Is ADAD macros legit?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fredfred, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Chiss

You cant really expect him to work out how to use AHK can you...? Not after such a stupid post.

This is my AHK script;
    Oh baby, look at those ADADADADADAD
  2. Xind

You really wanna lump SMGs in there with the OHK weapons? Do you have any idea how hard it is to take on a Resist Shielding heavy with an SMG? Especially when they all have shotguns?
    • Up x 1
  3. Udnknome

the ADADADAD tactic was patched out during beta, in fact it was a primary complaint of many people until the speedhacks became available late beta.. Anyone that is slamming against either wall of a hallway at high speeds is probably not legit (my testing of the G20 Keyboard is not as effective as most of the other players I see doing this, though the same keyboard could be used to toggle a speed hack and then turn it off after the dance).

It looks like a speed hack to you, it will probably look like a speed hack to a GM shadowing them. Just report them, and be done with it. (so far I know of 2 people I reported that showed up on the "falsely banned" forum a few days later).
  4. St0mpy

...is a mini programming language with a lower entry level than full blown professionally used languages and has many released products as well as a good community and to just point at that and say its to blame is totally unfair to the millions who use it, or derived products who never cheated in a game. Imagine my surprise when my BF3 wouldnt run one day because my weapon browser application (views stats offline, has no connection to the running game) was suddenly blocked, just because it was programmed in ahk. Closing it I could run the game. Insane, ahk is easily compiled just like any language.

It would be like saying you cant have any .exe running incase someone made a macro in any one of a list of languages, like visual studio, python, tcl etc, just ahk runs its own file format and is simple to catch bottom feeders who just ask for basic scripts, but as in all generations if someones determined they will find a way and there are alternatives. Its not even the easiest to learn, there are others, plus even basic logitech products provide macro support as standard, to single out one user friendly programming language isnt fair since any can be used for the same output. Ban python apps too, vb, net?

Lastly, while I personally have been involved managing servers for a gsp as well as cheat discovery and much online adminning in games ive clanned and been involved in, I personally would never use any kind of cheat however I do remember a time where actual macros were allowed, infact game engines up to quake 3 all had a player side .cfg scripting system for you to create your own command based macros, there were user sites full of useful little effects, not cheaty, just convenience, but through recent years games companies have seen that as a threat and desire to control every element of the development thereby excluding many perfectly normal uses which simply help save time.

Just like the guy who wants to put /suicide on his button, theres no cheating there but technically its 1 keypress for 8 keypresses so shouldnt be allowed under the strict policy. Is just easier for soe this way and thats the law we have to abide by to play without worry.
  5. S1eB

It's so sad what online gaming has become, with all these pathetic hackers, bunny hoppers, macro users and people that just do anything other than use actual skill.

More and more I am put off play because of people that do all these stupid things.
    I play 100% legit, I don't bunyhop, use macros or do stupid ****, it pisses me off when I keep coming across people that do the opposite.
    Lately It seems like it's just getting worse and worse. At least 8/10 people I encounter start bunnyhopping, ADADADA and the rest of it.
    It just makes me not want to play, I have been getting more fun out of single player games lately because I don't have to put up with other peoples BS.

Macros are just as bad as paid hacks, sadly though, you can't prove a macro.
    • Up x 2
  6. ent|ty

Good. I agree.

For any FPS game this has been a hot topic. In the end, I still believe scripting and macros are lame.
  7. RobotNinja

Wrong. It is against TOS and a bannable offense, per the devs themselves only macros are allowed are ones where one button = one keypress. If one button macro starts some sort of dodge sequence then no, that is not legit.
    • Up x 1
  8. LibertyRevolution

Why would you need a macro to press adadada??? Isn't your left hand there anyways?
    My fingers do it without even thinking about it, its is muscle memory from 20 years of playing FPS...

As other have said, using macros is cheap and skill less...
    Mods said 1 keystroke per macro, so given that, what is the point in macroing?

There was people using autohotkey for autowalk back in the day before they gave us autowalk, but other than that what good would 1 keystroke macro do?

Having /suicide macroed would be against the rules as stated by the mods, as it is multiple keystrokes.
  9. Sebyos

Read again. I said Inifiltrators with SMG not SMGs... I find SMGs pretty balanced unless a low skilled player decides to cloak and get me from behind.
  10. Xind

Ahh, so a player that took the time to play the class with least health and infiltrate through an unspeakable amount of enemies with OHK weapons using a cloaking system that is a best a moderate reduction in visibility then waited for you to enter an area without investigating it thoroughly and then executed you, is low skill? Right-o.
  11. Kroom

Perhaps they have a disability and macros are the only way they can play an FPS.

Narrow minded…
  12. Alpharius111

ADAD macros? Seriously? Coming up next: crouch macros, jump macros, move forwards\backwards macros and turn left\right macros.
  13. ThePackage

Macro-ing movement is one of the worst things you can do. Anyone who would macro strafing back and forth is bad bad bad.
  14. Wobberjockey

1 i have heard SOE employees say that chat macros are fine. i have many times contemplated a yell/order for get the hell away from the crown

2. TF2 supports them as well. in fact there is a seperate.cfg file for every class. before i had my razer naga, i programmed up some pretty comprehensive stuff that let me access the majority of my weapons with a few quick key presses from my thumb button.

i also coded up something similar to the alternate spy menu (where you press 1,1 or 3,1 instead of just 1 for scout or 7 for... demoman was it?)

but the general point remains there is nothing inherently evil about macros. at the end of the day there is still a player pulling the strings, and they have sacrificed some flexibility in order to gain speed or convenience in some other area. which is why i wouldn't use them in a game like PS2. the situation is far too fluid and dynamic for me to have seen any situation that says "man, i need a macro for this".
  15. SgtBreastroker

Because clearly a majority of players who use macros are disabled in one way or another......

AHHH MY FINGER HAS PERMANENT CRAMPS, BETTER USE MACROS.
  16. pucwyczes

They should disable everything that can interact with mouse movement, AHK is such software... it's not only ADADADADAD macros, you can set up macro that will move your mouse x pixels down while LMB is pressed, it starts with simple macro but skilled user can do much more with it.
    Isn't it using software to gain advantage over other players? Sounds like violating rules to me.
  17. Goretzu

Well people have some with all of those. :D

There's an expliot behind the idea of ADAD macros though, over and above what ADADing by hand does.