Launcher Does not start

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by sneakbyte, Nov 20, 2012.

1. sneakbyte

After installing the directX files etc the launcher won't start up for some reason. I double click planetside 2 on the desktop and nothing happens. Yes i have deleted the planetside beta and its files off my computer correctly. Now the launcher won't even start up.
    • Up x 1
  2. ShayeUK

It has to download some files before the installer opens. Delete your current install if you have interrupted the processes and try again.
  3. LazzzeKongo

Had the same situation.

After running "PS2_setup.exe" (from the web site) again and selecting to replace the already installed files the LaunchPad started automatically when the installation was finished.
  4. lllWAVElll

^ I tried this, but the Launchpad.exe will still crash after a several minutes of apparently doing nothing. :(

Here is the crash log:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name:APPCRASH
    Application Name:LaunchPad.exe
    Application Version:5.2.4.15
    Application Timestamp:50ab88af
    Fault Module Name:LaunchPad.exe
    Fault Module Version:5.2.4.15
    Fault Module Timestamp:50ab88af
    Exception Code:c0000005
    Exception Offset:0006dbd0
    OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID:5129
    Additional Information 1:0a9e
    Additional Information 2:0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3:0a9e
    Additional Information 4:0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I uninstalled Planetside Beta and deleted the Folder in which it was installed, I then ran the PS2_setup.exe which installed DirectX and created the new planetside2 program folder and LaunchPad.exe, but when I try to run Launchpad.exe it crashes straight away a 1-2 seconds later, without even showing the Launcher Screen or anything. o_O
  5. mahesh

I am also having this same issue, i just keep watching the task manager and the launchpad.exe runs and then goes of in seconds.
    launch pad is not launching.
  6. lllWAVElll

Ok, I have now got the Launchpad.exe to work. :)

You need to follow the below instructions (which I got from SOE Support http://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36735):
    1. Click Start, go to the Control Panel, then under Programs select Uninstall a program.
    2. Select PlanetSide 2 and click Uninstall/Change at the top of the window or right click PlanetSide 2 and select Uninstall/Change.
    3. Next delete the PlanetSide 2 folder located here: C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games.
    4. Finally, delete the file npsoeact.dll from this location: C:\Users\(Your Account)\AppData\LocalLow\Sony Online Entertainment.
    5. Run the PS2_setup.exe
    If the above doesn't work, try doing the above again and run CCleaner after uninstalling the game.

Hopefully this will fix it for you guys that are having the same problem as I had. ;)
  7. Bloodrites666

<- Same issue. Bump. Followed all your steps still doing the exact same thing.. Good thing I didnt get overexcited
  8. Crypod

Same problem. The above solution did not work.
  9. BoozaTL

same here, did the steps no use
  10. FrostyMug

Same here same issue^^^^^^^ Bump
  11. palto1826

Same...bumpity bump bump
  12. Twist

Could some of you have this issue, particularly if it results in a crash, PM me the directory you have the game installed in? Thanks.
  13. Sandman

I had a similar issue. Through steam I went to Planetside 2 properties, Local Files tab andclicked "Verify Integrity of Game Cache". It did its thing and fixed it for me.
  14. FrostyMug

Yup I tried that also when it was installed on Steam and it never fixed it
    Mine is installing into the user area of the harddrive.
  15. Xeninja

Try going to the main folder (hover over the planetside 2 shortcut and it will tell u where u need to go) and use the actual uninstaller, then reinstall. That worked for me.
  16. ArcKnight

none of the above steps seem to work, cause I've tried them like a gazillion times
  17. Barend

Cant they fix this already? Ive tried everything, couple of minutes the Launch pad runs in Task Manager the crashes and the after that it runs for 2 seconds after running it then crashes with no error code or explanation??
  18. TrionWork

My problem with LaunchPad solved. Awesomium.dll - which in some reasons missed...
    Put this dll in "PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.libs\" and its works fine.
    I upload my dll here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ijmb6g
  19. sollitdude

this has solved my issue! i restarted my computer half way an update, so i thought it had something to do with underlying settings that caused my launcher not to start. i just couldnt find them. now that i deleted all those documents settings, i can finally download planetside 2 again.