TR Faction seemingly more perfect each GU

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BoSeefus, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Kunotron

[IMG]

[IMG]

Imagine you wake up, and these are your new neighbors. You try everything in your power to get rid of them, but cannot. So lastly you commit suicide, but respawn 15 seconds later.

That is the TR disadvantage.
    • Up x 1
  2. Nakor

Successful troll is successful.

/salute
  3. Ogedai

NC's prefered weapon is shotgun, they even have it on their fighterjets for godsake. And what range is shotguns good for?
    • Up x 2
  4. Dragonblood

Plz close this troll thread. The OP didn't even say what's unbalanced.
  5. hansgrosse

Mine is on my TR. XD
  6. Mazdam

OP is a troll. ****** TR and his best guns of the game, like lynx, jaguar and cycler... for example. I still have to find a good gun for my VS LA, traited almost all and they suck hard, only Vx6-7 left for unlock, and it is WAY worse than a jaguar lynx, wish i had a jaguar oh man... :(
  7. Sharmanti

Jesus christ. You have Scatmaxes. Those will pretty much clear a room faster than you can say "oh damn". So I wouldn't complain too much
  8. RobotNinja

Right. But MAX units cost resources and have a cooldown, while the TR who excel at close quarters combat can pull an infinite amount of Infantry. So aside from the MAX the NC's default weapons suck at close range combat...and the additional depot weapons aren't much better to be honest but they're something I guess.

NC is the long range faction. TR is the close range faction and VS is the middlin' faction.
  9. RobotNinja

I don't know about preferred. Tell me how many times you've seen NC squads en masse advancing on an enemy point with shotguns? Or any faction for that matter. No? Shocking. I wonder why not.

Shotguns! Which are the NC's specialty! Which were all nerfed. Oh. <_<

Second, you pretty much have to stick it right up the enemy's crapper to be effective.
    Not to mention the straight out of the box nerf to pump-action shotguns as well.
  10. Vixxing

Man, someone fell hard from the dumb-tree first you say NC is poor at short range, then you whine that your OP-KILL-ALL shotguns isnt long range enough? Cool bro... you make alot of sense they should give NC a 1200m range instakill-sniper-shotgun!
  11. Cinnamon

Facing off against a tank with a max suit in lockdown. It's the TR way... Might work with 5 engineers on repair duty but not sure how optimal a strategy it is.

Pounder is still about the same now. Maybe worse since it has more ammo issues and sustained fire or "pounding" is less manageable. You just get more damage in one volley before reloading, and that volley isn't going to do much to anything. They did actually manage to make Pounder HEG worse in reality..
  12. Paulus

And yet if i'm in a base fight, AS16 Nighthawk or TS-16 Blackjack (the TR auto and semi-auto shotguns) are my go-to weapon over the TRV or T1 Cycler. Don't try and tell me the Claw is bad, its a copy and paste of the Blackjack, you just have to make damn sure you hit with that 1st shot or you may not get the time to get the subsequent shots off to avoid death (from my POV fighting VS and NC).

Frankly, if as NC you're loosing in CQC its because you're facing the wrong way when you pull the trigger. Your HA have an excellent shotgun in the Jackhammer, which is now basicly a Claw or Blackjack with a bigger magazine, and if you struggle to aim with that and need to start shooting a few meters earlier, you have the insainly hard hitting Gause SAW.

Regarding the Scatmax, yes it may well take resources and have a CD, but when you can stand on point safe in the knowlege you can instagib anything except for another max (and if you're fighting TR, you will NEVER see thier max unless its a burster) your only concern left is "how do i get to the next base?". Your Quality of life situation is significantly better than you realise, when your only real hardship is "dude, where's my ride?"
  13. RobotNinja

I'm saying it makes no tactical sense to attack an enemy position with shotguns. How often have you seen that happen by NC en masse use? Never? Oh. That's why.

