No 2x Scopes on Some Guns?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Awass, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Awass

Some guns like the GD-7F, the GR-22, and all the smgs have no 2x scope. They have a 1x, a 3.4x, and a 4x, but no 2x. Is this an oversight or is this intentional and meant to balance the guns? If it's an oversight, please fix it. If it's meant as a balance, that seems pretty silly to me. Limiting the optics on a gun should never be used to balance the gun. The 2x is just a reflex sight with a little more zoom than the 1x. I don't see how that gives the user any unfair advantage. It can have an IRNV scope even, so why is the 2x specifically removed?
  2. MrIDoK

Apparently, close range carbines and assault rifles lack the 2x reflex...
    The TAR doesn't have it, the GR-22 doesn't, the GD-7F, the H-V45, the Lynx, the Jaguar and the Serpent.
    The only exception is the Cycler TRV, which is a unique cqc assault rifle (the only one with 845 rpm and 143 damage).

The strangest thing is when guns like the T16 and the CARV don't have it, even though they are mid range guns. SOE logic at work?
  3. crazyoldfart

seems like the newer guns get 2x reflex. VS SMG's do have 2x if I remember right.
  4. Clonecenter-resident

more importantly why did they remove the 2x scopes from weapons that previously had them? I logged in the other day and my scope was gone on my carnage br. no mention of it in the notes, just gone. it is not even in the list of certable scopes anymore. of course I did not get the certs back. I still havent gotten my certs from the certification grant either. customer support keeps saying that the grant hasnt happened for common p9ol weapons yet...
  5. ST4LK3R

Yeah, I've been thinking to bring up this issue. Orion has 1x, NV, 3.4x and so on but it doesn't have 2x. I kinda hate using scope with more than 2x magnification because they kinda cover up a bit of the screen. 2x is my favourite scope but Orion does not have that option. am I right to say all the default LMGs doesn't have 2x?
  6. Jkar

The Gauss SAW has access to a 2x reflex sight as the only starting LMG in game.
    • Up x 1
  7. DennisReynolds

The T16 which has the highest bullet velocity of TR lmg's and an advanced forward grip and high velocity ammo option also lacks it; which is strange since those are all characteristics mid/long range lmg's
  8. Xind

I thirst for 2x scopes on MSW-R, Lynx, and TAR. I don't understand why they don't have them.
  9. LT_Latency

Probably for balance.

This makes sure guns built for close range can't be used for effect medium range. The damage drop off for the gun makes it weaker at long range with our with out the sight so it doesn't matter if you get a 7x scope for it because it's not going to win against a sniper
  10. Awass

But close range guns have access to 3.4x scopes, so they still can be used at mid range. It really makes no sense as a balancing decision to not allow access to 2x scopes.