Is it just me or did TR just become Weak?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by notw2, Apr 21, 2013.

1. notw2

I play nothing but TR....after this patch......I have been dieing alot more then normal....ALOT more....And i keep getting killed by smgs and such as if they were shotguns.....no reaction time....

Spread seems worse.....damage....or damage delt by enemys are increased? OR its just me and ive been having a bad streak in the last few days 0-0

I rack up meh 250 kills roughly in meh a few hours and now....lol i cant even break that hardly 100....its liek guns are doing anything or something idk..
    • Up x 1
  2. Kon

vanu got buffed, NC got nothing so maybe your dying alot more to the vanu
  3. SgtBreastroker

Just you.
    • Up x 9
  4. Acuta

Just you....had no problem against NC tonight, then I hit TE (Mattherson) running a bazillion CARV and TRAC-5(?) died left, right, and center.

Edit: Also realized afterward that VR removed my Nano-Weave so take that for what you will.
    • Up x 2
  5. Thpthpthp

Besides my Mercies being slightly worse up close, I haven't noticed any serious weaknesses since the patch.
  6. notw2

Its not just against NC and yeah I die faster by VS as like.....VS guns are now like NC shotguns
  7. MNO

You don't die faster to VS, because our guns didn't get a damage buff other than EVERY SO SLIGHTLY past 80m. And nerfed between something like 15 and 60

So if you're being LMG'd or Carbined down past 80m all the time then you're doing something wrong. Stop being bad at the game.
  8. AdennTM

Me and outfit mates feel the same. The Carv seems to have more recoil, or something. I don't know but yeah.... w/e
    • Up x 3
  9. LibertyRevolution

The only way the VS would be killing you faster is if you where out past 100m..
    They sure ain't doing that with an SMG, lol.

This "buff" is mostly a nerf in your typical combat ranges:

I am also getting killed in what feels like instant from others peoples guns..
    This has nothing to with VS, because I am getting mowed down by TR/NC weapons.
    From my end like it is taking forever to kill, I get like 5 headshot indicators..
    But they turn and kill me in .25sec with their carbine..
    I think there is some lag issues going on..
  10. pnkdth

THE VS CHANGE WAS A NERF FOR EVERY ENGAGEMENT UP TO 80 METERS.

Got it? Yes? Jolly good.

That said, I love these threads. After every update people are searching their feelings, but be warned, your feelings betray you because what you will find are confirmation bias, anecdotes, and misinformation. You will only find thing which reinforce your beliefs, and this leads you down a dark path indeed... Ultimately it may lead to QQ, and QQ leads to demanding nerfs/buffs.
  11. Purg

Just you.
    • Up x 3
  12. pulse

Just you.
    • Up x 2
  13. Aisar

Nope it's just you bro.
    • Up x 2
  14. phreec

Every patch ninja nerfs the CARV and whatnot. At least according to TR players with no data to back up their claims except for their placebo threads like this...
  15. JonboyX

As in... the Jackhammer?! :)

@OP Could just be that those that were terrible at the game have left, and you're left with a core of players now who know how to play the game. *shrug*. dunno.

I've only noticed myself dying more to the engineer AV turret as infantry. It's better than the mana turret at av, aa, and ranged AI. go figure.
  16. Karrs

Nothing wrong with the CARV. I even rediscovered it after I put it away disgusted a few months ago.

But I too feel that the game has changed somewhat. I seem to die a lot quicker these days, but on the other hand, I also seem to kill a lot faster. The game has been running exceptionally smoothly lately. Maybe it's because of that. Even the tiniest amount of input lag can change gameplay dramatically. Maybe they fixed that.
  17. Phazaar

You're just not playing as well, or having performance issues. TR are still scoring highest and doing best, as always.
  18. Hypest

just you
  19. Rudette

Just you.
  20. Frosty The Pyro

Just you, I am still lovin the Trac-5. Still killin folks from much longer ranges thani realy should going full auto.