General Poll: What have you got in your suit slot?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Valena, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Valena

Infiltrator: Ammo belt/Grenade belt - whatever I feel like at the time
    Light Assault: Adrenaline Pump
    Engineer: Utility Pouch
    Medic: Advanced Shield Capacitor
    Heavy: Munitions Pouch

What's in your suit?
  2. ExarRazor

engy: max utility pouch
    HA: nanowave 5, or for my lancer-only setup, munution pouch 3, or for my lasher setup, grenade belt maxxed, conc+ lasher = fun
    medic: nanowave 5
    light assault: nanoweave 5
    infil: nothing. I don't play infil at all :(
    max: kinectic armor 5
  3. Xind

Engineer: Flak 4 or Nano 5. (working towards flak 5)
    Heavy Assault: Nano 5
    Light Assault: Grenade Bandolier, Nano 4, Adrenaline Pump or Ammunition Bandolier (need more loadouts)
    Infiltrator: Grenade Bandolier or Nano 5
    Medic: Nano 5
    MAX: Kinetic 5
  4. DayBreak998

Heavy: Nanoweave 5 + resist : makes me win 2v1 engagements all the time
    engine: utility pouch for one shotting sunndies with 3 bricks of c4
    LA: Adrenaline pump: SOOOO useful for running into a room with people, shotgunning most of them to the face and running out before the last couple of people realize what just happened
    medic: nanoweave
    max: kinetic for ground, flak for AA
    infil: none. infil sucks without the smg(which i don't have)
  5. Tenhi

HA: Flak 4 (want Nanoweave 5)
    LA: ASC 5 (want Grenade Bandolier)
    Engi: Flak 4 (want Flak 5)
    Medic: Nanoweave 4 (want Nanoweave 5)
    Infil: nothing because I dont play Infil...
    MAX: Kinetic 5 for AI, Flak 5 for AV/AA

If I ever have too many certs left I will go for Flak/Nanoweave 5 but not right now. Advanced Shield Capacitor feels like a huge waste on my LA :/ will prob go for Grenade Bandolier if I can recert (or if I have too many certs ;)). Flak 4 on my HA also feels not that useful... after they nerfed all the tank/grenades/air splash... so I will prob go for Nanoweave here too.
  6. Clonecenter-resident

I see a lot of people running nanoweave on their medics. I don't quite understand it.
    Flak armor keeps me from dying to ridiculous AoE spam and as long as I survive then my whole team does.

Unless nanoweave 5 magically keeps you from getting OHK'd by PA's then I don't see any benefit to it. Am I missing something?
  7. mj23rm2

Heavy: Flak 4
    Light Assault: Adrenaline Pump
    Engineer: Flak 4
    Medic: Flak 4
    Max: Flak 5
  8. HadesR

Bit personally isn't it ? Not even going take me on a date first ? :eek:
    • Up x 4
  9. DayBreak998

is flak armor really worth it?

I never had rocket spam because i'm ALWAYS indoors
  10. Tenhi

Grenade AoE is pretty small right now. Same goes for Tank/Air AoE. So inside buildings you can simply dodge the small grenade AoE and outside... you will die anyways if the tank/air can shoot you ;). Also even with Nanoweave 1 you will survive the inner blast of a tank ... and you can heal yourself. Its not like you need a high amount of HP left to be able to get to the next medic.

Also seeing that I run 4 Medkits on my Medic... Nanoweave feels just better. If I get hit by a tank I just pop a Medkit and all is good. If he can shoot me a 2nd time I'm dead anyways (even with Flak 5 you die if a tank can hit you 2 times).

Now if you consider the other side. How often do you die to "normal" weapons? Just look at your player page and compare normal vs. aoe. After they nerfed the aoe dmg I almost never die to it...
    • Up x 1
  11. Xind

Nanoweave is health. It's a synergy for your healing aura ability the same way it stacks well with resist shield on heavy. It's just a bigger health pool that you can natively restore.
    • Up x 2
  12. ACE McFACE

Infiltrator: Ammunition pouch/belt thing
    Light Assault: Adrenaline pump
    Medic: Nanoweave
    Engineer: Flak Armour
    Heavy Assault: Flak Armour
    MAX: Flak Armour
  13. Metalsheep

Everything but LA: Flak
    LA: Adrenaline Pump
    MAX: Kinetic Armor
  14. Lancener

I always go with nanoweave, surviving some of those headshots from snipers is pretty nice.
    • Up x 2
  15. Stealth1

Infiltrator: Ammo Belt
    Light Assault: Ammo Belt
    Medic: Nanoweave
    Engineer: Utility Pouch / Flak
    Heavy Assault: Flak / Munitions
    MAX: Kinetic / Flak
  16. Serval

Flak armour, flak armour, flak armour, flak armour, flak armour and flak armour.
    • Up x 4
  17. Swiffle

For LA
    Most of the time for extended fights, Ammo Bandolier
    For large fights, sometimes Grenade Bandolier to spam nades or flashes
    For low life expectancy/tough situations, Nanoweave
    Rarely Adrenaline Pump, mainly for hunting vehicles I guess.
  18. Clonecenter-resident

are they tracking those in a meaningful way now? The killboard on the players site is about useless for tracking that long-term.

I don't die much to aoe now either, but i'm wearing flak so....
    As for bullets, the thing that kills me the absolute most is shotguns. Does nanoweave 5 stop that? If so it might be worth the investment, if not, well, I don't see the point.

I don't need "one extra bullet" to kill me because my gunfights are almost never that close. Usually if the guy kills me with 2 or 3 bars of health left I get the kill anyway because of latency and clientside hit detection.

My 1v1 fights seem to always be very one-sided, either way. Of course, as a medic any fight I walk away from is very one sided because within 10-15 seconds i'm back at full health/shields.
  19. DashRendar

LA - Capacitor 5 or Adrenaline
    Medic - Capacitor 5
    Engineer - Flak 3
    Heavy - Flak 3 or Capacitor 5
    MAX - none as of yet
    Infil - do not use enough to buy armor.

I love capacitor on Medic because my job is to res my squad and between self-heal ability and fast shield recharging, I am back at full and rezzing very quickly. People say flak or nano make you die less sure, but instagib is instagib and a suit will affect that outcome in .1% of encounters. Capacitor is the only suit option that allows you some benefit on the occasions where you survive. In situations where you are sneaking around an enemy base and hoping an enemy doesn't pop around the corner while your shields are still down from your previous fight, getting that 500HP padding back as quickly as possible can save your life more than nano/flak with 0 shields will.
  20. VanuSovereignty

Ammo for LA and Infiltrator, Flak for everything but MAX (autorepair)