanding of balance.

It gets better though, you actually start to compare your MSW-R to a SMG and shotgun. You haven't thought this through at all, have you?

Thanks for the entertaining response though, and I suggest you switch to decaf.
    • Up x 1
  16. EnviousCipher

Why not compare the MSW-R to the SMG and Shotgun? Its the only TR LMG with ADV Laser, meaning its purpose is CQB, yet that has been entirely replaced by Shotguns with the odd SMG thrown into the mix. So whats the point of the MSW-R when you could have a vastly superior weapon in the form of the NS-15M (that is still inferior to the majority of NC's LMG inventory)?
    • Up x 1
  17. metrotw

Regardless of stats, once a faction is perceived as gimped it's population will suffer.
    TR right now is widely regarded as the gimped faction...mediocre weapons, prowler nerf, worst warp gate etc etc.
    Until something changes that persuades 4th faction riff raff that TR is somehow "better" then this will continue.

The 4th faction's greatest contribution to whoever is FOTM is the fact they make a great meatshield for the dedicated players of
    every faction and right now the TR has none. Whoever is fighting as TR atm are the dedicated players and are fighting as the underdogs on pretty much every server.

Hang in there guys, it will get better. :)
    • Up x 1
  18. lilleAllan

Lot at the TR crying.
    750 ROF and 40 in the mag?
    2 carbines with 0.75x ADS move speed.
    While I love the SAW, the CARV will manhandle it - and any other NC LMG - at closer ranges.
    LOL, underpowered?

I play my TR alt primarily because:
    1. Mosquito
    2. TR weapons are great fun
  19. JonnyAFKay

20. GimpyGotcha

This isn't even a sentence......
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.