Best replacement for mercies?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Spuno, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Spuno

Now that mercies been nerfed what's is the best replacement?
  2. Drakortha

The mercies are still really good.
    • Up x 2
  3. Tungsten

Looks like mercies still reign supreme. The nerf really isn't that noticeable and will probably only show up on your K/D and score per hour. Unless your sick of long range in which case you could join Wrex in the mutilator mid range mutant race or Shred and the onslaught close range underlings.
  4. Dragonblood

Take mercys and aim for the head!
  5. Drakortha

Stay indoors ;)
  6. Dreadnaught Wrex

Here is the current system:

Best at range: Mercies
    Best in CQC: Onslaughts
    Most versitile: Mutilators
    Cheapes to get: Heavy Cyclers.

There are alot mroe details to this and some other benifits to each that the generalizations dont highlight. But yeah, there you go. Personally like tungsten said, I use the mutilators. Which when I got them had the lowest DPS of the three.

At the moment ignoring the heavy cyclers, all the AI weapons are side grades. Do what you want.
  7. Drakortha

Has anyone tried having a mercy in one hand and a mutilator in the other? Might be good for those situations where you are overwhelmed with enemies and can't afford to reload. So while the mercy is reloading your mutilator still has rounds left to cover you.
  8. EclipsedTerror

Mercies are still the best. Toss up between Onslaught and Mutilators. Heavy Cyclers are a waste of certs.
  9. Naithe

Funny I actually use the mercy when I want something versatile, and the Onslaughts, when I want something close range. =P

Well to me Mercy and Mutilators are both the versatile weapon, where it comes down to playstyle wether you want/need 150 bullets, or more accuracy. =)
  10. Dreadnaught Wrex

Well right now, at closer ranges my mutilators out DPS your mercies. But run how you want man. Love seeing people play how they want and not get thrown into these stupid "must have" niches. :)
  11. Dragonblood

I like the new mercys even more. That velocity buff makes it so easy to hit targets at range....especially heads.
    • Up x 1
  12. MaxDamage

Onslaughts are not only viable now, they truly live up to their name. For close range fights they are superior to all others, as they should have been from the start.
    Mutilators were my second choice after Mercy, but may take top spot for general use now, possibly paired with a single mercy for accuracy needs. I tried the combination of Mercy/Muti prior to nerf, and the ability to continue firing while one arm reloads, laying down constant fire is invaluable.
  13. Rudette

I heart my Onslaughts. I dunno if this will remain true after we get flamethrowers <.<
  14. K3STR3L

Get the extended magazine for one of your mercy's and it will have the same affect as having a Mercy/Muti combo. I only use 1 extended magazine on my Onslaught's, Mercy 's and Bursters. I sometimes think about getting the second extended for all my Max weapons(except the dual Heg's) but I like the never being short of rounds to fire part when only having the one extended.
  15. MaxDamage

Got extended mags on everything but onslaughts (wasn't intending to use them until they got this buff)
  16. Armchair

Just keep the mercies. They were already the best AI max weapon in the game outside of 5m. They're still one of the best AI max weapons in the game.
  17. Tommyp2006

If you already have mercy's, get the onslaughts for that 100 round mag in cqc. Mercy is already great in med range, onslaught is better in short range.