Briggs and NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tullerion, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Worxe

Yeah, certainly looked like you guys were winning, with either us or VS being tied, but if it weren't for the server shutdown I think VS couldve continued to steamroll toward north Hvar to come out second place, was some really good fights.

I dont think further plain XP incentives are going to last though even if they were brought in, eventually every ones going to get atleast one preferred roll filled out.
    • Up x 1
  2. NietCheese

What do you expect? TR WON'T LEAVE INDAR.

Instead of trying to ghost cap Indar, TR could go to Amerish or Esamir when alerts are there.
    • Up x 1
  3. Katana

With our 20 to 24 % pop?

We pretty much just sit at the crown because it's the only place we can fight, it's that or ghost cap.

I played NC for 9 years, and now play TR because of the dribblers that see NC with 40% pop, and still join NC.
    • Up x 1
  4. NexusRevZ

• Up x 2
  5. f0d

yeah that really sucked just then - pretty much prime time friday night (11pm) and in the middle of an alert the server goes down :(
    final score incase anyone is interested
    [IMG]

it was a fairly even pop too
    [IMG]

the battle around cora med labs was fairly epic towards the end
    TR win - well done
    • Up x 2
  6. Pac1

This is exactly the way that alerts should be, every faction participating with even population. Unfortunately this kind of fights happen too rarely because of faction hoppers and low server population.
    • Up x 1
  7. Pac1

Maybe there's a reason, I'll give a hint:
    [IMG]
  8. Gilley

Yes Nova, you are right. The other factions also paint NC as the Real Enemy when the fourth faction is probably what we should be training our sights on. TR can be a real force when we get our platoons together working to stomp both factions at once but sometimes you end up with TR that doesnt want to participate (e.g. no hope on places other than Indar better return to the crown -___-), but on nights like tonight we manage to band together and almost win the alert (If only there wasnt downtime TR woulda had it). If we get outfit leaders working together we can show both factions but if only we can do that more often
    • Up x 1
  9. Sen7ryGun84

F*cking SOE. We (the TR) fought tooth and claw for that. The outfits were well organised, for once in a million years we had solid even populations and were curb stomping whoever got in our way as we slowly expanded over the northern and western fronts.

12 minutes till the end of the alert... HURR DURR ITS SOE HERE GUYS. 5 MINUTES TILL SHUTDOWN. F*CK YOU TR.
    • Up x 1
  10. Serval

They announced it on the forums 6 hours before the event started, people also mentioned in TR leader chat that it would be going down before the event finished and just to think of it as practice/proof of concept for TR event participation.
  11. Sen7ryGun84

That'll teach me for having a job and not taking the time to sit on my *** all day monitoring the official announcement forums before I get on in the evening and try to lead my platoon to victory in the face of overwhelming odds...
    • Up x 2
  12. xGreedFuSioN

The word "scatmax" and "useless" should never be in the same realm.
  13. soeguud

the epic galaxy sumo battle between TR and NC in the closing minutes before server shutdown was brilliant if not for them opportunistic ESFs. damn opportunistic ESFs

NC/TR . RIVALS IN FUN!!!

VS are lame opponents :|

Also, Shotgun Max - 6 slugs to kill. negligible accuracy from mid range onwards. Shotgun only 2HKs at ranges where you're better of Max slapping. While it is, yes, still a shotgun, without magazine extensions you find yourself reloading more often than firing. Due to weaponry in order to effective you must be right at the front, meaning you take more hits and subsequently go down faster than counterparts, who can rack up a far higher AI bodycount before being prioritized as targets. they are terrible at shooting tanks to boot. Same AA capabilities as others coz bursters are common pool ...
  14. Worxe

Within 5-10 metres id probably agree.

Besides that, useless applies. I get better mileage as a light assault with the claw than a scatmax now, far more mobile as well with vertical movement and AV options, or any other class for that matter paired with a claw.

But the mercy? lol - theres an AI role right there, even post nerf. NC MAX's only useful role now really is AA, because they decided to make their AV role (which was even used more for AI than AV..) more fearful by nerfing its damage as well as making the projectiles way more visible.
  15. Heyitsrobbie1984

Its not NCs fault they get cooler looking gear ;)
  16. Evil Monkey

Well, if you spend 500 certs on an extended mag you can theoretically kill another MAX without reloading, and if you spend 1000 certs you have a moderate chance of winning, provided the other MAX blunders into range. That "range" is now about 5-10m at best. This is provided the Mercy/Cosmos has not been firing at you on the way in. I've died twice to NC MAXes post nerf, with about 2 dozen kills against them, with uncerted VS and TR chainguns (I remember bagging 7:1 in one biolab fight - where scatmaxes once ruled supreme.) I used to die more often to them in a single biolab fight.....

They are still good to gank infantry 1:1 but so can any MAX - and the VS/TR ones are effective over a much wider variety of ranges; they are not restricted to hiding in rooms hoping for "customers." The clip nerf had a huge impact - under "normal" combat conditions you might take down 1-2 opponents before you are totally vulnerable with a 4-sec reload. A Mercy will also take down 1-2 opponents, over up to 5-10x the range, then have another 20 rounds left for any more "friends." YMMV, but I've found my SPM with Cosmos and Mercies are only 10% less than the Skillsaw at the peak of its powers.

At the risk of being provocative, I'd suggest the only people who die to scatmaxes now, tend to be the unwary or the stupid. APMs are more scary.
  17. Tullerion

bumping this thread, SoE nees to fix this ****, NC has won all the ******* alerts for the past week and NOTHING has been done.
    • Up x 1
  18. Tullerion

LOL put up a good fight, almost beat the NC even though they had over 10% more pop than us, shows how horrible NC is without thie super over pop!
  19. Blueink

Exaggeration look it up.....

If you want to win an alert outside Indar make an effort to get your faction to Amerish and Esamir in numbers instead of making excuses and whinging. Funny how NC are just another faction in an alert on Indar, I mean it could not possibly have anything to do with people staying on their own faction and contesting the battle instead of switching and artificially padding numbers like in all those screenshots
  20. Tullerion

You're just cranky cause VS and TR stood up to you just now and wiped the floor with the NC LOL... we need to do that more often