Light Assault with a Shotgun

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jrv, Apr 16, 2013.

1. SpecOps Delta

First of all - if you tried the test server you will recognize that the jetpack of the LA will be really loud!
    And even in the state of pre-GU07 I nearly NEVER was instagibbed by a LA with a shotgun. You have to get so close to OHK an opponent that in 90% of all those killings the dead player made a mistake. I know it is way easier to cry about OP weapons, classes and even hardware before admitting a mistake on your own. I also play LA but I am way better with my VX6-7 than with my pump action.

Try to be aware of your surrounding, dont run into small rooms without checking it properly. Always move in a non-predicable way. The long rechamber time of a Pump Action is also an advantage for players who stand against a LA or HA with a PAS.

It is clearly a fail to think LAs are OP. Mostly the players are UP. Think about this.
    • Up x 3
  2. vaxx

Spawn beacon, squad deploy, aircraft landing on a roof, tricky jumping, galaxy drops, are all ways any class can get to places the LA can, even bio lab roof (inside and out). Sure not as easy, or consistent, but not hard either. Just pointing that out...
  3. C0L0NELH0GAN

No! HA with shield running towards you and OHK you with his PA Shottie and then press V and 8...
  4. Xind

Keep moving at all times. It's funny, because I already do this and I still find my killboard has a double sniper kill any time I go outside.
  5. WookLordz

I approve this signature
  6. WookLordz

I'm sorry, what long range weaponry does an LA have access to? Underbarrel shotgun, really? 2 rounds of smoke or grenade, for which you get a crappy gun in return....
  7. WookLordz

If it was so "cheese" LA wouldn't rank in the bottom 2 classes for play time. Obviously you have no understanding of the skill it takes to do something like that.
  8. smokemaker

Sneaky is fun.
  9. ChaosRender

Every gun in the game can shoot 300m, that aside i was just pointing out that if you want to complain about all the tools one class has you have to remember all the tools your class has.

On the topic at hand, I have been playing my LA a lot lately and no I don't think LA are not broken, they offer the same amount of team support as a HA, and they only really need a little buff and they would be fine. How ever the Shotgun is a bit too good at close range while jet packing currently, that will be fixed mostly with the Jet pack change, and things should be fine.
  10. WookLordz

I would say a significant difference is the tools I mention for HA can all be carried in the same loadout. And to be an effective flanker/hunter/killer, you need to sacrifice any of the armor upgrades to get the speed boost. Also, carbines are not effective out to 300m, no way. At close range an LA can be pretty deadly to one ground vehicle, as opposed to the HAs ability to engage multiple air/ground vehicles at range.

So the LA with a shotty is pretty much a one trick pony, so it needs to excel at that. Not have it nerfed.
  11. ChaosRender

The LA ability is the Flank, not get easy kills, so no I do thing they should get better Anti infantry stuff, nor do I think they need a nerf at the moment.

And I run around with my LA and hit people at long range just as easy as I do with my heavy, I also get a lot more easy kills due to how strong this class can be. So please stop thinking i want the class nerfed I don't, I also know how strong the class is and like it for that fact.