Allow me to clarify since you must have been on a higher branch of the dumb-tree you claim I fell from, I'm talking about rifles, carbines, lmg's, etc. The NC's default weapons cannot compete on par with the VS and TR's default weapons in close quarter combat.

Example: NC HA walks around a corner and comes face to face with a VS or TR HA. Unless, that NC HA is sinking 100% headshots, 99% of the time he's gonna get ground to dust.

Not saying NC weapons are "bad" persay but this game is focused on attacking and capping and capping is a close quarters affair and a straight out of the box NC is highly disadvantaged in close quarter combat and the depot weapons they have available aren't much better.

Shotguns are situational, but if you're trying to cap C at a biolab (the point at the top of the stairs) and there's a squad of TR at the top of the stairs and you run in the bottom with a squad of NC with shotguns...you tell me how great that's gonna work out for them. You try running up those stairs with shotguns. Your body is going to turn into a pile of dust from automatic weapons fire before your big toe even touches the first step.

Just because the NC have the Scatmax, which is highly situational, which costs resources and has a cooldown doesn't mean the NC excel at close quarters combat. As pretty much anyone on the forum will tell you that isn't being purposely obtuse and intentionally clueless NC are the hard hitting, long range combat faction.

I'm not saying the NC are bad. I'm just saying, they are not the close quarters faction simply because they can pull a Scatmax or have a few extra shotgun choices. In close quarters combat ROF, COF and Recoil rule. TR get whole lotta ROF and a bare minimum of recoil making them the bee's knees in CQC. (that rhymes!)

Now, if everyone in the NC had aimbots then I'd agree NC are definitely thee close quarters faction. They're not. They have a couple instances that are highly situational where they're good at close quarters. Otherwise, if I'm 100 meters or more away from a TR with a Carv and I'm a NC with Gauss Saw (with a scope) if that TR tries to shoot me I'm gonna laugh. On the other hand, if I return fire at the TR he's gonna start panicking and running because he's gonna die if he doesn't find cover because I don't need to empty out an entire magazine at long range to take down enemies.

If you seriously want to argue that NC are thee defining close quarters faction because Scatmax and a few extra shotguns then somebody else is going to have to argue that with you, because I'm not going to bother wasting any more time pointing out what is already glaringly obvious.
  14. Paulus

Pure speculation, we have no idea what effect "Lockdown" is going to have, we are just assuming it will buff ROF and Velocity like prowler, it may only buff one thing.

Personaly i'm not sure how good this lockdown thing is going to be, its relegated our sitting ducks, err i mean tanks that want to use our speciality, to being portable artilary that just park up on the edge of the battle and try to bombard an area with our 2x zoom. You get too close and the hordes of C4 and minespam junkies flood at you like rats after a sugarlump, safe in the knowlege you need a direct hit to kill any of them, and that chances are you'll just expend 4 shells as a "welcome to the cert harvest" fireworks display as you franticly try to unlock and back away to buy yourself more time. The same fate will befall our max. Get too close whilst locked down, people will just step round the back and stick C4 to our ***, safe in the knowlege our "unlock" timer is thier best friend.
  15. Vixxing

To much whining about stock weapons too imo... stop using them... cert new ones... stock weapons are for n00bs... (and n00bs cant use good weapons proper anyway)
  16. Prodigal

owned.
  17. Prodigal

Funny how you ride on that bullet drop.

Afaik it affects only snipers, right? Since for everyone else, bullet drop would compensate for vertical recoil, amirite?
  18. Herrick

Fun fact boys and girls.

The SAW can kill up close in 0.6 seconds
    The CARV can kill in .5 seconds

The average human reaction time is something like 215 ms

Both guns are easy to use in hugging distance. This 'massive' disparity in cqc performance is pretty much the same across the board. In conclusion NC are full of ****.
  19. Eclipson

Mines on my NC character, with the guass saw, which is so ridiculously easy to use. Man I wish I could get my hands on that with my TR main.
  20. P4NJ

Doesn't matter, NC and VS will still whine =P