People placing tank mines in buildings lately

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Pikachu, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Pikachu

Has anyone else noticed that since GU7 there has been a significant increase of pants-on-head-ret*rded players who thinks it's a good idea to place 1-3 tank mines in a pile inside buildings where at best a stubborn turbo flash could reach?

Also I have seen more piles of tank mines outdoors as well. Since they are bigger now, having more of them in a pile just makes them easier to spot.
  2. Armchair

Most of those are max-traps.

AT mine max traps are more useful than

A: Busting stationary vehicles with AT mines because their proximity fuses were nerfed by tears.
    B: Mining common travel routes because their size was nerfed by tears.

C: Gibbing maxes with C4 because C4 was nerfed by tears.

By some weird twist, the increase in size makes them more practical for max traps than the older smaller ones.
    • Up x 1
  3. Pikachu

Are you saying AT mines work on MAXes?
  4. freeze

no, they combine them with AP mines, which set off the AT mines when they explode.
    no amount of Flak Armor will save you from that.
    and both mines are on different counters, so you can place more of them overall
    • Up x 3
  5. Armchair

No, I'm saying that they shoot the mines with bullets when the max walks on top of it.

(an AP mine works as well)
    • Up x 1
  6. Separatists

rig an entire biolab spawn room with them and when the base turns...
    • Up x 2
  7. Armchair

Ah yes, the classic "cert explosion"
    • Up x 2
  8. ih8Darian

Omg I need to try that now
  9. Separatists

never gets old, especially when you are using a grenade launcher so you can actually time the explosion of the tank mines =)
  10. Pikachu

Turns out people are much imaginative than me. :rolleyes: I was sure it was just ignorant new people who just unlocked their tank mines and thought it could be used on infantry.
  11. Evil Monkey

For some reason, although drivers now easily avoid my AV mines, idiot infantry rushing into spawn rooms remain as oblivious as ever.... :)
  12. Danath

The funny thing is that AV mines are somewhat "nerfed" because now there are so many flashes most probably you are spending 225 resources (3 mines) to get a kill and 35xp for the flash... wohooo
  13. ArcKnight

its great isn't it, its my fav use for AT mines

I still can't believe ppl fall for every time
  14. Dovahkiin

It's not like people have a choice.

How else are they going to resupply quickly?
  15. Reskan

As it turns out, mines designed for cracking open heavy metal armor like an egg prove to be quite effective against organic targets. However, I feel like the opportunities for using tank mines as an improvised anti-personnel mine don't come often. The only time I've successfully used them like that is when a ScatMAX was playing peek-a-boo with the teleporter near the SCU of a Biolab. He would pop in to get a few cheesy kills, and then pop back out. I felt a little creative and put two tank mines near the teleporter. Once the MAX appeared in the teleporter I shot the tank mines, and mulched that sucker immediately.

These new bloated tank mines seem like they're only good for infantry traps and parked vehicles since they're incredibly easy to spot. If anyone prefers to use tank mines like that, I'd recommend getting the Commissioner revolver. All it takes is one shot to set off a tank mine, which is much easier and efficient way to detonate them compared to using grenades. With enough imagination, the Commissioner could also open up many other uses for tank mines other than vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  16. Pikachu

I guess the best is to play with some friend who places AI mines and you place a AV next to it.
  17. Whateverworks

By cautiously advancing, looking for traps, or by tossing in a grenade or two to set off the explosives before they rush inside.
  18. s0jooman

It is indeed classic:)
    Examples to use mines indoors (since mines got nerfed for vehicles):
  19. Dovahkiin

You talk as if people actually have time for that, not to mention PS2 is a fast paced game.
  20. Armchair

Fast paced game? Most guns need a good half dozen bullets to center of mass to score a kill. Let me tell you, you haven't SEEN short ttk's.
    • Up x 2