Keep Crashing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by FightingFirst, Apr 12, 2013.

1. FightingFirst

Since GU06 Ive been crashing randomly. Never really had the problem before, but the game will crash to desktop sometimes after 1hr or other times only after 10 mins. There doesnt seem to be any connection between doing something in game crashing as Ive been doing different things each time the game crashes.
    Specs are below. Anyone else getting this. Never really had a problem before this.
  2. OldMaster80

If you have Win7 and you received updates, just uninstall them. Last security patch seems to cause problems.
    Since I uninstall last Win 7 update PS2 quit crashing.
  3. FightingFirst

I will try that cheers. Ive also re-installed PS2 as well as a precaution.
  4. TSR AlexS Customer Service

Keep us posted! Let us know if a different error message comes up.
  5. Brainwayne

do you know by any chance which updates? KB-number? or the date of release?
  6. FightingFirst

Ok, which update specifically, or on which date? My fresh install of PS2 still crashes so I shall try the win7 suggestion. I just need to know which one as there are quite a few
  7. Simo

I'm having the same issues since GU06. I've been in since Beta and my hardware has not changed. I'm running the latest nvidia drivers. I could probably count on one hand how many crashes I had prior to the past week or so. Now I get several per night usually.
  8. OldMaster80

I uninstalled all the security updates I received on 11th April.
    Just to be 100% sure I doublechecked: I reinstalled the security updates then ran PS2 and it crashsed after 10 seconds. After a new updates uninstall the game runs fine again.
  9. FightingFirst

Hmm, I only have updates on the 10th, Ill uninstall those as Im guessing they could be the same and report back.
  10. t31os

Are you sure it was necessary to remove all the april security updates? I've removed KB 2823324 so far, per the suggestion in this thread, which unfortunately hasn't helped and i'm wondering if it's a worth removing the others to see if that resolves the issue.

The updates i downloaded on the 11th(i believe the updates were out before then, but i don't check for updates every single day) were..

KB2823324 (this is the one i've removed already)
    KB2817183
    KB2813347
    KB2813170
    KB2808735
    KB2799926

EDIT: I've linked the KB IDs to their respective Microsoft pages(for convenience).
  11. pizo1

Hm odd i have same issues and i removed all off them and it is still crashing.......any other problems maybe connected with crashes?
  12. OldMaster80

You know, just to be on the safe side... :p
  13. t31os

Maybe later then, can't bring myself to try it just yet, still frustrated about the last crash(because the game was running smoothly in the time i was playing)... :(
  14. FightingFirst

Hmm removed the security updates and still get the message "The programme has stopped responding, window will close it etc..." although it does seem to happen less frequently. It is definitely something to do with the last big update as I never crashed before that.
  15. blueangleofdeath

That's the dummest thing ever. Removing security updates that leaves your computer open to attacks to play PS2.
  16. JoCool

For two days the game also keeps crashing for me, every 5 to 15 minutes. The game has become unplayable. I have never had problems before and have changed nothing regarding my hardware nor software, my system is set up perfectly clean and runs smooth like a knife through warm butter. Yes, I do have Windows Updates working automatically and if PS 2 is in a conflict with it, I want SOE to fix it asap.
    As long as they have not fixed it, by German law the customer has the right to give back the product or the right of the use of the product and is entitled to a full refund. While I won't do that, some numb nuts might get into those ideas so they should hurry up.

Also, since that certification handout German gaming mags posted about this and the forums are full of very negative feedback. Just make a roll back.
  17. FightingFirst

If you arent a complete nub and you dont visit shady sites then you can pretty much get away with nothing. Taking the security updates away and then installing them again isnt going to lead to your computer being compromised.