Redownloading 39MB every time I launch PS2!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TSAndrey, Apr 13, 2013.

1. TSAndrey

Everytime I try to launch PS2, I have to redownload the same 39MB I already downloaded. I know that there were no updates after the last one, so WTF is going on?
  2. Riisipildur

Yup, same here. Every time installing 39mb of something again and again.
  3. ZheBuff

4. Dr.Insomnia

Same problems as the above. It's getting annoying at this point
  5. GeneStarwind

I was curious when I saw that so I clicked the Wrench icon by the bar to see what it was downloading and updating. It was only one file: PlanetSide2.exe
  6. Zugg

Likewise. Additionally I seem to be crashing every time there is a flak explosion now. Which wasn't occuring last night. Fun times.
  7. Hatamoto

oh the quality
  8. Hatamoto

this coupled with the triple loading screens return will really have me play this game even less

just a heads up for you SOE the level of annoyance you are starting to build up, not good for bussiness i assume
  9. starlinvf

Are you running this through Steam by any chance?
  10. TSAndrey

No. Normal PS2 launcher
  11. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

There are a few different issues which may be causing this problem for you, so you may need to try a few things to get into the game:

1. Please ensure that you have added an exception within your Firewall or Anti-Virus software for planetside2.exe, launchpad.exe, and awesomiumprocess.exe.

The location of these files can vary, but by default they should look like this:

Win7/Vista/Win8

C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.exe
    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.libs\AwesomiumProcess.exe

Windows XP

C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.exe
    C:\Program Files\\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\PlanetSide2.exe
    C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2\LaunchPad.libs\AwesomiumProcess.exe

PS2 & Anti-Virus Software

2. You may need to clear the cache settings for the launch pad by going to the launchpad.libs folder in your PlanetSide 2 directory and delete the launchpad.cache folder then try accessing the game once again.

3. The launcher may have been corrupted and will need to be repaired before it will work correctly. You can repair the launcher with the launcher set up file from the following link:

https://launch.soe.com/installer/PS2_setup.exe

If your problems persist, please reply back.
  12. TSAndrey

The problem seems to be fixed now! Thanks for the reply, Jesse!