Do you notice few people going medic

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RHYS4190, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Sen7ryGun84

Or if you're ever feeling humorous and have a few spare mates with the right certs for the job you can play PS2 team fortress style and stack 3 medics with 5-6rank med guns behind a HA with max nanoweave and adrenaline shield. It works surprisingly well in many infantry combat situations. Nearly as good as engineers behind a max.
  2. Zaik

I have some certs in medic(flak 4, tool 6, attachments for gr-22), but in my outfit they're used mostly in a "clean up after the fight is over" role with ressing and whatnot, so while very effective and probably better for score/hour with near instant resses and the amazing GR-22/H-V45/TAR, it's pretty boring overall so I don't play it unless we need someone to.

we would probably use them more often if they had some way to fight vehicles due to the aoe heal potentially being amazing for surviving explosion spam if used by multiple people at the same time with flak 4-5, but atm it's really only HA and to a much lesser extent MAXes that can do it, eng turret is not ideal at the ranges and places we generally fight armor at.
  3. Bill Hicks

A good medic makes or breaks a push or point defense.
  4. VKhaun

Yeah but before they nerfed the crossbow the hardest mode was a joke, and the whole argument is moot. As an FPS player I refuse to call running in a big circle self healing for an hour in a single player match 'soloing' the game. When my whole team gets wiped in the first two minutes on hard+ and I survive the five person round by shooting, charging, and pushing... I can make a much stronger claim to 'solo'.

I don't care how OP the sharpshooter is.
    Going triple double pistols is pwnsauce.

5. Lessonteacher

Medic is awesome. The guns on TR are the best weapons for any non heavy... My best score per min is as medic since they can also revive and heal... further, they can carry C4 with no downside as they dont require med kits.

If people don't play the class its because they don't realise how awesome it is... A buff to medics is not required.
  6. Jalek

Then when mediocre but have a few certs, rez grenades help to catch up.
  7. Astealoth

i don't play medic because every time i try to, i run into some lame bug with the class

right now, if i try to revive someone who redeployed i no longer get revive xp or credit from any subsequent revive until i relog, it's beyond frustrating.
  8. lilleAllan

Uhm what? The Gauss Rifle is better than the merc in every way.

Insane bullet velocity, MUCH less damage drop off, easy recoil. It easily outclasses the carbines.
    • Up x 1
  9. TerryTenMen

Did I really see someone say the TAR is more or less a lynx?!?! TAR is hands down the best assault rifle in the game now
    • Up x 2
  10. Gisgo

This is true BUT... being a medic is only satisfying and usefull while part of a teamplaying squad/platoon.
    ATM the game is - for the most part - a cert farming contest, in this scenario ENGIE is a better choice because you can support AND resupply yourself AND kill veichles.
  11. ladiesop

IMO medics should be allowed to see and heal player shields with the medic tool, and get reduced MAX healing. Their killing power isn't the main issue.
  12. Grotpar

I don't get your problem.
  13. Antich

Actually the game decided not to give any xp for revives when the target was hit by friendly fire. And no, it doesn´t need to be a TK for that to happen, just to be hit by it, 1% dmg taken from a friendly is enough to screw the medic over.
  14. WalrusJones

A lot of people don't get that, due to the way directional recoil works..... The TAR literally has the most predicable recoil in the game, with a VERY narrow angle of allowance in recoil direction (And directional recoil,) making a foregrip useless on it due to how easy the recoil is to manage anyhow.

As for its "40 meter hipfire kills...."

Lets not talk about it....
  15. lemonsqueezy72

Yeah and for players like me who maxed out their rez gun to revive people at 100% health only to have a million newfriends use their level one rezguns on corpses after me.......... #sigh#
    • Up x 2
  16. Paperlamp

My most played is medic but I've almost completely stopped playing it now. My reasons -

#1. The class is not very good for combat. I am far better off with the durability of a HA or the mobility of the LA, or even the stealth of the infiltrator. Assault Rifles are good weapons and I'd love one on Light Assault, but on the medic they feel a bit of a waste because you're going to lose in straight up shootouts at mid-long range with competent HAs and you'll lose against decent LAs who get the jump / superior ground on you which they're built to do. There's no class the medic really counters/competes with when it comes to killing.

#2. Revives are rarely worth it. You bring the player back in a vulnerable state, and while there are situations where it's safe to revive usually it's not that much less convenient for them to deploy at a sunderer. They're good for keeping small, sunder-less squads going but in large battles it doesn't feel like you make much of an impact. The visibility of a player being revived often makes them targets from every angle as they're a practically free kill. When I'm sniping I'll put my scope right over where they're going to stand up and just body shot them.

#3. Healing doesn't keep players alive very well. A MAX unit being repaired is tough to bring down, but infantry can be killed through 10 medics healing them. Sure, it makes some difference keeping everyone at full health rather than wounded, but that really only takes one medic.

#4. The XP isn't that amazing anymore. As engi, resupplies and repairs competes while you've also got better AV capability. As HA you'll get lots of rewarding vehicle destruction assist XP that's now worth ~3-6 revives and of course more if you get the final hit.

#5. Being where people are dying and not having your weapon at the ready sucks. There's no K/D specific to class but I'd bet medic is my lowest easily. Often the place a medic is most "needed" is where the most nooby zergers are getting farmed because they're approaching from a sub-optimal angle. They're dying for a reason and if you revive them they will die again, and you might go with them.

The simplest reason though is that it's just not that fun to play for me. Flying is fun. Shooting rockets and mowing down multiple enemies with large LMG clips is fun. Sneaking around ambushing people is fun. Healing and reviving in its current implementation isn't. It needs to be more powerful but more complex for it to be enjoyable, IMO.
  17. framperton

I Agree. I was a medic since very early beta, and had a blast with it. Then at some point, I just started getting into LA more and more going from being such a mobile unit to being ground based is quite a shock, and I often found myself longing for the times where I could fly behind enemy lines and bomb their MAX units with C4.

There's just something about playing a medic now that doesn't really appeal to me anymore. Maybe I'm just burnt out with them, but it's just not as fulfilling as more. I'm going to get back into my medical role as of late now though because as the OP noted, there are a dwindling number of them around now. Time and time again I'm frustrated by what I perceive to be the complete logistical incompetence of my outfit and faction at large, when really I think its due to the lack of more medics.

They really are the backbone of any assault or defense, and without them you are really heavily reliant on easily campable spawn rooms or sitting duck sunderers.
  18. TintaBux

If your in good outfit, you get allot of medics.
  19. Xind

We have very different experiences.

I tend towards if your tool isn't maxed, you shouldn't be using it. The TTK is too fast to get up with anything short of a full health bar unless you've cleared the area first. It's possible you're just one of the good ones.
  20. TeknoBug

Not a big fan of the TAR, the T1 Cycler is all the TR medic needs. The H-V45 is a ridiculous assault rifle, it should be classified as a carbine, Reaper DMR is my second favorite behind the H-V45.